[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

So it stores it in the DB worldspace column like this now?

SbfqD2M.png

And we have to run SQL every restart or something?

Yes.  Has no issues with SteamID length.  Lots of room available (more than 150 charactersusable after worldspace details are saved) and easy to split out and reference.  This also leaves the characterID column free for switching back to the vanilla system and no clashed with other mods using the same characterID field for other things.  Lockables can now also have an owner etc.

The sql is for a one time alignment of steamIDs to the correct place in the worldspace field for stuff already built before you applied the mod..  Once done for all your players, no need to run again. 

Looks to be working after death, I can still upgrade objects.

I don't get any option to remove built objects though, is that still an outstanding issue?

What version are you running (2.2.1 Hosted / Dedicated is the most recent).  I am pretty sure remove was working as the last release was to fix upgradables not being able to be removed after downgrading (i.e. upgrade a door with a lock.  Downgrade the door and remove the lock and then you could not remove the door - fixed in 2.2.1).

If you are using the current version, what are you trying to remove that is not working (if not everything) ?.  Will test tonight.

I have bought it yes aswell as PMC

Also any ETA on the tagging and what about the whole only the owner can acces their safe as my players do not like that

Thanks

Did you run it before copying the files to the server ?.  TBH this is more of a server install issue than something with this mod.  Post up a question on the server install forum and someone should be able to dig in to it a bit more for you.  I need to get working on the tagging ;) .

I will start on the tagging tonight.

Only the safe owners being able to access their safes is the way it was done for Epoch, although I am not sure if it worked correctly.  I may add in friendlies as an option the server owner can turn on for safe opening but as there is no way to remove friendlies once tagged that runs the risk of an old friendly still being able to unlock the safe even if you have fallen out with them.  There is the friendlyto option which allows only friendlies that have looked at you since login to open the safe (same method used in Epoch for building at a friendlies plot pole).

Ahh nuts.  Sorted out the tag_friendly.

The fn_damageactions.sqf is still referencing the standard version.

Find

_action = _unit addAction ["Tag as friendly", "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_tagFriendly.sqf", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];

Replace with

_action = _unit addAction ["Tag as friendly", "Custom\PlotForLifev2\player_tagFriendly.sqf", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];

Note: I am now seeing remove issues: False alert.  Remove works fine   :).

Ok this is making no sense to me, What is the point of having a locked safe if noone else can unlock it... 

This is my players complaining not me

They should get the option to use the combination.  The owner can unlock without the combination.

What are your players getting ?.

Anyone else trying this mod getting the same issue ?.

They should get the option to use the combination.  The owner can unlock without the combination.

What are your players getting ?.

Anyone else trying this mod getting the same issue ?.

I'm not totally sure the majority of people complain they can't and some say they can but they don't unlock most of the time correctly.

Surely if you unlocked the safe you should be able to lock it so say a group wants to share a safe they can lock it if the owner isn't online?

And it seems after installing this i have been experiencing some weird bugs like quite a few players are complaining that their main character doesn't spawn and things like after restart their character gets reset ect.

Might not be related to this mod but it may be.

Also this server_monitor thing, i just made the changes by comparing and i left mine in my server PBo is that alright?

Also this server_monitor thing, i just made the changes by comparing and i left mine in my server PBo is that alright?

I have no idea why Rim decided to move server_monitor.sqf to mission pbo. Just make the changes in the file, leave it in server pbo and don't touch init.sqf.

I have no idea why Rim decided to move server_monitor.sqf to mission pbo. Just make the changes in the file, leave it in server pbo and don't touch init.sqf.

I did these changes but its not in the mission file it's outside of the mission (same level as the @Epoch & @Epoch_Server folders). I can't see anything being reported in the RPT when building using this method so will take Cen's advise and merge the edits into the server.pbo

Cheers for the heads up Cen, I was wondering why nothing was being reported!!

Pry

The dedicated build leaves the server_monitor.sqf on the server side only (not in the mission).  The hosted build is for people with hosters that have no access to the server folder and so cannot place it serverside.

The dedicated has the server_monitor.sqf in a folder rather than in the dayz_server.pbo as I would think people would rather I concentrate on fixing bugs than writing a gide on how to extract a file from a pbo, what software to use, how to load it back in and then troubleshoot issues that arise concerning whatever PBO extraction package people use and the process of getting the file out and loading a new file in. 

Changing it in the server.pbo also changes the signiture which did not seem to cause any issues when I tried but may in future or possibly with one for the antihack set of scripts which I do not use.

Tl;Dnr: Easier to support, troubleshoot and amend the server_monitor.sqf on the server outside of the pbo.  Can concentrate on bug fixes rather than unpbo support.  Put it in the pbo if desired.  Will work fine and change the link in the init.sqf.

As this should be going in to the core Epoch build it will be in the dayz_server.pbo file in the end anyway :) .

And it seems after installing this i have been experiencing some weird bugs like quite a few players are complaining that their main character doesn't spawn and things like after restart their character gets reset ect.

Might not be related to this mod but it may be.

Player not spawning is a bug and there is a big thread on it

Character getting reset is usually because they are changing from the BIS PlayerUID -> SteamID.  Check the Character_data table for that player and see if they just changed.  This mod has nothing to do with the character load process.

If the player is loading in and then goes back to the lobby after a bit fo time then, if possible, check their client RPT file.  Look for the line "mission ended".  I had this when there was an error in he server_monitor.sqf (or it couldn't find the server_monitor.sqf) but this will affect all the players, not just one or two, until it is fixed.  The files in dropbox and GitHub should be fine but something may have snuck in if you are modifying your own files rather than using those.

I'm not totally sure the majority of people complain they can't and some say they can but they don't unlock most of the time correctly.

Surely if you unlocked the safe you should be able to lock it so say a group wants to share a safe they can lock it if the owner isn't online?

Where possibly, get the owner to open the safe, get it cleaned out (nothing in the gear), pack the safe and then place the safe again.  That will put the safe down with the correct information saved to the DB.  If the reports are inconsistant then it is probably due to old safes data in the DB.  I will check tonight just to confirm though.

You can check the save code in the DB.  Ask the players what code they are using and look for a vault locked in the DB with that code in the object_data.characterID field.  That should confirm if there is a safe available with the code they are using.

Problem is that if some players report problems and others see it and then enter the incorrect code, they may also think it is a bug rather than the fact they have just entered the incorrect code.  This situation then tends to just feed on itself and get bigger even if the number of people affected (if any) is actually very small.  THere are also those who will try to take advantage and get you to change the code for other peoples safes claiming their code is now not working.

Yep.

The dayz_server.pbo is in the @dayz_epoch_server only on the server.   

Not sure what we are discussing now as I thought I answered above why the dedicated and hosted versions are different and have the server_monitor.sqf in different places and neither have it in the dayz_server.pbo file :)  ?.

Zupa has been very kindly helping iwth spotting a couple of bugs.  He has found the safe combination issue and an issue with ownershup of upgrades (which also affects downgrades).  I will amend the files and re-upload the new files tonight.

For those that just want a quick fix rather than downloading a new set of files...

Player_upgrade.sqf (upgrades were saved with the plot pole owners ID not the original objects ownerID - doesn't really make any difference but for the sake of keeping in line with the Epoch mod...).

Find

_objectCharacterID = _obj getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];

change to

_objectCharacterID = _obj getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];
   _ownerID = _obj getVariable ["ownerPUID","0"];

Do the same search and replace for player_buildingdowngrade.sqf

For the vault combination issue.

In Player_lockvault.sqf.

Find

_holder setVariable["CharacterID",_ownerID,true];

Change to

_holder setVariable["CharacterID",_characterID,true];

Do the same for player_unlockvault.sqf

Note these have not been tested by me yet but should be good.

Yep.

The dayz_server.pbo is in the @dayz_epoch_server only on the server.   

Not sure what we are discussing now as I thought I answered above why the dedicated and hosted versions are different and have the server_monitor.sqf in different places and neither have it in the dayz_server.pbo file :)  ?.

dayz_server.pbo has always contained server_monitor.sqf which is why there is no need to have two different versions of this mod. 

If they have access to mission.pbo then they have access to dayz_server.pbo as well.

KO00Ogq.png