[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

"Also did a diffmerge and the only file with any differences from 1.0.5.1 was the server_monitor.sqf which I have now brought up to date so this version is for Epoch 1.0.5.1."

Now i have two server_monitor.sqf. One in dayz _ Server /System, and one in your Mission /Custom /plotpolefolder. I'm using indestructibel cinder in system_monitor.sqf in systemfolder. Isn't this a problem? Don 't know If its caused by your script, but a Player build a door and a cinderwall and some more buildings. After some minutes he came back from his napftour, the door and the Wall dissappeard. Another player told me that he can' t tag his mate as friendly.

"Also did a diffmerge and the only file with any differences from 1.0.5.1 was the server_monitor.sqf which I have now brought up to date so this version is for Epoch 1.0.5.1."

Now i have two server_monitor.sqf. One in dayz _ Server /System, and one in your Mission /Custom /plotpolefolder. I'm using indestructibel cinder in system_monitor.sqf in systemfolder. Isn't this a problem? Don 't know If its caused by your script, but a Player build a door and a cinderwall and some more buildings. After some minutes he came back from his napftour, the door and the Wall dissappeard. Another player told me that he can' t tag his mate as friendly.

If you are using more than one mod then you will need to merge any common files.  The changes in the files for this mod are actually fairly small (change a variable her, add 1 extra line there.).  The biggest change is in the server_monitor.sqf which is adding a small block of code and then a few small little changes like the other files.  If you are running another mod that deals with buildables there is a reasonible chance of a clash as this whole mod deals with which buildables are owned by who. 

I have not seen buildables dissapear and if you are having possible conflits between tow buildable mods then this may well be the problem.  If you sort out that conflict and the buildables still disappear (or someone without another buildable mod reports the same) then let me know and I will look deeper.

Grab a copy of windiff (check the link in my sig for Tools for Admins and mod makers) and compare my server_monitor.sqf to the standard Epoch file.  Then compare the other server_monitor.sqf to the vanilla epoch file and see if any of the differences from either mod to the vanilla Epoch file conflick with each other.  If you want to go a bit more advanced, grab diffmerge and you can then choose which changes from each of the mod files to apply to the vanilla server_monitor file to create a a file that may work with both in one go.

Which map you are running makes no difference to this mod.  It should work with all.

For the tag friendly, can I get a bit more detail please.   

• Does the option to tag appear ?.
  • If the tagger selects the option to tag, does the tagee get the message that someone is wanting to tag them ?.
  • Does the tagee get the option to tag friendly ?.
  • Do they both tag friendly but the colour of their names not change to green ?.
  • Do they tag and then just get the option to tag again ?.
  • Do they tag adn then the tagee is still not able to build (if the tagger owns the nearest plot pole).

The more info the easier and quicker to troubleshoot what is going on so your help would be appreciated. 

I will try testing it out tonight but this means I need to get my son roped in to test and he is currently at the moody teenager phase :) .

I just looked at the updated instructions. No detailed instructions for those of use that run mods other than this one to follow? I have to go through and compare the files with what I already have, such as the fn_selfactions and player_build (Snapping)?

Sorry mate, limited hours in the day.

My current priorities with this mod are;

• Get the technique verified: Done.
  • Get the mod amended to use the above technique: Done.
  • Get the mod through basic testing: Done.
  • Get the mod released in a package: Done.
  • Investigate reported bugs: WIP
  • Debug, build a solution and release fix for validated bugs: WIP
  • Provide detailed install instructions: Waiting.
  • Provide utilitiy code or sql for item realignment etc: Waiting.

The reason for holding out on the instructions is because if people are happy to hack about with their sqf files then there is a good chance they can diffmerge if they need to get it in urgently although they may prefer to wait for a couple of rounds of bug fixes.

Snapbuild should have almost no impact to this (I have only used the OtterNas3 version on the previous version of A Plot For Life) as they should be pretty seperate in the parts of the code they touch in any files.  Other mods would depend on the mod.  Anything that checks buildable ownership is likely to need amending as I have introduced a new variable (object.ownerPUID) for all objects in the game loaded from the DB.  Only buildables have this value filled in at the moment (including tents, safes and possibly dogs :) ) but there is scope to add ownership to vehicles as well as (or instead of) having keys.

I will produce some detailed instructions when I get a lul in bug reports and working on fixes which I will probably include in the zip file and as a seperate download to save the first post turning in to a monstrosity (again) :) .

After doing this players don't get options to lock and unlock vehicles?

Hmm, that seems a bit strange.  I had to unlock and lok vehicles during testing and even ended up flying to a trader city to buy a safe as I had issues finding the class name for a packed safe inventory item (tried about 4 variations from the class files).  I don't run admin tools etc for injecting items in to the game.  My testing is on pure vanilla Epoch with just my mod. I therefore amend a vehicle inventory to add items and then restart the test server.

Anyway, will check it out tonight and see if something else has caused an issue.  I only changed the player_build.sqf (bug fix) and server_monitor.sqf (apply 1.0.5.1 changes - i.e. changing "and" to "&&" and "foreach" -> "count") so not sure why it would not work unless you have some change in the sqf files from vanilla epoch or you have done something different to the DB object data from standard Epoch.

Any other info on your setup will be helpful.

Hello everybody, i have a little problem.

For example: When i build a Wall, i cant upgrade the Wall. The following Message displayed InGame: Unable to build plotpole is nerby. But why? Its my pole...

When i remove the pole then i can upgrade the Wall but not build another Wall.

Anyone an idea what i make wrong in the Installation? 

Was this ever fixed as I'm having the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Rimblock, I dont see any issues with the Vehicles as stated above.  I have however found a bug removing buildables.

If I upgrade a any door to a locked door and then remove the lock to downgrade then remove item, I lose the option for remove.

If I remove the lock from the door then wait for a restart I have the option to remove the item once I Login.

Also the claim of tagging friendly is not working for me either.

The Maintain area reports 0 building parts in range.

Thanks for the work you have put in this so far!

Rimblock, I dont see any issues with the Vehicles as stated above.  I have however found a bug removing buildables.

If I upgrade a any door to a locked door and then remove the lock to downgrade then remove item, I lose the option for remove.

If I remove the lock from the door then wait for a restart I have the option to remove the item once I Login.

Also the claim of tagging friendly is not working for me either.

The Maintain area reports 0 building parts in range.

Thanks for the work you have put in this so far!

Thanks for the details info.

Open player_buildingdowngrage.sqf

Find

_objectCharacterID = dayz_characterID;

Change to

_objectCharacterID = dayz_characterID;   
   _obj setVariable["ownerPUID",ownerID,true];

GIve that a go.  I have changed the code on GitHub which I do have access to but cannot test until home.  You can check on there if you want to confirm the exact change.

That should sort out the lock downgrade.  Again, it was saving to the DB ok but the live world variable was not set.  I will repackage in to a zip when home if you would rather wait.

The tagging I need to debug and test so will have to wait until I am at home.  Suspect it will be an easy fix as I spent days sorting it out for v1 so am quite familar with it :) .

Maintain area is not included (and wasn't in v1 either) but I will look to add it in as it really should be.

Will update later.

Edited by RimBlock

Fixed the vehicle issue forgot to compare 

if(!_isMan && _characterID != "0" && !(_cursorTarget isKindOf "Bicycle")) then {
				_player_lockUnlock_crtl = true;

But now noone gets the option to unlock their safes

and made sure by comparing and that section is identical?

Any help

//Allow owner to unlock vault
	if((_typeOfCursorTarget in DZE_LockableStorage) && _ownerID != "0" && (player distance _cursorTarget < 3)) then {
		if (s_player_unlockvault < 0) then {
			if(_typeOfCursorTarget in DZE_LockedStorage) then {
				if(_characterID == dayz_combination || _ownerID == _playerUID) then {
					_combi = player addAction [format[localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_OPEN",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\vault_unlock.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
					s_player_combi set [count s_player_combi,_combi];
				} else {
					_combi = player addAction [format[localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_UNLOCK",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\vault_combination_1.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
				};
				s_player_unlockvault = 1;
			} else {
				if(_characterID != dayz_combination && _ownerID != _playerUID) then {
					_combi = player addAction [localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_RECOMBO", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\vault_combination_1.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
					s_player_unlockvault = 1;
				};
			};
		};

And also i'm assuming that server monitor is supposed to be used to change stuff in server pbo not kept in mission?

Good spot.  Yes it should be server side and not mission side.  This would need to go in the Epoch server pbo file.  I will provide the instructions and changes later today.

Fixed the vehicle issue forgot to compare 

if(!_isMan && _characterID != "0" && !(_cursorTarget isKindOf "Bicycle")) then {
				_player_lockUnlock_crtl = true;

But now noone gets the option to unlock their safes

and made sure by comparing and that section is identical?

Any help

Do the safes have the SteamID in the db worldspace field or are they newly placed ?.  If they are from an old DB then there will be no ownership info on them (i.e. the ownerID will = 0 so they will not get in to the unlock routine).

I would edit the db object TBH for this one.

Please try this on a test server first as I am writing from my head and cannot test.

sql

Update object_data
set worldspace = "[Worldspace new values]"
Where objectUID = [Safes object UID];

[Worldspace new values] = old value but with ,"SteamID" near the end.

e.g.

Old value = [60,[10,10,1]]

New value = [60,[10,10,1],"99999999999999999"]

Where 99999999999999999 = Owners SteamID.

After doing this you will need to restart to get the system to reload the DB objects.

Hi RimBlock,

Great job so far, seems like i got it all working on 1.0.5.1 without much hassle.

One thing though, i'm also using the Snap Build mod (extended v1.6. version) and both mods use the player_build.sqf so i merged them, but i think i did something wrong.

player_build.sqf

/*
	DayZ Base Building
	Made for DayZ Epoch please ask permission to use/edit/distrubute email [email protected].
*/
private ["_location","_dir","_classname","_item","_hasrequireditem","_missing","_hastoolweapon","_cancel","_reason","_started","_finished","_animState","_isMedic","_dis","_sfx","_hasbuilditem","_tmpbuilt","_onLadder","_isWater","_require","_text","_offset","_IsNearPlot","_isOk","_location1","_location2","_counter","_limit","_proceed","_num_removed","_position","_object","_canBuildOnPlot","_friendlies","_nearestPole","_ownerID","_findNearestPoles","_findNearestPole","_distance","_classnametmp","_ghost","_isPole","_needText","_lockable","_zheightchanged","_rotate","_combination_1","_combination_2","_combination_3","_combination_4","_combination","_combination_1_Display","_combinationDisplay","_zheightdirection","_abort","_isNear","_need","_needNear","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_requireplot","_objHDiff","_isLandFireDZ","_isTankTrap","_ownerPUID", "_playerUID"];

if(DZE_ActionInProgress) exitWith { cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_40") , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
DZE_ActionInProgress = true;

// disallow building if too many objects are found within 30m
if((count ((getPosATL player) nearObjects ["All",30])) >= DZE_BuildingLimit) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_41"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};

_onLadder =		(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_isWater = 		dayz_isSwimming;
_cancel = false;
_reason = "";
_canBuildOnPlot = false;

_vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);

_playerUID = getPlayerUID player;

DZE_Q = false;
DZE_Z = false;

DZE_Q_alt = false;
DZE_Z_alt = false;

DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
DZE_Z_ctrl = false;

DZE_5 = false;
DZE_4 = false;
DZE_6 = false;

DZE_cancelBuilding = false;

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

if (_isWater) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_26", "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_inVehicle) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_42"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_onLadder) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_21", "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_43"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};

_item =	_this;

// Need Near Requirements
_abort = false;
_reason = "";

_needNear = 	getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
	switch(_x) do{
		case "fire":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			_isNear = {inflamed _x} count (getPosATL player nearObjects _distance);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fire";
			};
		};
		case "workshop":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, ["Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","WorkBench_DZ"], _distance]);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "workshop";
			};
		};
		case "fueltank":
		{
			_distance = 30;
			_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, dayz_fuelsources, _distance]);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fuel tank";
			};
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

if(_abort) exitWith {
	cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_135"),_reason,_distance], "PLAIN DOWN"];
	DZE_ActionInProgress = false;
};

_classname = 	getText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "create");
_classnametmp = _classname;
_require =  getArray (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _this >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "require");
_text = 		getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "displayName");
_ghost = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "ghostpreview");

_lockable = 0;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "lockable")) then {
	_lockable = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "lockable");
};

_requireplot = DZE_requireplot;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot")) then {
	_requireplot = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot");
};

_isAllowedUnderGround = 1;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground")) then {
	_isAllowedUnderGround = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground");
};

_offset = 	getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "offset");
if((count _offset) <= 0) then {
	_offset = [0,1.5,0];
};

_isPole = (_classname == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ");
_isLandFireDZ = (_classname == "Land_Fire_DZ");

_distance = DZE_PlotPole select 0;
_needText = localize "str_epoch_player_246";

if(_isPole) then {
	_distance = DZE_PlotPole select 1;
};

// check for near plot
_findNearestPoles = nearestObjects [(vehicle player), ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"], _distance];
_findNearestPole = [];

{
	if (alive _x) then {
		_findNearestPole set [(count _findNearestPole),_x];
	};
} count _findNearestPoles;

_IsNearPlot = count (_findNearestPole);

// If item is plot pole && another one exists within 45m
if(_isPole && _IsNearPlot > 0) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_44") , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if(_IsNearPlot == 0) then {

// Allow building of plot
	if(_requireplot == 0 || _isLandFireDZ) then {
		_canBuildOnPlot = true;
	};

} else {
	// Since there are plots nearby we check for ownership && then for friend status

// check nearby plots ownership && then for friend status
	_nearestPole = _findNearestPole select 0;

// Find owner
	_ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable ["ownerPUID","0"];

diag_log format["Player_build start: [PlayerUID = %1]  [OwnerID = %2]", _playerUID, _ownerID];

// check if friendly to owner
	if(_playerUID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
		// owner can build anything within his plot except other plots
		diag_log text "Player is owner";
		if(!_isPole) then {
			_canBuildOnPlot = true;
		};
	} else {
		// disallow building plot
		if(!_isPole) then {
			_friendlies		= player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];
			if(_ownerID in _friendlies) then {
				_canBuildOnPlot = true;
			};
		};
	};
};

// _message
if(!_canBuildOnPlot) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "STR_EPOCH_PLAYER_135"),_needText,_distance] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_missing = "";
_hasrequireditem = true;
{
	_hastoolweapon = _x in weapons player;
	if(!_hastoolweapon) exitWith { _hasrequireditem = false; _missing = getText (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _x >> "displayName"); };
} count _require;

_hasbuilditem = _this in magazines player;
if (!_hasbuilditem) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "str_player_31"),_text,"build"] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if (!_hasrequireditem) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_137"),_missing] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };
if (_hasrequireditem) then {

_location = [0,0,0];
	_isOk = true;

// get inital players position
	_location1 = getPosATL player;
	_dir = getDir player;

// if ghost preview available use that instead
	if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};

_object = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_object attachTo [player,_offset];

_position = getPosATL _object;

cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_45"), "PLAIN DOWN"];

/*
		Build snapping
	*/

player allowDamage false;
		SnappingOffset = _offset;
		SnappingDir = 0;
		SnappingSpotMarkers = [];
		SnappingEnabled = false;
		SnappedOffsetZ = 0;
		SnappingResetPos = false;

if (isClass (missionConfigFile >> "SnapPoints" >> _classname)) then {
			s_building_snapping = player addAction ["<t color=""#0000ff"">Toggle Snapping</t>", "custom\snap_build\player_toggleSnapping.sqf",_classname, 3, true, false, "",""];
		};

_snapper = [_object, _classname] spawn snap_object;
		_key_monitor = [_isAllowedUnderGround] spawn player_buildControls ;

/*
		/ Build snapping
	*/

_objHDiff = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_zheightchanged = false;
		_zheightdirection = "";
		_rotate = false;

if (DZE_Q) then {
			DZE_Q = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z) then {
			DZE_Z = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Q_alt) then {
			DZE_Q_alt = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up_alt";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z_alt) then {
			DZE_Z_alt = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down_alt";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Q_ctrl) then {
			DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up_ctrl";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z_ctrl) then {
			DZE_Z_ctrl = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down_ctrl";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_4) then {
			_rotate = true;
			DZE_4 = false;
			_dir = 180;
		};
		if (DZE_6) then {
			_rotate = true;
			DZE_6 = false;
			_dir = 0;
		};

if(_rotate) then {
			_object setDir _dir;
			_object setPosATL _position;
			//diag_log format["DEBUG Rotate BUILDING POS: %1", _position];
		};

if(_zheightchanged) then {
			detach _object;

if(_zheightdirection == "up") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+0.1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 0.1;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-0.1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 0.1;
			};

if(_zheightdirection == "up_alt") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 1;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down_alt") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 1;
			};

if(_zheightdirection == "up_ctrl") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+0.01)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 0.01;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down_ctrl") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-0.01)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 0.01;
			};

_object setDir (getDir _object);

if((_isAllowedUnderGround == 0) && ((_position select 2) < 0)) then {
				_position set [2,0];
			};

//diag_log format["DEBUG Change BUILDING POS: %1", _position];

_object attachTo [player];

};

sleep 0.5;

_location2 = getPosATL player;

if(DZE_5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			detach _object;
			_dir = getDir _object;
			//diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING POS: %1", _position];
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

if(_location1 distance _location2 > 5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "You've moved to far away from where you started building (within 5 meters)";
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

/*
			Build Snapping
		*/

if(((SnappingOffset select 2) > 5) or ((SnappingOffset select 2) < -5)) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "Cannot move up or down more than 5 meters"; 
			detach _object;
		};

/*
			/ Build Snapping
		*/

if(abs(_objHDiff) > 5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "Cannot move up || down more than 5 meters";
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

if (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = (localize "str_epoch_player_43");
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

if (DZE_cancelBuilding) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "Cancelled building.";
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};
	};

//No building on roads unless toggled
	if (!DZE_BuildOnRoads) then {
		if (isOnRoad _position) then { _cancel = true; _reason = "Cannot build on a road."; };
	};

// No building in trader zones
	if(!canbuild) then { _cancel = true; _reason = "Cannot build in a city."; };

if(!_cancel) then {

_classname = _classnametmp;

// Start Build
		_tmpbuilt = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_tmpbuilt setdir _dir;

// Get position based on object
		_location = _position;

if((_isAllowedUnderGround == 0) && ((_location select 2) < 0)) then {
			_location set [2,0];
		};

_tmpbuilt setPosATL _location;

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_138"),_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

_limit = 3;

if (DZE_StaticConstructionCount > 0) then {
			_limit = DZE_StaticConstructionCount;
		}
		else {
			if (isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {
				_limit = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount");
			};
		};

_isOk = true;
		_proceed = false;
		_counter = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

[10,10] call dayz_HungerThirst;
			player playActionNow "Medic";

_dis=20;
			_sfx = "repair";
			[player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;
			[player,_dis,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

r_interrupt = false;
			r_doLoop = true;
			_started = false;
			_finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
				_animState = animationState player;
				_isMedic = ["medic",_animState] call fnc_inString;
				if (_isMedic) then {
					_started = true;
				};
				if (_started && !_isMedic) then {
					r_doLoop = false;
					_finished = true;
				};
				if (r_interrupt || (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time)) then {
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
				sleep 0.1;
			};
			r_doLoop = false;

if(!_finished) exitWith {
				_isOk = false;
				_proceed = false;
			};

if(_finished) then {
				_counter = _counter + 1;
			};

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_139"),_text, _counter,_limit], "PLAIN DOWN"];

if(_counter == _limit) exitWith {
				_isOk = false;
				_proceed = true;
			};

};

if (_proceed) then {

_num_removed = ([player,_item] call BIS_fnc_invRemove);
			if(_num_removed == 1) then {

cutText [format[localize "str_build_01",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

if (_isPole) then {
					[] spawn player_plotPreview;
				};

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["OEMPos",_location,true];

if(_lockable > 1) then {

_combinationDisplay = "";

switch (_lockable) do {

case 2: { // 2 lockbox
							_combination_1 = (floor(random 3)) + 100; // 100=red,101=green,102=blue
							_combination_2 = floor(random 10);
							_combination_3 = floor(random 10);
							_combination = format["%1%2%3",_combination_1,_combination_2,_combination_3];
							dayz_combination = _combination;
							if (_combination_1 == 100) then {
								_combination_1_Display = "Red";
							};
							if (_combination_1 == 101) then {
								_combination_1_Display = "Green";
							};
							if (_combination_1 == 102) then {
								_combination_1_Display = "Blue";
							};
							_combinationDisplay = format["%1%2%3",_combination_1_Display,_combination_2,_combination_3];
						};

case 3: { // 3 combolock
							_combination_1 = floor(random 10);
							_combinationDisplay = _combination;
						};

case 4: { // 4 safe
							_combination_4 = floor(random 10);
							_combination = format["%1%2%3%4",_combination_1,_combination_2,_combination_3,_combination_4];
						};
					};

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["CharacterID",_combination,true];
					_tmpbuilt setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [_combination,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname];
					publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Publish";

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_140"),_combinationDisplay,_text], "PLAIN DOWN", 5];

} else {
					_tmpbuilt setVariable ["CharacterID",dayz_characterID,true];

// fire?
					if(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "Land_Fire_DZ") then {
						_tmpbuilt spawn player_fireMonitor;
					} else {
						PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname];
					};
				};
			} else {
				deleteVehicle _tmpbuilt;
				cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_46") , "PLAIN DOWN"];
			};

} else {
			r_interrupt = false;
			if (vehicle player == player) then {
				[objNull, player, rSwitchMove,""] call RE;
				player playActionNow "stop";
			};

deleteVehicle _tmpbuilt;

};

} else {
		cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_47"),_text,_reason], "PLAIN DOWN"];
	};
};

Merges are marked with /* Build Snapping */

build_snapping.sqf from snab_build mod

/*
	DayZ Base Building
	Made for DayZ Epoch please ask permission to use/edit/distrubute email [email protected].
*/
private ["_location","_dir","_classname","_item","_hasrequireditem","_missing","_hastoolweapon","_cancel","_reason","_started","_finished","_animState","_isMedic","_dis","_sfx","_hasbuilditem","_tmpbuilt","_onLadder","_isWater","_require","_text","_offset","_IsNearPlot","_isOk","_location1","_location2","_counter","_limit","_proceed","_num_removed","_position","_object","_canBuildOnPlot","_friendlies","_nearestPole","_ownerID","_findNearestPoles","_findNearestPole","_distance","_classnametmp","_ghost","_isPole","_needText","_lockable","_zheightchanged","_rotate","_combination_1","_combination_2","_combination_3","_combination_4","_combination","_combination_1_Display","_combinationDisplay","_zheightdirection","_abort","_isNear","_need","_needNear","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_requireplot","_objHDiff","_isLandFireDZ","_isTankTrap"];

if(DZE_ActionInProgress) exitWith { cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_40") , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if((count ((getPosATL player) nearObjects ["All",30])) >= DZE_BuildingLimit) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_41"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};

_onLadder =		(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_cancel = false;
_reason = "";
_canBuildOnPlot = false;

DZE_Q = false;
DZE_Z = false;

DZE_Q_alt = false;
DZE_Z_alt = false;

DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
DZE_Z_ctrl = false;

DZE_5 = false;
DZE_4 = false;
DZE_6 = false;

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

if (_isWater) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_26", "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_inVehicle) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_42"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (_onLadder) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [localize "str_player_21", "PLAIN DOWN"];};
if (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_43"), "PLAIN DOWN"];};

_item =	_this;

_abort = false;
_reason = "";

_needNear = 	getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
	switch(_x) do{
		case "fire":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fire";
			};
		};
		case "workshop":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			_isNear = count (nearestObjects [player, ["Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","WorkBench_DZ"], _distance]);
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "workshop";
			};
		};
		case "fueltank":
		{
			_distance = 30;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fuel tank";
			};
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

if(_abort) exitWith {
	cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_135"),_reason,_distance], "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

_classname = 	getText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "create");
_require =  getArray (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _this >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "require");

_lockable = 0;
};

if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot")) then {
	_requireplot = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot");
};

if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground")) then {
	_isAllowedUnderGround = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground");
};

_offset = [0,1.5,0];
};

if(_isPole) then {
};

// check for near plot
_findNearestPoles = nearestObjects [(vehicle player), ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"], _distance];
_findNearestPole = [];

{
	if (alive _x) then {
	};

// If item is plot pole and another one exists within 45m
if(_isPole && _IsNearPlot > 0) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_44") , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_canBuildOnPlot = true;
	};

} else {
	// Since there are plots nearby we check for ownership && then for friend status

// check nearby plots ownership and then for friend status

// Find owner
	_ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];

// diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING: %1 = %2", dayz_characterID, _ownerID];

if(dayz_characterID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
		if(!_isPole) then {
			_canBuildOnPlot = true;
		};

} else {
		if(!_isPole) then {
				_canBuildOnPlot = true;
			};
		};
	};
};

// _message
if(!_canBuildOnPlot) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "STR_EPOCH_PLAYER_135"),_needText,_distance] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_missing = "";
_hasrequireditem = true;
{
	if(!_hastoolweapon) exitWith { _hasrequireditem = false; _missing = getText (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _x >> "displayName"); };
} count _require;

if (!_hasbuilditem) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "str_player_31"),_text,"build"] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if (!_hasrequireditem) exitWith {DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_137"),_missing] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_location = [0,0,0];
	_isOk = true;

_dir = getDir player;

/* Commented out cause GHOST preview does not work with snapping!
	if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};
	*/

_object setDir _dir;

SnappingDir = 0;
	SnappingEnabled = false;
	SnappedOffsetZ = 0;

s_building_snapping = player addAction ["<t color=""#0000ff"">Toggle Snapping</t>", "custom\snap_build\player_toggleSnapping.sqf",_classname, 3, true, false, "",""];
	};

while {_isOk} do {
		sleep 1;

if(DZE_5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			detach _object;
			_dir = getDir _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "You've moved to far away from where you started building (within 5 meters)"; 
			detach _object;
		};

if(((SnappingOffset select 2) > 5) or ((SnappingOffset select 2) < -5)) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};
	};

terminate _snapper;
	terminate _key_monitor;
	player removeAction s_building_snapping;
	player allowDamage true;

if (isOnRoad _position) then { _cancel = true; _reason = "Cannot build on a road."; };
	};

if(!_cancel) then {

_location = _position;

if((_isAllowedUnderGround == 0) and ((_location select 2) < 0)) then {
			_location set [2,0];
		};

_object setPosATL _location;

_limit = 3;

}
		else {
			if (isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {
				_limit = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount");
			};
		};

_isOk = true;
		_proceed = false;
		_counter = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_dis=20;
			_sfx = "repair";

r_interrupt = false;
			r_doLoop = true;
			_started = false;
			_finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
				if (_isMedic) then {
					_started = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
					_finished = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
				sleep 0.1;
			};
			r_doLoop = false;

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = false;
			};

if(_finished) then {
				_counter = _counter + 1;
			};

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_139"),_text, _counter,_limit], "PLAIN DOWN"];

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = true;
			};

};

if (_proceed) then {

if (_isPole) then {
				};

_object setVariable ["OEMPos",_location,true];

if(_lockable > 1) then {

switch (_lockable) do {

};
							};
							};
							_combinationDisplay = format["%1%2%3",_combination_1_Display,_combination_2,_combination_3];
						};

};

_combination = format["%1%2%3%4",_combination_1,_combination_2,_combination_3,_combination_4];
						};
					};

_object setVariable ["CharacterID",_combination,true];

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [_combination,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_140"),_combinationDisplay,_text], "PLAIN DOWN", 5];

} else {
					_object setVariable ["CharacterID",dayz_characterID,true];

// fire?
					if(_object isKindOf "Land_Fire_DZ") then {
						_object spawn player_fireMonitor;
					} else {
						PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];
					};
				};
			} else {
				deleteVehicle _object;
			};

} else {
			r_interrupt = false;
			};

deleteVehicle _object;

};

} else {
		deleteVehicle _object;
	};
};

Any chance you might be able to help me out here?

It would be really nice if you wrote a tutorial for this script. I´m a "middlenoob" in scripting, and i have to see what changes were done in files. Only copy files over others don`t teach me anything, and i can`t fix bugs on my own. Your work here is great, and it`s ok if you say that would be to much work to explain every step. But i think i "speak" for many users here, so you can think about it. Perhaps i had misunderstood something, because i`m using only schoolenglish. Keep up you great work here :)

Greetz, ed

Please don't post whole texts like that

try this maybe

/*

/*
DayZ Base Building
*/
/*
Build Snapping - Extended v1.6

Idea and first code:
Maca

Reworked by: OtterNas3

01/11/2014
Last update 02/20/2014
*/

private ["_location","_dir","_classname","_item","_hasrequireditem","_missing","_hastoolweapon","_cancel","_reason","_started","_finished","_animState","_isMedic","_dis","_sfx","_hasbuilditem","_tmpbuilt","_onLadder","_isWater","_require","_text","_offset","_IsNearPlot","_isOk","_location1","_location2","_counter","_limit","_proceed","_num_removed","_position","_object","_canBuildOnPlot","_friendlies","_nearestPole","_ownerID","_findNearestPoles","_findNearestPole","_distance","_classnametmp","_ghost","_isPole","_needText","_lockable","_zheightchanged","_rotate","_combination_1","_combination_2","_combination_3","_combination_4","_combination","_combination_1_Display","_combinationDisplay","_zheightdirection","_abort","_isNear","_need","_needNear","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_requireplot","_objHDiff","_isLandFireDZ","_isTankTrap","_ownerPUID", "_playerUID"];

_onLadder = (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_isWater = dayz_isSwimming;
_cancel = false;
_reason = "";
_canBuildOnPlot = false;

DZE_Q = false;
DZE_Z = false;

DZE_Q_alt = false;
DZE_Z_alt = false;

DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
DZE_Z_ctrl = false;

DZE_5 = false;
DZE_4 = false;
DZE_6 = false;

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

_item = _this;

_abort = false;
_reason = "";

_needNear = getArray (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "neednearby");

{
switch(_x) do{
case "fire":
{
_distance = 3;
if(_isNear == 0) then {
_abort = true;
_reason = "fire";
};
};
case "workshop":
{
_distance = 3;
if(_isNear == 0) then {
_abort = true;
_reason = "workshop";
};
};
case "fueltank":
{
_distance = 30;
if(_isNear == 0) then {
_abort = true;
_reason = "fuel tank";
};
};
};
} forEach _needNear;

if(_abort) exitWith {
};

_classname = getText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _item >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "create");
_require =  getArray (configFile >> "cfgMagazines" >> _this >> "ItemActions" >> "Build" >> "require");
_text = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "displayName");

_lockable = 0;
};

};

};

_offset = getArray (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "offset");
_offset = [0,1.5,0];
};

if(_isPole) then {
};

// check for near plot
_findNearestPole = [];

{
if (alive _x) then {
};

if(_isPole && _IsNearPlot > 0) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [(localize "str_epoch_player_44") , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_canBuildOnPlot = true;
};

} else {

// Find owner

diag_log format["Player_build start: [PlayerUID = %1]  [OwnerID = %2]", _playerUID, _ownerID];

if(_playerUID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
if(!_isPole) then {
_canBuildOnPlot = true;
};

} else {
if(!_isPole) then {
_friendlies = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];
_canBuildOnPlot = true;
};
};
};
};

// _message
if(!_canBuildOnPlot) exitWith {  DZE_ActionInProgress = false; cutText [format[(localize "STR_EPOCH_PLAYER_135"),_needText,_distance] , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

_missing = "";
_hasrequireditem = true;
{
} count _require;

_location = [0,0,0];
_isOk = true;

_dir = getDir player;

if (_ghost != "") then {
_classname = _ghost;
};
*/

_object setDir _dir;

SnappingDir = 0;
SnappingEnabled = false;
SnappedOffsetZ = 0;

s_building_snapping = player addAction ["<t color="#0000ff"">Toggle Snapping</t>", "custom\snap_build\player_toggleSnapping.sqf",_classname, 3, true, false, "","];
};

while {_isOk} do {
sleep 1;

if(DZE_5) exitWith {
_isOk = false;
detach _object;
_dir = getDir _object;
};

_isOk = false;
_cancel = true;
detach _object;
};

_isOk = false;
_cancel = true;
detach _object;
};

_isOk = false;
_cancel = true;
detach _object;
deleteVehicle _object;
};

_isOk = false;
_cancel = true;
detach _object;
deleteVehicle _object;
};
};

terminate _snapper;
terminate _key_monitor;
player allowDamage true;

};

if(!_cancel) then {

_location = _position;

_location set [2,0];
};

_limit = 3;

}
else {
};
};

_isOk = true;
_proceed = false;
_counter = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_dis=20;
_sfx = "repair";

r_interrupt = false;
r_doLoop = true;
_started = false;
_finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
if (_isMedic) then {
_started = true;
};
r_doLoop = false;
_finished = true;
};
r_doLoop = false;
};
r_doLoop = false;
};
sleep 0.1;
};
r_doLoop = false;

_isOk = false;
_proceed = false;
};

if(_finished) then {
_counter = _counter + 1;
};

_isOk = false;
_proceed = true;
};

};

if (_proceed) then {

if (_isPole) then {
};

if(_lockable > 1) then {

switch (_lockable) do {

};
};
};
};

};

};
};

_object setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [_combination,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname];

} else {
_object setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];

// fire?
} else {
PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname];
};
};
} else {
deleteVehicle _object;
};

} else {
r_interrupt = false;
};

deleteVehicle _object;

};

} else {
deleteVehicle _object;
};
};

Ok this is odd i place a new safe and when i open it via infiSTAR and access the gear it just vanishes?

I am using 1.0.5.1 and called all files in the folder?

What could i be doing wrong?

Sorry, I don't have InfinSTAR so cannot really help with that one.

I will test again and confirm I can place, unlock, lock and pack a safe though to make sure there is not an issue with the mod.

Hi RimBlock,

Great job so far, seems like i got it all working on 1.0.5.1 without much hassle.

One thing though, i'm also using the Snap Build mod (extended v1.6. version) and both mods use the player_build.sqf so i merged them, but i think i did something wrong.

player_build.sqf

/*
	DayZ Base Building
*/

_cancel = false;
_reason = "";
_canBuildOnPlot = false;

DZE_Q = false;
DZE_Z = false;

DZE_Q_alt = false;
DZE_Z_alt = false;

DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
DZE_Z_ctrl = false;

DZE_5 = false;
DZE_4 = false;
DZE_6 = false;

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

_item =	_this;

_abort = false;
_reason = "";

{
	switch(_x) do{
		case "fire":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fire";
			};
		};
		case "workshop":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "workshop";
			};
		};
		case "fueltank":
		{
			_distance = 30;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fuel tank";
			};
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

if(_abort) exitWith {
};

_lockable = 0;
};

};

};

_offset = [0,1.5,0];
};

if(_isPole) then {
};

// check for near plot
_findNearestPole = [];

{
	if (alive _x) then {
	};

_canBuildOnPlot = true;
	};

} else {

// Find owner

diag_log format["Player_build start: [PlayerUID = %1]  [OwnerID = %2]", _playerUID, _ownerID];

if(_playerUID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
		if(!_isPole) then {
			_canBuildOnPlot = true;
		};
	} else {
		if(!_isPole) then {
				_canBuildOnPlot = true;
			};
		};
	};
};

// _message

_missing = "";
_hasrequireditem = true;
{
} count _require;

_location = [0,0,0];
	_isOk = true;

_dir = getDir player;

if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};

/*
		Build snapping
	*/

SnappingDir = 0;
		SnappingEnabled = false;
		SnappedOffsetZ = 0;

};

/*
		/ Build snapping
	*/

_objHDiff = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_zheightchanged = false;
		_zheightdirection = "";
		_rotate = false;

if (DZE_Q) then {
			DZE_Q = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z) then {
			DZE_Z = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Q_alt) then {
			DZE_Q_alt = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up_alt";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z_alt) then {
			DZE_Z_alt = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down_alt";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Q_ctrl) then {
			DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
			_zheightdirection = "up_ctrl";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_Z_ctrl) then {
			DZE_Z_ctrl = false;
			_zheightdirection = "down_ctrl";
			_zheightchanged = true;
		};
		if (DZE_4) then {
			_rotate = true;
			DZE_4 = false;
			_dir = 180;
		};
		if (DZE_6) then {
			_rotate = true;
			DZE_6 = false;
			_dir = 0;
		};

if(_rotate) then {
			_object setDir _dir;
			//diag_log format["DEBUG Rotate BUILDING POS: %1", _position];
		};

if(_zheightchanged) then {
			detach _object;

if(_zheightdirection == "up") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+0.1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 0.1;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-0.1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 0.1;
			};

if(_zheightdirection == "up_alt") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 1;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down_alt") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-1)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 1;
			};

if(_zheightdirection == "up_ctrl") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)+0.01)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff + 0.01;
			};
			if(_zheightdirection == "down_ctrl") then {
				_position set [2,((_position select 2)-0.01)];
				_objHDiff = _objHDiff - 0.01;
			};

_object setDir (getDir _object);

if((_isAllowedUnderGround == 0) && ((_position select 2) < 0)) then {
				_position set [2,0];
			};

//diag_log format["DEBUG Change BUILDING POS: %1", _position];

_object attachTo [player];

};

sleep 0.5;

if(DZE_5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			detach _object;
			_dir = getDir _object;
			//diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING POS: %1", _position];
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

/*
			Build Snapping
		*/

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

/*
			/ Build Snapping
		*/

if(abs(_objHDiff) > 5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			_reason = "Cannot move up || down more than 5 meters";
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
			deleteVehicle _object;
		};
	};

};

if(!_cancel) then {

// Start Build
		_tmpbuilt = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_tmpbuilt setdir _dir;

// Get position based on object
		_location = _position;

_location set [2,0];
		};

_tmpbuilt setPosATL _location;

_limit = 3;

}
		else {
			};
		};

_isOk = true;
		_proceed = false;
		_counter = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_dis=20;
			_sfx = "repair";

r_interrupt = false;
			r_doLoop = true;
			_started = false;
			_finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
				if (_isMedic) then {
					_started = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
					_finished = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
				sleep 0.1;
			};
			r_doLoop = false;

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = false;
			};

if(_finished) then {
				_counter = _counter + 1;
			};

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = true;
			};

};

if (_proceed) then {

if (_isPole) then {
				};

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["OEMPos",_location,true];

if(_lockable > 1) then {

switch (_lockable) do {

};
							};
							};
						};

};

};
					};

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["CharacterID",_combination,true];

} else {
					_tmpbuilt setVariable ["CharacterID",dayz_characterID,true];

// fire?
					if(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "Land_Fire_DZ") then {
						_tmpbuilt spawn player_fireMonitor;
					} else {
					};
				};
			} else {
				deleteVehicle _tmpbuilt;
			};

} else {
			r_interrupt = false;
			};

deleteVehicle _tmpbuilt;

};

} else {
	};
};

Merges are marked with /* Build Snapping */

build_snapping.sqf from snab_build mod

/*
	DayZ Base Building
*/
private ["_location","_dir","_classname","_item","_hasrequireditem","_missing","_hastoolweapon","_cancel","_reason","_started","_finished","_animState","_isMedic","_dis","_sfx","_hasbuilditem","_tmpbuilt","_onLadder","_isWater","_require","_text","_offset","_IsNearPlot","_isOk","_location1","_location2","_counter","_limit","_proceed","_num_removed","_position","_object","_canBuildOnPlot","_friendlies","_nearestPole","_ownerID","_findNearestPoles","_findNearestPole","_distance","_classnametmp","_ghost","_isPole","_needText","_lockable","_zheightchanged","_rotate","_combination_1","_combination_2","_combination_3","_combination_4","_combination","_combination_1_Display","_combinationDisplay","_zheightdirection","_abort","_isNear","_need","_needNear","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_requireplot","_objHDiff","_isLandFireDZ","_isTankTrap"];

_cancel = false;
_reason = "";
_canBuildOnPlot = false;

DZE_Q = false;
DZE_Z = false;

DZE_Q_alt = false;
DZE_Z_alt = false;

DZE_Q_ctrl = false;
DZE_Z_ctrl = false;

DZE_5 = false;
DZE_4 = false;
DZE_6 = false;

call gear_ui_init;
closeDialog 1;

_item =	_this;

_abort = false;
_reason = "";

{
	switch(_x) do{
		case "fire":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fire";
			};
		};
		case "workshop":
		{
			_distance = 3;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "workshop";
			};
		};
		case "fueltank":
		{
			_distance = 30;
			if(_isNear == 0) then {
				_abort = true;
				_reason = "fuel tank";
			};
		};
	};
} forEach _needNear;

if(_abort) exitWith {
};

_lockable = 0;
};

};

};

_offset = [0,1.5,0];
};

if(_isPole) then {
};

// check for near plot
_findNearestPole = [];

{
	if (alive _x) then {
	};

// If item is plot pole and another one exists within 45m

_canBuildOnPlot = true;
	};

} else {

// check nearby plots ownership and then for friend status

// Find owner
	_ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];

// diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING: %1 = %2", dayz_characterID, _ownerID];

if(dayz_characterID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
		if(!_isPole) then {
			_canBuildOnPlot = true;
		};

} else {
		if(!_isPole) then {
				_canBuildOnPlot = true;
			};
		};
	};
};

// _message

_missing = "";
_hasrequireditem = true;
{
} count _require;

_location = [0,0,0];
	_isOk = true;

_dir = getDir player;

if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};
	*/

_object setDir _dir;

SnappingDir = 0;
	SnappingEnabled = false;
	SnappedOffsetZ = 0;

};

while {_isOk} do {
		sleep 1;

if(DZE_5) exitWith {
			_isOk = false;
			detach _object;
			_dir = getDir _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};

_isOk = false;
			_cancel = true;
			detach _object;
		};
	};

terminate _snapper;
	terminate _key_monitor;
	player allowDamage true;

};

if(!_cancel) then {

_location = _position;

if((_isAllowedUnderGround == 0) and ((_location select 2) < 0)) then {
			_location set [2,0];
		};

_limit = 3;

}
		else {
			};
		};

_isOk = true;
		_proceed = false;
		_counter = 0;

while {_isOk} do {

_dis=20;
			_sfx = "repair";

r_interrupt = false;
			r_doLoop = true;
			_started = false;
			_finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
				if (_isMedic) then {
					_started = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
					_finished = true;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
					r_doLoop = false;
				};
				sleep 0.1;
			};
			r_doLoop = false;

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = false;
			};

if(_finished) then {
				_counter = _counter + 1;
			};

_isOk = false;
				_proceed = true;
			};

};

if (_proceed) then {

if (_isPole) then {
				};

if(_lockable > 1) then {

switch (_lockable) do {

};
							};
							};
						};

};

};
					};

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [_combination,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];

} else {

// fire?
					} else {
						PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_object,[_dir,_location],_classname];
					};
				};
			} else {
				deleteVehicle _object;
			};

} else {
			r_interrupt = false;
			};

deleteVehicle _object;

};

} else {
		deleteVehicle _object;
	};
};

Any chance you might be able to help me out here?

Is this the Snapbuild by OtterNas3 ?.  Have you tested it was working before adding A Plot for Life ?.  I have seen some posts in OtterNas3s thread about it no longer working.

I also like it very much and so will be adding it to my play server along with this mod so hope he gets it resolved.  I believe he is working on it.

Otherwise, let me know what is and is not working ?.

Is this the Snapbuild by OtterNas3 ?.  Have you tested it was working before adding A Plot for Life ?.  I have seen some posts in OtterNas3s thread about it no longer working.

I also like it very much and so will be adding it to my play server along with this mod so hope he gets it resolved.  I believe he is working on it.

Otherwise, let me know what is and is not working ?.

Yeah it is that one. It was working before i installed the plot poles for life, so i should be able to make it work again. I'll try to debug some more and hopefully find a solution, will let you know if i find it.