[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Are you still planning to do a step by step write up on what files to change if you already have mods using the same files?

This is a sort o tricky one.  As I am working to get it included in the core Epoch build, there will not be any need for install instructions after that point but I also appreciate people wanting to install now :) . 

The changes required in each file are actually pretty minimal and using something like windiff or diffmerge will allow you to merge them pretty easily for the short term.  I will put up some instructions after getting the mod prepared for inclusion in to Epoch core build if the core build is not due out for a while.

Ok maybe I'm retarded but I have followed the install instructions to the letter. I keep reading about people editing the SQL DB but do not see any instruction on what needs to be updated. I have a hosted server, running the latest version of Epoch, Overwatch and Arma on my test server and I'm getting the no plot pole error when attempting to upgrade walls, cannot remove objects I just placed, cannot access vaults. When I die and come back I cannot build within the vicinity of the plot pole, I can remove the plot pole and I can have the plot markers place, but that's about it. I have read through all the posts, and noted that all the corrections suggested have already been done. I feel I must be missing some sort of SQL component. I did find an error in the init.sqf downloaded, on line 83 where it says _serverMonitor =     [] execVM "custom\APlotForLifev2.2.1\server_monitor.sqf"; it should be _serverMonitor =     [] execVM "custom\PlotForLifev2\server_monitor.sqf"; as the rest of the calls do. Not getting any errors in the logs.

What version have you downloaded (The latest is v2.2.3).

The server_monitor should be on the server and not in the mpmissions folder.  In the zip file there is a "server files" folder with instructions on where to place the custom folder for the server side items.  This set of folders have the server_monitor.sqf in it (in custom\APlotForLifev2.2.1\ ) which is why the execVM points to it rather than the "custom\PlotForLifev2" folder which is the one that is in the MPmissions subfolder.

If the server_monitor.sqf file is not being referenced correctly then it would cause the whole mod to fail as it sets the objects ownerUID when the objects are loaded from the DB.

Have a look in the server RPT file for something like "APlotForLife" as I have the debug in there to tell you where it is looking for the server_monitor.sqf file and there will be an error if it cannot find it.

What version have you downloaded (The latest is v2.2.3).

The server_monitor should be on the server and not in the mpmissions folder.  In the zip file there is a "server files" folder with instructions on where to place the custom folder for the server side items.  This set of folders have the server_monitor.sqf in it (in custom\APlotForLifev2.2.1\ ) which is why the execVM points to it rather than the "custom\PlotForLifev2" folder which is the one that is in the MPmissions subfolder.

If the server_monitor.sqf file is not being referenced correctly then it would cause the whole mod to fail as it sets the objects ownerUID when the objects are loaded from the DB.

Have a look in the server RPT file for something like "APlotForLife" as I have the debug in there to tell you where it is looking for the server_monitor.sqf file and there will be an error if it cannot find it.

Ah that makes sense, I moved that server_monitor.sqf to the missions folder and pointed the init.sqf at it, at first it didn't work (kept getting a "Nemaconz has no character ID error" in the RPT file when I tried to get into the server), but when i changed the [] execVM "custom\APlotForLifev2.2.1\server_monitor.sqf"; to [] execVM "custom\PlotForLifev2\server_monitor.sqf"; it launched just fine. So I know that it is now running that .sqf just fine, it just happens to be in the mission pbo at the moment, but you're saying if I move the server_monitor.sqf to the dayz_server.pbo where it is suppose to be it should correct my issues? (I am running the V2.2.3 btw and I am currently getting no errors in the RPT log)

Well I'll give it a go when I get home from work later today, but my question is this, what difference is it going to make if I'm running the server_monitor.sqf from the mission.pbo vs the dayz_server.pbo? I mean I know the .sqf is working the way it is now, so I would think moving it would produce no change. Also, I would not think that the server_monitor would not be responsible for the problems I stated earlier so I'm not too hopeful that'll address that situation. I'll post later after I've made the changes and let you know if it resolved anything, if it didn't it'll be back to the drawing board for me. Thanks Rim!

Hey!

i used ur zip file for a installation on a new 1.0.5.1 Server which is running on 1.63.116523 beta patch

it works like a charm and i implement vew other mods after the installation.

also works with Snap Build Pro without any errors or bugs.

there was just a little error in ur fn_selfactions.sqf

u linked to the original player_upgrade.sqf instead to ur custom one.

but by the way...

Very good work.

I love u for that  ;)

Ok I've tried fixing this from 20 different angles, but alas I have made no progress. Still get the friggin no plot pole with trying to upgrade walls, cannot access vaults, cannot deconstruct objects, the only thing I can do is enable plot pole boundries. When I die, the plot pole does not recognize me anymore. I even merged the blood bag script into the fn_selfActions.sqf to verify that it is in fact being called correctly and when I go in game, I can blood bag myself no problem. So I know the compiles.sqf is working just fine, the variables.sqf is in the init folder and is being called by the init.sqf because I can toggle the plot poles on and off, they were both edited correctly. Calling the server_monitor.sqf from the mission pbo works, but so does modifying the original server_monitor.sqf, in either case they both produce the same results. I don't understand what the problem is, there has to be something wrong with the scripts themselves, this is verified working for 1.63.125402 and 1.0.5.1? Just for the record I am using a gaming server from Vilayer, and I am using the files for the dedicated server install you have at the top of your original post, now this is not a dedicated server, but it's not rocket science to figure out how to adjust the files and calls to make it work.

What values do you have for your character in the character_data table in the DB and what values do you have for the plot pole you place and an object you cannot do anything with in the object_data table in the DB ?.

In the fn_selfactions.sqf there is a couple of debug lines I left in, possibly commented out, on lines 230 & 234 which should report the playerUID and the target objects ownerUID along with if it is modular etc.  Turn them back on (make sure you also have DZEdebug = true; in the init.sqf as well.

After doing that, login, look at an itme to be removed, try to remove or any other action with it until you get the "no plot pole nearby" message then logout.  The diag_log lines will generate a lot of data for everytime fn_selfactions fires (pretty frequently) so it is easy for stuff to get lost in the RPT if you do not just login, test, logout.

Paste up a few lines from the client RPT with that debug info.

Hey!

i used ur zip file for a installation on a new 1.0.5.1 Server which is running on 1.63.116523 beta patch

it works like a charm and i implement vew other mods after the installation.

also works with Snap Build Pro without any errors or bugs.

there was just a little error in ur fn_selfactions.sqf

u linked to the original player_upgrade.sqf instead to ur custom one.

but by the way...

Very good work.

I love u for that   ;)

Thanks for the feedback.  Glad you like it.

Do you have the latest version of the mod ?.  I will check the rar file when home but the copy of fn_selfactions.sqf on GitHub seems to have player_upgrade.sqf mapped in correctly.

What values do you have for your character in the character_data table in the DB and what values do you have for the plot pole you place and an object you cannot do anything with in the object_data table in the DB ?.

In the fn_selfactions.sqf there is a couple of debug lines I left in, possibly commented out, on lines 230 & 234 which should report the playerUID and the target objects ownerUID along with if it is modular etc.  Turn them back on (make sure you also have DZEdebug = true; in the init.sqf as well.

After doing that, login, look at an itme to be removed, try to remove or any other action with it until you get the "no plot pole nearby" message then logout.  The diag_log lines will generate a lot of data for everytime fn_selfactions fires (pretty frequently) so it is easy for stuff to get lost in the RPT if you do not just login, test, logout.

Paste up a few lines from the client RPT with that debug info.

Ok I'm not sure what values you want so here it is:

CharacterID;PlayerUID;InstanceID;Datestamp;LastLogin;Inventory;Backpack;Worldspace;Medical;Alive;Generation;LastAte;LastDrank;KillsZ;HeadshotsZ;DistanceFoot;Duration;CurrentState;KillsH;Model;KillsB;Humanity;Infected

3;76561198130587XXX;11;2014-07-14 22:56:16;2014-07-15 21:33:23;[["ItemFlashlight","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemKnife","ItemMap","ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool","M249_DZ","Binocular_Vector","UZI_SD_EP1","NVGoggles","ItemCompass","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemWatch"],["200Rnd_556x45_M249","200Rnd_556x45_M249","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","FoodSteakCooked","ItemSodaCoke","ItemPainkiller","ItemAntibiotic","ItemMorphine","ItemEpinephrine","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"]];["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]];[270,[8125.95,9105.6,0.001]];[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,[121.06,52.08]];1;3;2014-07-14 22:56:16;2014-07-14 22:56:16;0;0;167494;80;["M249_DZ","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",38,[]];0;Survivor2_DZ;0;2505;0

ObjectID;ObjectUID;Instance;Classname;Datestamp;LastUpdated;CharacterID;Worldspace;Inventory;Hitpoints;Fuel;Damage

302;81311910610344;11;Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ;2014-07-15 18:52:23;2014-07-15 18:52:23;3;[344.353,[8131.13,9106.11,0]];[];[];0.00000;0.00000

306;81245910561270;11;CinderWallHalf_DZ;2014-07-15 21:36:24;2014-07-15 21:36:24;3;[270.224,[8124.47,9105.61,0.079]];[];[];0.00000;0.00000

Line 230 and 234 had nothing worth changing, 236 had this: // diag_log text "fn_selfactions remove: [can remove modular item]"; so i removed the //

I added the DZEdebug=True; to the init.sqf

Don't think it did anything because this is what I got in the report file

21:35:39 "infiSTAR.de PVAH_WriteLog: [b 1-1-B:1 (Nemaconz) REMOTE,"Nemaconz - cinder_wall_kit"]"

21:36:38 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"

21:36:43 "get: STRING (76561198130587XXX), sent: STRING (76561198130587XXX)"

21:36:43 "DISCONNECT: Nemaconz (76561198130587XXX) Object: B 1-1-B:1 (Nemaconz) REMOTE, _characterID: 3 at loc [8125.95,9105.6,0.00140381]"

21:36:43 Client: Remote object 3:5 not found

21:36:44 Warning: Cleanup player - person 3:4 not found

when I attemp to upgrade the wall I get "unable to upgrade plot pole nearby", the is no option to remove the wall.

Thanks again for working with me on this!

The plot pole is not being saved with the SteamID and the sample buildable also has no SteamID saved.  The Plot for Life mod need the SteamID to link your character to the buildable.

Double check lines 517 -> 539 in the player_build.sqf, especially the lines

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname]; 

and

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];

Any other mods installed ?.

You know, I am running snap build and snap build uses it's own player_build.sqf just like the plot pole for life does. Snap has it's own custom compiles that calls on it's own player_build.sqf and is called after the main compiles in the init.sqf which calls the plotpoleforlife .sqf's. Snap is still working just fine on the server as of this moment. I am also running self blood bag, Treasure hunts, AI missions DZMS, refuel/repair/rearm.

The plot pole is not being saved with the SteamID and the sample buildable also has no SteamID saved.  The Plot for Life mod need the SteamID to link your character to the buildable.

Double check lines 517 -> 539 in the player_build.sqf, especially the lines

PVDZE_obj_Publish = [dayz_characterID,_tmpbuilt,[_dir,_location,_playerUID],_classname]; 

and

Any other mods installed ?.

_tmpbuilt setVariable ["CharacterID",dayz_characterID,true];

// fire?

if(_tmpbuilt isKindOf "Land_Fire_DZ") then {

_tmpbuilt spawn player_fireMonitor;

} else {

publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Publish";

That is what is in my player_build.sqf, it matches

if you hae more than one mod using the same file then you need to merge the changes that each mod makes to the vanilla version of the file and sort out any conflicts.  You cannot have two different versions of the same file as the last one referenced will overwrite the previous ones for the game world.  If the Plot for Life one is called before the snap build one then the Plot for Life one will not run.

If you are using Snap Building Pro then there is a merged player_build.sqf with the changes from that mod and A Plot for Life all in the single player_build.sqf.  If you are using a different snap build then you will have to merge the changes yourself.

That was it, there was a conflict with the two player_build.sqf's. Which means I have to merge them, or the easier way is to probably upgrade to the SNAP that you have on your original post. Thanks for your help Rim, you're the best!

Np, glad to help.

Mashed from Plot for life v1.1 and v2.1 ?.  :) .

v1.1 is still available on GitHub (as code and as a rar file) for anyone who want s it.

Although.... v2.2.3 should also work fine with the BIS playerUID as well AFAIK (although not tested).