Easy Kill feed/messages w/study & bury body function (Beta)

Halvhjearne

Im not sure i found the best way to do it, but it works and currently i do not see a better way (maybe epoch devs can shed some light on how this would be done better or perhaps integrate this?), i havent seen anything about killmessages anywhere and i guess some servers might have been waiting for something like this for a bit now, so here it is:

with this installed, you can easily setup the following types of killmessages:

sideChat //note that sideChat only shows if more than one player is on the server (not that it matters much)
globalChat
systemChat
titleText
cutText
hint
hintSilent
dynamictext

obviusly you can switch any of these on or off (in settings.sqf) and besides this, it can add a custom channel to your server with the name and/or colour you specify at the top of the settings file ...

you can also swith on/off if you want it to show killfeed from players killed by ai or simmular (alltho sappers will currently show as error: no vehicle, as there is no killer left to check).

to install this, all you need to do is put all files in a folder called "addons\messages" in your mission, edit settings as you like and add this line:
[] execVM "addons\messages\init.sqf";

to the very bottom of your init.sqf if that does not work, try at the top.

if you have A3EAI it might be a good idea to move this line:

#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

to the very bottom of your init.

(you can also edit the second line of settings.sqf to match your prefered folder structure)

Link:

https://github.com/Halvhjearne/killfeed

as requested i have now added a study body function to this.

here is a picture of how the killfeeds look:

(note that the red custom chat is now unsupported by me)

post-10011-0-98003700-1429627824_thumb.j

Edited by Halvhjearne

Thanks for the Share 

np

But Can we install this ServerSided ?

some of this is on the client, so currently no.

I don't like putting all my server stuff Client Sided so people wouldn't just unpack the pbo and take all the scripts and stuff from it :)

lol, dude ... you do realize that anyone that comes by this forum can get this now, right?

would be more work to unpack your pbo to get it then ...

With the attachments on the site functions being wonky I moved all my stuff to Github.  You might want to do the same, at least until they get the site fixed.  

github and me arent exactly pals at the moment, it does not want to do what i want it to and i guess i do not have much patience with it ...

np

some of this is on the client, so currently no.

lol, dude ... you do realize that anyone that comes by this forum can get this now, right?

would be more work to unpack your pbo to get it then ...

Thanks for your reply about PBO silly Me sorry for that xD

anyway to turn down how long the message stays up? 

wich of the messages is it you want to change?

Thanks for your reply about PBO silly Me sorry for that xD

i could understand if it was something exclusive that only you had on your server, but since it is right here on the forum (and i think most server owners swing by here at some point) i dont think you need to worry about someone "stealing" your pbo just for this.

Im not sure if Im missing something here, but im only getitng it to show text unformatted, not with colours and pics like int he preview...

Any suggestions?

im not exactly sure what you mean, but i havent heard of any problems yet ... if ai kills you it will only show in white text also it depends on what options you switched on/off in the settings, what type of killfeed you will get.

edit:

i just tested it and everything works just fine.

hello, 
I used exactly the same data that you post at pastebin and i did not get the kill feed

when i get killed the rp says

22:52:53 "[KillFeed]: Server starting EPOCH_deadPlayer_PVS loop"
22:52:53 WARNING: Function 'name' - Atom_Monky is dead
22:52:53 "[KillFeed]: PKILL: Atom_Monky was killed by PflaumenMonster with srifle_GM6_F from 5.00896m"

I don´t know why i get no kill messages ingame.

are there any BE filters ?
if you need any other information ask please.

mfg Atom_Monky

hello, 

I used exactly the same data that you post at pastebin and i did not get the kill feed

when i get killed the rp says

22:52:53 "[KillFeed]: Server starting EPOCH_deadPlayer_PVS loop"
22:52:53 WARNING: Function 'name' - Atom_Monky is dead
22:52:53 "[KillFeed]: PKILL: Atom_Monky was killed by PflaumenMonster with srifle_GM6_F from 5.00896m"

I don´t know why i get no kill messages ingame.

are there any BE filters ?

if you need any other information ask please.

mfg Atom_Monky

how did you install it, wich killfeeds did you switch on and do you use any custom antihack?