Easy Kill feed/messages w/study & bury body function (Beta)

Halvhjearne

Just got around to testing this.  I'm having trouble getting this working as well.  I have all the messaging options turned on and none of them work.  Seems like the server is blocking it somehow and it's not picking up the feed.  There's no mention of it in my server RPT.  My client RPT shows this

21:58:26 "[KillFeed]: Client loading message function"
21:58:26 "[KillFeed]: Client loading PublicVariableEventHandler"

and then that's it.  No messages.  Using Infistar AH v 145.

im not exactly sure what you mean, but i havent heard of any problems yet ... if ai kills you it will only show in white text also it depends on what options you switched on/off in the settings, what type of killfeed you will get.

edit:

i just tested it and everything works just fine.

Hey dude, I did some more testing last night and it is indeed AI that only gives you the white text. Is there any way you could make the AI kill messages the same as the player killed ones? That would be freaking awesome XD

i was having some problems with the custom chat last night so i investigated and found out epoch already defined ALL custom radio channels, meaning what i did will most likely not work if some player has a radio and sometimes it will just fuck up randomly.

i guess a sollution to that could be to just use one of these already specififyed ones, but that means no colour custimization for the custom chat, you will only be left with these choices (and im not sure if they will be global when i use these, ill find out later today i guess).

anyway these are the default channels / colours:

displayName = "Radio (Quartz)";
channelID = 0;
channelColor = {0.588000, 0.647000, 0.729000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Garnet)";
channelID = 1;
channelColor = {0.314000, 0.086000, 0.055000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Citrine)";
channelID = 2;
channelColor = {0.714000, 0.306000, 0.102000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Amethyst)";
channelID = 3;
channelColor = {0.604000, 0.396000, 0.804000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Topaz)";
channelID = 4;
channelColor = {0.718000, 0.494000, 0.184000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Sapphire)";
channelID = 5;
channelColor = {0.161000, 0.329000, 0.792000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Onyx)";
channelID = 6;
channelColor = {0.400000, 0.400000, 0.400000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Emerald)";
channelID = 7;
channelColor = {0.008000, 0.596000, 0.459000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Ruby)";
channelID = 8;
channelColor = {0.835000, 0.247000, 0.243000, 0.800000};
displayName = "Radio (Jade)";
channelID = 9;
channelColor = {0, 0.659000, 0.420000, 0.800000};

Just got around to testing this.  I'm having trouble getting this working as well.  I have all the messaging options turned on and none of them work.  Seems like the server is blocking it somehow and it's not picking up the feed.  There's no mention of it in my server RPT.  My client RPT shows this

21:58:26 "[KillFeed]: Client loading message function"
21:58:26 "[KillFeed]: Client loading PublicVariableEventHandler"

and then that's it.  No messages.  Using Infistar AH v 145.

not sure what could be wrong, i do not currently have infistar ah, try contact me in pm or come to my ts later and we can have a look at it

Hey dude, I did some more testing last night and it is indeed AI that only gives you the white text. Is there any way you could make the AI kill messages the same as the player killed ones? That would be freaking awesome XD

im not sure thats a good idea for servers with many players on, cause it will be a bit annoying, where white text is more anonymous imo ... if more wants it i will considder it, but currently i do not have plans to do so.

im not sure thats a good idea for servers with many players on, cause it will be a bit annoying, where white text is more anonymous imo ... if more wants it i will considder it, but currently i do not have plans to do so.

Thats completely fair enough.

the comment I got last night (very low population server) was that the killfeed looks spectacular, but when AI kills someone it looks like the killfeed is not finished. 

It would be a good compromise to make the Ai kill messages a bit more like the other (im talking about top left) but with less detail perhaps, just to get the feel that its the same script running if you know what I mean?

If its just me that feels that way then so be it, but I'd still like to see the AI kill messages being done a bit better. 

Thats completely fair enough.

the comment I got last night (very low population server) was that the killfeed looks spectacular, but when AI kills someone it looks like the killfeed is not finished. 

It would be a good compromise to make the Ai kill messages a bit more like the other (im talking about top left) but with less detail perhaps, just to get the feel that its the same script running if you know what I mean?

If its just me that feels that way then so be it, but I'd still like to see the AI kill messages being done a bit better. 

in halv_fnc_playerdied.sqf :

i think you can remove a line around line 56:

if(isPlayer leader(group _killer))then{

then remove this block around line 92:

}else{
		if(HALV_KillFeed_AI)then{
			//killer is not a player
			_killerType = typeOf _killer;
			if(gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> _killerType >> 'displayName') != "")then{
				_killerName = gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> _killerType >> 'displayName');
			};
			_message = format["%1 was killed by a %2 with a %3 from %4m",_victimName,_killerName,_txt,_distance];
			_hint = _message;
			_dyntxt = format["<t size='0.70'align='left'>%1</t>",_message];
			_loc_message = format["[KillFeed]: PKILL: %1 | %2",_message,_killerType];

};
	};

i think that would make it look like you wanted ...

i think you can a line around line 56:

}else{
			//killer is not a player
			if(gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> _killerType >> 'displayName') != "")then{
				_killerName = gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> _killerType >> 'displayName');
			};
			_message = format["%1 was killed by a %2 with a %3 from %4m",_victimName,_killerName,_txt,_distance];
			_hint = _message;

};
	};

Ill try that tonight and let you know, thank you kind sir

hy and sorry my english is not good ;-)

Hello
Have the following problem, everything was so made as described!
in my mission be a folder called addons / messages in this folder I have created 5 sqf with name Halv_fnc_message_players.sqf, halv_fnc_playerdied.sqf, halv_killed_loop.sqf, settings.sqf and init.sqf. in the main directory of my mission I have in the init.sqf the calling
[] ExecVM "addons \ messages \ init.sqf";
but unfortunately I do not get the same message as you've shown on the picture as, for example? what am i doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1o3r3o1xzx4u6e/107410_screenshots_2015-04-20_00002.jpg?dl=0

I have arma 3 epoch fils

Current Build: 0.3.0.2 (Build 3) for Arma 3 v1.42+

And anti Hack is http://infistar.de/

German

Hallo
Habe folgendes problem, habe alles so gemacht wie beschrieben !
in meiner mission einen ordner namens addons/messages , in diesem ordner liegen habe ich erstellt  5 sqf mit namen Halv_fnc_message_players.sqf,halv_fnc_playerdied.sqf,halv_killed_loop.sqf,settings.sqf and init.sqf. im hauptverzeichnis meiner mission habe ich in der init.sqf den aufruf
[] execVM "addons\messages\init.sqf";
aber leider bekomme ich nicht die selbe meldung wie du auf dem bild als beispiel angezeigt hast? was mache ich falsch ?
möchte gerne dies haben -

installed today, when players join they got autobanned with 'epoch autoban #0', this is what came up in log

7:27:16   if(isServer)then{
 7:27:16   [] execVM (_folder + "halv_killed_loop.sqf");
 7:27:16   diag_log "[KillFeed]: C"
 7:27:23 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 spike (ee746fb212d26d047db2966d6b3ccd33) - #22 "lSetCallSign _customChatCallsign;
 7:27:23   };
 7:27:23   
 7:27:23   if(isServer)then{
 7:27:23   [] execVM (_folder + "halv_killed_loop.sqf");
 7:27:23   diag_log "[KillFeed]: C"
 7:27:47 Player spike kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban (EpochMod.com Autoban #0)

any idea?>

Tobias Solem thanks for the answer :) where do I change this?
understand that I have to change it in the settings.sqf?

example!

//this is if you want it in another folder than the default "addons\messages\", (always keep all files in same folder)
_folder = "addons\messages\";
//========================================
HALV_KillFeedsideChat        = false;//note that sideChat only shows if more than one player is on the server (not that it matters much)
HALV_KillFeedglobalChat        = false;
HALV_KillFeedsystemChat        = false;
HALV_KillFeedcustomChat        = true;
HALV_KillFeedtitleText        = false;
HALV_KillFeedcutText        = false;
HALV_KillFeedhint            = true;
HALV_KillFeedhintSilent        = false;
HALV_KillFeeddynamictext    = true;
//this is to allow killfeed for players killed by anything that is not a player (sometimes a player is aparently not a player, so i leave this as an option for now)
HALV_KillFeed_AI            = true;
//=======================================

//adds a global custom chat channel
_addcustomChat = true;
//custom chat name use %CHANNEL_LABEL in _customChatCallsign to show this instead of player name
_customchatName = "[HalvServer]";
//colour of the custom chat, IIRC (dont hang me up on this) it is [red,green,blue,saturation]
_customChatColour = [0.96, 0.34, 0.13, 0.8];
//Custom Chat Callsign can be any of the below:
//NOTE: Showing anything else but %UNIT_NAME will hide the actual person that sends the message or is using von in the custom chat channel
//$KEY (reference to a localized text),
//%CHANNEL_LABEL, %UNIT_SIDE, %UNIT_NAME, %UNIT_RANK, %UNIT_ID, %UNIT_REF,
//%UNIT_GRP_NAME, %UNIT_GRP_LEADER, %UNIT_VEH_NAME, %UNIT_VEH_POSITION
_customChatCallsign = "%UNIT_NAME";

i think you can remove a line around line 56:

}else{
			//killer is not a player
			};
			_hint = _message;

};
	};

Hi Halvhjearne, I am testing this now and removing that block of code it looks exactly the same with only the white text.

Just thought I'd let you know

i gave up on using custom chat and i updated the files on pastebin, try the updated files and come back, also i need to know if you are using custom antihack.

I assume you have to remove the standard kill messages for these to work, or does this replace how those work completely?

if you have default arma killmessages on in your settings, then you can switch it off when you installed this, but you dont need to.

installed today, when players join they got autobanned with 'epoch autoban #0', this is what came up in log

7:27:16   if(isServer)then{
 7:27:16   [] execVM (_folder + "halv_killed_loop.sqf");
 7:27:16   diag_log "[KillFeed]: C"
 7:27:23 BattlEye Server: Script Log: #0 spike (ee746fb212d26d047db2966d6b3ccd33) - #22 "lSetCallSign _customChatCallsign;
 7:27:23   
 7:27:23   if(isServer)then{
 7:27:23   [] execVM (_folder + "halv_killed_loop.sqf");
 7:27:23   diag_log "[KillFeed]: C"
 7:27:47 Player spike kicked off by BattlEye: Admin Ban (EpochMod.com Autoban #0)

any idea?>

try the new files without custom chat

Tried it this morning without Infistar and still no messages, so they're not being blocked there.  I'll try the new files this afternoon and let you know.

make sure the init line is NOT inside any if statements, it HAS to run on both client and server.

again, try hit me up later and we can try debug with infistar if that causes any problems ... the files are a direct copy of what i use, so should be working, ill see if i forgot something, but currently i think its only custom chat i for some reason cant make it show right.

edit:

i made a minor mistake in the init file, but it should not have afected anything much ... its fixed now tho

I just got it working.  Make sure the init line goes up towards the top of your mission init.sqf.  This MUST load before any if(isDedicated) blocks or anything of the sort.  If you put it towards the middle or bottom odds are other things will load ahead of it that will prevent it from working.  

I just got it working.  Make sure the init line goes up towards the top of your mission init.sqf.  This MUST load before any if(isDedicated) blocks or anything of the sort.  If you put it towards the middle or bottom odds are other things will load ahead of it that will prevent it from working.  

personally i have it at the bottom but i guess it could go wrong with that, even tho i havent had any problems with it.

it could go anywhere tho, top or bottom dosnt matter as long as it is NOT inside some if statement ...

#include "settings.sqf";

and I had it in the messages folder, I'll try to put the path directly to that and try again.

all files goes in same folder #include loads a file from the current folder.

I assume you have to remove the standard kill messages for these to work, or does this replace how those work completely?

Just an FYI for everyone.

I had the kill feed installed and working fine for 2 restarts. I reverted back to a prior mission.pbo, as this was live testing for the rebuild im working on.

However, I turned off the deathmessages in the arma server profile before the restart.

This change turned off all kill messages and even turned off this script.

I currently have the custom chat channel but no feed whatsoever.

So to finish this off, if anyone has this installed and RPT shows its working but no feed, well get into your server profile and turn deathmessages=1

Just an FYI for everyone.

I had the kill feed installed and working fine for 2 restarts. I reverted back to a prior mission.pbo, as this was live testing for the rebuild im working on.

However, I turned off the deathmessages in the arma server profile before the restart.

This change turned off all kill messages and even turned off this script.

I currently have the custom chat channel but no feed whatsoever.

So to finish this off, if anyone has this installed and RPT shows its working but no feed, well get into your server profile and turn deathmessages=1

i removed the custom chat cause it was too much of a headache to try and secure that it would always be added correctly, sorry ... update to newest files and it will work, just not with custom chat

personally i have also turned off the default arma deathmessages and it works perfectly well without them