Easy Kill feed/messages w/study & bury body function (Beta)

Halvhjearne

On 4/7/2016 at 3:49 AM, SirCannibal said:

Any way to include players killing AI in this script??

in this script, no. However, you can add an event handler to any AI and have the event handler broadcast information about the death of the AI to players. This can include increasing crypto  as a reward, or displaying a message that the AI was killed.  take a look at any of the mission systems in the forums. blckeagls and VEMF have such event handlers which might guide you as you sort this out.

With the update to 0.3.8.0 one change in the install instructions is needed for those running the stock Antihack.

The check for allowable Killed event handlers has been moved from the server config files to the client. What we are trying is as follows:

In epoch.altis\epoch_config\Configs\CfgEpochClient.hpp

look for line 69

Killed          = "_this call EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath;";

and change it to this:

Killed          = "_this call EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath;HALV_playerDied = [_this select 0,_this select 1];publicVariable 'HALV_playerDied';";

If any of you could confirm that this works elsewhere in teh community it would be much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

With the update to 0.3.8.0 one change in the install instructions is needed for those running the stock Antihack.

The check for allowable Killed event handlers has been moved from the server config files to the client. What we are trying is as follows:

look for line 69

and change it to this:

Killed          = "_this call EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath;HALV_playerDied = [_this select 0,_this select 1];publicVariable 'HALV_playerDied';";

If any of you could confirm that this works elsewhere in teh community it would be much appreciated.

I did that exactly.

RTP log shows:

"[KillFeed]: Server loading killfeed function"

I tried with my friend: no one of us get a killmessage

15 hours ago, Tarabas said:

I did that exactly.

RTP log shows:

"[KillFeed]: Server loading killfeed function"

I tried with my friend: no one of us get a killmessage

My post referred to  how I thought one would let the antihack know that the event handller was OK. It did not work by the way.

Did you add a line to your init.sqf starting the script, such as the following ?

execVM "addons\messages\init.sqf";

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck fixing this problem as of yet? Kill feed doesn't show up, player bodies get turned into AI after death apparently, and trying to use revive on a player causes them to become an AI player. (infistar revive not the multigun)

• 3 weeks later...

+1 would be good to get this old script working again.

I have same as previous post, study body says 'unrecognizable' and when you try to bury it says, 'you can't bury ai'. Not so bothered about the kill messages as you can just turn the standard arma function on in description.ext.

• 9 months later...
On 4/10/2016 at 0:04 PM, Ghostrider-DbD- said:

look for line 69

and change it to this:

thx  Ghostrider-DbD- works fine

3F9DE8AE726B6900D1B1045F07FD0D09F0CA31DB

• 1 year later...