[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

ok.  so i have been running the script for a little bit now,

Getting this error now, i have had to switch back to the unedited Dayz_server.pbo (without DZMS) as the one with your missions doesnt work giving this error:

16:47:49 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
16:47:49 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found

I have been looking throught the scripts that point to these files in any way and i dont see any problems..
Again, the DZMS was installed properly.
(i did edit the loot spawns for the boxes)

Any suggestions?

Also i get hung on Waiting for authentication.

ok.  so i have been running the script for a little bit now,

Getting this error now, i have had to switch back to the unedited Dayz_server.pbo (without DZMS) as the one with your missions doesnt work giving this error:

16:47:49 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
16:47:49 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
16:47:50 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found

I have been looking throught the scripts that point to these files in any way and i dont see any problems..
Again, the DZMS was installed properly.
(i did edit the loot spawns for the boxes)

Any suggestions?

Also i get hung on Waiting for authentication.

That is most likely caused by a corrupt .pbo file.. As the server fucks up with even loading the Multiplayer mission. Even if you messed up installing DZMS, the server would still start, you just wouldnt have any missions. 

What program do you use for packing/unpacking your .PBO's?

Just wanted to thank you for this work Vampire. I've used it as a jumping-off point for creating a suite of customized missions on my PvE roleplaying server. So far I've built a tiered system of missions that go 'minor', 'major', 'epoch', and just created 'expert' last night, scripting the first CQB mission for it. It's going to be pretty tough and should eliminate any way of distance sniping to reach the objective. We are running Napf so I've created AI boat patrols and today I'm going to make some "take the island" missions that will also be in the 'expert' tier.

Your contributions are greatly appreciated by the Epoch scene and my players specifically.

Just wanted to thank you for this work Vampire. I've used it as a jumping-off point for creating a suite of customized missions on my PvE roleplaying server. So far I've built a tiered system of missions that go 'minor', 'major', 'epoch', and just created 'expert' last night, scripting the first CQB mission for it. It's going to be pretty tough and should eliminate any way of distance sniping to reach the objective. We are running Napf so I've created AI boat patrols and today I'm going to make some "take the island" missions that will also be in the 'expert' tier.

Your contributions are greatly appreciated by the Epoch scene and my players specifically.

I was on your PVE server a while ago, one because you are running my missions, two because I hadn't been on Napf yet. I havn't seen you on it, but I don't know your IGN. Had WickedAI paradrop on me in a city, and I couldn't sell the DMR so I bummed a M8 off Oliver. Fun times.

I also seen that you've completely customized my missions for your server. Didn't manage to get to one before other players, but looking really nice. :P

Alright I'll have to look at it.

I think I could just run the animations on the C130 without setVehicleInit, but then it wont be open for JIP's I believe.

Awesome!

I dont think the JIP would be a problem as someone would already be there clearing it if the ramp is open :P

Thats awesome man!

Would you be willing to share this? 

I will bake cookies!

I messaged you GT. I don't mind to share any of my work. I've written game mod code for years in the Unreal engine scene and released everything I ever made.You and everyone else is welcome to all the missions once Vampire decides how he wants me to post them up. My work is all very Napf specific but I wouldn't mind to create a "fill-in-the-blank" mission file that will work on any server. In fact, I'm going to do that since it won't intrude on DZMS proper. Should make it easy for anyone to make their own basic missions wherever they want.

On my server all the missions are tied together under the theme that "Legion" (a quasi-military faction) has control over Napf. All AI are Legion soldiers and as survivors it's your job to carve out a living while hiding from Legion patrols or deciding to fight back against them to steal their gear. It's made for a very fun server since the players very often team up to do missions. DZMS has made this really easy to do and make it look seamless and immersive.

Vampire I play on my server as "Kelly" (my real name). I'm sorry I missed you earlier but I instructed my regulars to assist you in any way you need. If I can help with DZMS please don't hesitate to let me know. This sort of thing is what drew me to DayZ in the first place and you are on the vangard of creating fun.

Has anyone got a good setting for the AI that make them tough.. But not BS hard where you get one shot as soon as you fire your gun.

I really enjoy the AI on my server but I want to tone them down where they dont spot you instantly and get perfect shots everytime. 

This is what im talking about:

//AI skill settings level 1 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.55
DZAI_skill1 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.125,0.15],
	["aimingShake",0.60,0.70],
	["aimingSpeed",0.60,0.70],
	["endurance",0.55,0.65],
	["spotDistance",0.50,0.60],
	["spotTime",0.50,0.60],
	["courage",0.55,0.75],
	["reloadSpeed",0.60,0.70],
	["commanding",0.55,0.65],
	["general",0.55,0.75]
];

//AI skill settings level 2 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.70
DZAI_skill2 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.15,0.20],
	["aimingShake",0.75,0.85],
	["aimingSpeed",0.70,0.80],
	["endurance",0.70,0.80],
	["spotDistance",0.65,0.75],
	["spotTime",0.65,0.75],
	["courage",0.70,0.90],
	["reloadSpeed",0.70,0.80],
	["commanding",0.70,0.90],
	["general",0.70,0.90]
];

//AI skill settings level 3 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.80
DZAI_skill3 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.20,0.25],
	["aimingShake",0.85,0.95],
	["aimingSpeed",0.80,0.90],
	["endurance",0.80,0.90],
	["spotDistance",0.75,0.85],
	["spotTime",0.75,0.85],
	["courage",0.80,1.00],
	["reloadSpeed",0.80,0.90],
	["commanding",0.80,0.90],
	["general",0.80,1.00]
];

I know this is for DZAI but I can still use the same settings on DZMS

Has anyone got a good setting for the AI that make them tough.. But not BS hard where you get one shot as soon as you fire your gun.

I really enjoy the AI on my server but I want to tone them down where they dont spot you instantly and get perfect shots everytime. 

This is what im talking about:

//AI skill settings level 1 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.55
DZAI_skill1 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.125,0.15],
	["aimingShake",0.60,0.70],
	["aimingSpeed",0.60,0.70],
	["endurance",0.55,0.65],
	["spotDistance",0.50,0.60],
	["spotTime",0.50,0.60],
	["courage",0.55,0.75],
	["reloadSpeed",0.60,0.70],
	["commanding",0.55,0.65],
	["general",0.55,0.75]
];

//AI skill settings level 2 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.70
DZAI_skill2 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.15,0.20],
	["aimingShake",0.75,0.85],
	["aimingSpeed",0.70,0.80],
	["endurance",0.70,0.80],
	["spotDistance",0.65,0.75],
	["spotTime",0.65,0.75],
	["courage",0.70,0.90],
	["reloadSpeed",0.70,0.80],
	["commanding",0.70,0.90],
	["general",0.70,0.90]
];

//AI skill settings level 3 (Skill, Minimum skill, Maximum skill). Baseline skill level: 0.80
DZAI_skill3 = [	
	["aimingAccuracy",0.20,0.25],
	["aimingShake",0.85,0.95],
	["aimingSpeed",0.80,0.90],
	["endurance",0.80,0.90],
	["spotDistance",0.75,0.85],
	["spotTime",0.75,0.85],
	["courage",0.80,1.00],
	["reloadSpeed",0.80,0.90],
	["commanding",0.80,0.90],
	["general",0.80,1.00]
];

I know this is for DZAI but I can still use the same settings on DZMS

You can use the same settings for DZMS if you copy them over.

Even though I make missions, Im probably not the right person to fine tune those myself.

The default DZMS AI isn't that hard, its up to the server owners to tweak it to fit their playerbase. My server runs really tough missions, but most of my playerbase is of a high skill level. I also think about the new people though, so I have some supply drops without AI and decently easy AI guarding some locations.

Vampire, make your DZMS independet from EMS (you dont need these boring missions).

Missions of EMS:

- Humvee has crashed, secure loot

- a Ural has crashed, secure loot

- a convoy appears, secure th loot

cmon, thats boring.

Rewrote WAI and created my own missions.

- check base (if you are near laptop, new marker appears + extra time to finish mission)

- check 2nd base (extra time to clean mission + marker for main mission appears)

- if fail to destroy a target (finish mission) - random place will be nuked

and yep, all works great

Vampire, make your DZMS independet from EMS (you dont need these boring missions).

Missions of EMS:

- Humvee has crashed, secure loot

- a Ural has crashed, secure loot

- a convoy appears, secure th loot

cmon, thats boring.

Rewrote WAI and created my own missions.

- check base (if you are near laptop, new marker appears + extra time to finish mission)

- check 2nd base (extra time to clean mission + marker for main mission appears)

- if fail to destroy a target (finish mission) - random place will be nuked

and yep, all works great

Yes i know its independet, what i mean that DZMS dont need such boring missions. You have enough coding skills, the guys behind EMS not (read history).

Im a rookie in arma 2 coding, but as i wrote before,  my own mission are working. And they look by far better then every single EMS crap (sry).

Example:

If you dont finish this mission, a area of 500m gets completly destroyed, 750m all trees, 1km all vehicles,1.25km players.

So if mission appears, its important that all players unite to finish this as fast as possible, or their bases can be blown away (random impact spot of missile) findsafepos..u know what i mean (surely with a check if some players are online, if not, mission will not start)

dsmDVjL.jpg

and yes, i know my english sucks, but i can understand all or most ;)

Yes i know its independet, what i mean that DZMS dont need such boring missions. You have enough coding skills, the guys behind EMS not (read history).

Im a rookie in arma 2 coding, but as i wrote before,  my own mission are working. And they look by far better then every single EMS crap (sry).

Example:

If you dont finish this mission, a area of 500m gets completly destroyed, 750m all trees, 1km all vehicles,1.25km players.

So if mission appears, its important that all players unite to finish this as fast as possible, or their bases can be blown away (random impact spot of missile) findsafepos..u know what i mean

Example:

So if mission appears, its important that all players unite to finish this as fast as possible, or their bases can be blown away (random impact spot of missile) findsafepos..u know what i mean (surely with a check if some players are online, if not, mission will not start)

dsmDVjL.jpg