Bec does not restart with the server

Psygomin

Question

I have an issue with BEC restarting when the server does. I have the scheduler setup i get my messages and even the warning messages for the server restarting then the server restarts. the server comes back up and BEC does not i have to manually start it again. when it all works is only when i manually start both the server and bec thru my server hosts "manager". what am i missing?

the time out value in my bec config has been changed from 60 to 120 to try to fix this but it didnt work.  i can post the code for my config.cfg, scheduler.xml and my restart.bat if need be. just dont want to paste alot of code right off.

oh and if it helps any servers hosted on DayZPriv

so do you guys have the latest version of BEC?

i realised a few days ago that the newer versions have some problems with checking the set timeout...

so you can set 60 sec in your cfg but it doesnt take the variable and quits right after start if the arma process isnt up and running then...

so you can try to set a waiting time in your start.bat before bec starts... please try this and report back...

When I join the server tells me v1.204 so im assuming that is the version I have. This morning I did wake up to a 5hr uptime so maybe it isn't working perfectly for me just yet.

[Bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2100
BePath = C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch\BattlEye
LogDir = Instance10
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml 

[Misc]
ServerExeName = epoch10.exe
ConsoleColor = 0f
Timeout = 120
KickLobbyIdlers = 500
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

thats my config.cfg and i still dont have BEC come back up after restart.....

so do you guys have the latest version of BEC?

i realised a few days ago that the newer versions have some problems with checking the set timeout...

so you can set 60 sec in your cfg but it doesnt take the variable and quits right after start if the arma process isnt up and running then...

so you can try to set a waiting time in your start.bat before bec starts... please try this and report back...

how would i do that?

No no no, trust me keep at the problem with dayz priv, i honestly dont know what they did for me to fix the problem but i can find out. It only took them a real day or so of tickets to mess with some settings and get it working

i wonder if they changed your serverRestart.bat

12:13:14 : Config Error : ConsoleHeight must be set a number, using height 55.
12:13:14 : Config Error : ConsoleWidth must be set to a number, using width 110

thats the only error in the Becerror log

and this was in the Be log

11:31:57 : Could not connect to BE Master
11:31:57 : Update attempt failed

restart happened at 12:00:00 and i still had to start bec manually

i wonder if they changed your serverRestart.bat

Here is the one i have

@echo off

echo Killing Process epoch10.exe

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

echo.

taskkill /f /im "epoch10.exe"

echo.

echo Process epoch10.exe Ended...

echo.

PING -n 6 127.0.0.1>nul

echo.

echo Restarting epoch10.exe

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

START "" "C:\Dayz Server manager\Instance10\epoch\epoch10.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz_Epoch;@Dayz_Epoch_Server10;@panthera;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn "-config=C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch\server.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch\basic.cfg" "-name=C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch" "-profiles=C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch" -port=2100

echo Restarting BEC...

PING -n 16 127.0.0.1>nul

cd "C:\Dayz Server Manager\Instance10\epoch\bec"

start epoch10_BEC.exe -f Config.cfg

well it fixed it self. my subscription for the server refreshed at midnight. my midnight restart happened and logs confermed bec restarted at 00:00:50, and then happened again at the 6am restart.  i havent changed anything in a while it just started working. maybe DayzPriv got it fixed on there end

well it fixed it self. my subscription for the server refreshed at midnight. my midnight restart happened and logs confermed bec restarted at 00:00:50, and then happened again at the 6am restart.  i havent changed anything in a while it just started working. maybe DayzPriv got it fixed on there end

Same with me, everything with BEC is working now. 

My BattlEye and BEC  seems to restart when the server restarts but it isn't consistent for all users.   When my wife logs on, she gets the normal BattEye msg in red and all the msgs in the logfile look OK.  There's no sign of BattlEye not working, including in the logs or RCon.  But when I log on, I do get the "BattlEye client initialized (v1.2080" message but get no other BattlEye messages.  And in the logfile and RCon I see "Could not connect to BE master" and "Update attempt failed".   I also just downloaded the most recent client and server DLLs and replaced the old ones on my PC.  Same msgs.  BattlEye works for her logon but not mine.   Since it is inconsistent, it probably isn't any settings on the server, I'd guess.

Anyone have any ideas?

The scheduler I set up for auto restart doesn't work at all.  But that's another problem for another post.