[Outdated] ZSC for Epoch 1.0.6.2 (And OverWatch 0.25)

1 hour ago, rockybonne said:

no thoughts on what might be causing the problems i posted on saturday?

Hello, yours got lost, my apologies.

In your.message you had this: DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = ["DZE_LockableStorage"]; // If using single currency this is an array of object classes players can store coins in.

this is not correct, this basically makes it look for a class name called "dze_lockablestorage" of which there is none

refer to this line for correct syntax: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L7

im on my phone at work inside a fuel tanker I'm welding so this is a little brief.

Hey folks.  Quick Question. I installed the basic package following the directions of @JasonTM's video, which is awesome btw.  The traders work; but when I store coins in a safe and then lock it, they are gone when I unlock it.  I can watch the coins enter the database, but if I unlock the safe and add more coins it just overwrites the entry with what ever coins I put in it.  This was done on a fresh install of overpoch, as per his videos. The only difference is I am using Napf.  I haven't fooled with this stuff in 3 years so I am a little rusty.  Thanks in advance.

Server RPT: http://pastebin.com/NnRKCCYc

Player RPT: http://pastebin.com/3vUgTZ71

1 hour ago, salival said:

Hello, yours got lost, my apologies.

In your.message you had this: DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = ["DZE_LockableStorage"]; // If using single currency this is an array of object classes players can store coins in.

this is not correct, this basically makes it look for a class name called "dze_lockablestorage" of which there is none

refer to this line for correct syntax: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L7

im on my phone at work inside a fuel tanker I'm welding so this is a little brief.

i feel like an idiot now.. thanks for the reply and all your hard work on this. i will test this out

Edit**

ok i changed the variables so that it looked like this.. 

DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = ["VaultStorageLocked","ItemLockbox"];

then i realized that i have two calls for this.. one within your variables.sqf and one inside the traderconfig.sqf inside the mission folder dayz_1.chernarus\Mods\cfg 

these are the associated lines. 

traderconfig.sqf

Spoiler

// Trader Menu
DZE_ConfigTrader = true; // Use config files for traders instead of database. Loads faster and uses less network traffic. False enables database traders with legacy trader menu.
DZE_serverLogTrades = true; // Log trades to server RPT (sent with publicVariableServer on every trade)
DZE_GemOccurance = [["ItemTopaz",10], ["ItemObsidian",8], ["ItemSapphire",6], ["ItemAmethyst",4], ["ItemEmerald",3], ["ItemCitrine",2], ["ItemRuby",1]]; //Sets how rare each gem is in the order shown when mining (whole numbers only)
DZE_GemWorthArray = [["ItemTopaz",15000], ["ItemObsidian",20000], ["ItemSapphire",25000], ["ItemAmethyst",30000], ["ItemEmerald",35000], ["ItemCitrine",40000], ["ItemRuby",45000]]; // Array of gem prices, only works with config traders. Set DZE_GemWorthArray=[]; to disable return change in gems.
DZE_SaleRequiresKey = false; // Require the player has the key for a vehicle in order to sell it. The key can be in the player's toolbelt, backpack, or the vehicle's inventory.
DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE = false; // Vehicles purchased at traders will be parachuted in
Z_VehicleDistance = 40; // Max distance a vehicle can be sold or accessed from at a trader.
Z_AllowTakingMoneyFromBackpack = true; // Allow traders to take money from backpacks when buying with default currency.
Z_AllowTakingMoneyFromVehicle = true; // Allow traders to take money from vehicles when buying with default currency.
Z_SingleCurrency = "true"; // Does your server use a single currency system?
CurrencyName = "Coins"; // If using single currency this is the currency display name.
Z_MoneyVariable = "cashMoney"; // If using single currency this is the variable name used to store player wealth.
DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = ["VaultStorageLocked","ItemLockbox"]; // If using single currency this is an array of object classes players can store coins in.

variables.sqf

Spoiler

Z_singleCurrency = true;

DZE_maintainCurrencyRate = 1000;
Z_bankVariable = "moneySpecial"; // If using single currency this is the variable name used to store object bank wealth.
Z_globalVariable = "GlobalMoney"; // If using single currency this is the variable name used to store coins globally.

DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = ["VaultStorageLocked","ItemLockbox"]; // List of classnames that players can bank with. If you want a specific class name added (i.e Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ) consult the README.md on github.
ZSC_defaultStorageMultiplier = 200; // Default magazine count for banks objects that don't have storage slots (i.e Suitcase, Info_Board_EP1, Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ)
ZSC_MaxMoneyInStorageMultiplier = 50000; // Multiplier for how much money a bank object can hold, example: 200 magazine slots in the object (or the default value above ^^) multiplied by the 50,000 multiplier is 10 million coin storage. (200*50000=10m coins)

i am of the mindset to comment out those lines in the tradersconfig.sqf and use your lines however because they use different variables such as currencyname and z_moneyvariable i am not sure if i should comment those lines out.. as you are the man in charge of this i figured i would ask your opinion.. i know having multiple variables meaning the same thing with different names will cause nothing but a headache.

I don't know what the trader config is, so stick with mine.

Also, you need both the locked and unlocked class names for storage as I had it in the variable I showed you.

A locked safe (vaultstoragelocked) when unlocked gets deleted and replaced with an unlocked safe (vaultstorage) same with lock boxes.

Please keep the variables the same as the GitHub repo unless you really know what you are doing, it will make problems like this not happen.

1 hour ago, salival said:

I would guess you didn't overwritr server_handleSafeGear.Sqf in dayz_server or your ZSC_MoneyStorageClasses is wrong.

Correct syntax is as per: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/blob/master/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L7

Thanks for the help salival. I checked both of those and they are correct. In my installation I overwrote server_handleSafeGear.sqf, and used your variables.sqf

11 minutes ago, salival said:

I don't know what the trader config is, so stick with mine.

Also, you need both the locked and unlocked class names for storage as I had it in the variable I showed you.

A locked safe (vaultstoragelocked) when unlocked gets deleted and replaced with an unlocked safe (vaultstorage) same with lock boxes.

Please keep the variables the same as the GitHub repo unless you really know what you are doing, it will make problems like this not happen.

ok so i commented out those lines in the traderconfig.sqf and only used the variables.sqf.

this is my lines from that file. 

variables.sqf

Spoiler

Z_singleCurrency = true;

DZE_maintainCurrencyRate = 1000;
Z_bankVariable = "moneySpecial"; // If using single currency this is the variable name used to store object bank wealth.
Z_globalVariable = "GlobalMoney"; // If using single currency this is the variable name used to store coins globally.

DZE_MoneyStorageClasses = DZE_LockableStorage; // List of classnames that players can bank with. If you want a specific class name added (i.e Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ) consult the README.md on github.
ZSC_defaultStorageMultiplier = 200; // Default magazine count for banks objects that don't have storage slots (i.e Suitcase, Info_Board_EP1, Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ)
ZSC_MaxMoneyInStorageMultiplier = 50000; // Multiplier for how much money a bank object can hold, example: 200 magazine slots in the object (or the default value above ^^) multiplied by the 50,000 multiplier is 10 million coin storage. (200*50000=10m coins)

coins on my person are persistent after a server restart. however when i go to access bank it shows 0/10000000 even though in object_data in my database it shows there is 3000000 in the "StorageCoins" column 

Bank are storage are seperate things. 

Storagecoins are coins accessed through a storage device like a safe and are not global, i.e. They only exist on that object. 

Bank is global and is stored in the player_data database and is global to all banking objects, be that a trader bank bot  or ATM.  I also have it set up to access the global bank through a safe as well as the local storage for that object. 

3 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

Bank are storage are seperate things. 

Storagecoins are coins accessed through a storage device like a safe and are not global, i.e. They only exist on that object. 

Bank is global and is stored in the player_data database and is global to all banking objects, be that a trader bank bot  or ATM.  I also have it set up to access the global bank through a safe as well as the local storage for that object. 

i do not have global banking. i only have the basic coin system as i don't like global. when i access the menu on the lockbox the option is access bank. that is what im refering to

10 hours ago, JasonTM said:

You might be right, I'm not sure. The infractions seem to be mostly around donator "loadouts" that were offered by the major server providers (Non of which seem to offer DayZ mod servers anymore). BI's FAQ is fairly vague and mainly seems to suggest:

"...donations are still allowed. But remember – a donation is a gift without any counter value. If your donators receive perks or rewards for donating then we no longer consider it a donation" https://www.bistudio.com/monetization/faq

I think mostly it came about from complaints by community developers like Peter Vilas getting angry at DayZ server owners for monetizing their mods without first acquiring permission. The Epoch devs were reprimanded by him for using his civilian cars mod early on without permission.

It's quite clear, a donation may not have any tangible or intangible return, i.e. a donation is like flushing money down the toilet. Otherwise, it's a payment/transaction and not a donation, which is not allowed for ArmA 2/OA

Many server works around this by implementing a points system, these points can generally not be purchased

3 minutes ago, rockybonne said:

I am removing the coins system for now because it isn't working properly on my server. maybe in the future i will try again but i won't force the players to carry all their coins on them

Well, the default install works fine for many many people, so unfortunately it's something you've done.

Can you please zip your mission and server file and send me them? I will pm you my email

On 3/21/2017 at 6:12 PM, rockybonne said:

coins on my person are persistent after a server restart. however when i go to access bank it shows 0/10000000 even though in object_data in my database it shows there is 3000000 in the "StorageCoins" column 

This was the problem that I am still having.  Basic non-global install on fresh server, following the instructions to the letter.  When I put coins in a safe, it updates in the database, but if I lock the safe and then unlock it and go back into it, the display in game shows no coins in the safe. Otherwise everything else works fine.

hey @salival thers an user who ask me for help about it  and now i have the same doubt about the locations of this files.

in your

Changing to global banking:

step 6

Copy the following files to your mission folder preserving the directory structure:

dayz_code\compiles\player_humanityMorph.sqf
dayz_code\configs\zscATMdialogs.hpp
dayz_code\scripts\zsc\images\bank.paa
dayz_code\scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf
dayz_code\scripts\zsc\playerHud.sqf
dayz_code\scripts\zsc\zscATMInit.sqf

correct me if im wrong

*we gonna find the files from above in this location right?

zscATMdialogs.hpp  from here https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/tree/master/global_banking/dayz_code/configs

playerhumanityMorph.sqf  from here: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/tree/master/global_banking/dayz_code/compile

bank.paa  from here: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/tree/master/global_banking/scripts/zsc/images

atmDialog.sqf  && playerHud.sqf  && zscATMInit.sqf  from here: https://github.com/oiad/ZSC/tree/master/global_banking/scripts/zsc

*and now we need drop it in this paths

mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\compiles\player_humanityMorph.sqf
mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\configs\zscATMdialogs.hpp
mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\scripts\zsc\images\bank.paa
mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf
mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\scripts\zsc\playerHud.sqf
mpmissions\your instance\dayz_code\scripts\zsc\zscATMInit.sqf

It should be like this. I noted this in my install video.

dayz_code\compiles\player_humanityMorph.sqf
dayz_code\configs\zscATMdialogs.hpp
scripts\zsc\images\bank.paa
scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf
scripts\zsc\playerHud.sqf
scripts\zsc\zscATMInit.sqf

The scripts folder goes on the root of the mission folder.

Note this line from the install instructions:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zsc\zscInit.sqf";

tnks jason and salvial.

@BZerK0r here you have your answer:tongue:

LOCATIONS OF FILES

8 hours ago, JasonTM said:

dayz_code\compiles\player_humanityMorph.sqf dayz_code\configs\zscATMdialogs.hpp scripts\zsc\images\bank.paa scripts\zsc\atmDialog.sqf scripts\zsc\playerHud.sqf scripts\zsc\zscATMInit.sqf

The above is how i did it and it works just fine.