oSoDirty

Question

15 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah they used to be spawned in DayZ mod similar to Epoch and could be removed/reduced.

The only way to change it would be to use Visor or Bulldozer and effectively create a new map.

How complicated is this to do? I dont mind some of it. But it just makes for a major pain for big vehicles like the Titanic especially.

Not sure but it might be possible some how.

I seem to recall there used to be a bench blocking one of the barracks at NW airfield on chernarus. Now i cant remember when it changed and i have checked the change logs but cant find it in there either but the last time i played on chernarus the bench was gone.

It could be that some how the bench was set to take 100% damage on server load so destroying it and i dont know if this would work for the trash on origins tavi or not.

Yea, figured it would carry some type of complication, I guess anyone who likes the mod probably expects the road conditions. I just want to lose the majority of the cars in the roads, i like the cars wrapped around the trees & jacked up checkpoints.  Gives it a nice post apocalyptic feel.  

go to @Dayz_Epoch_server > Addons > **open dayz_server.pbo**  > System > **open server_monitor.sqf** >  Look around line 19, & change to 0. Re-upload, re-pack

go to server location e.g MyEpochServer > MPMissions > **Go into whatever your instance is ** > **Open init.sqf** > Look around line 17, & change to 0. Save, and you should be good to go! :)

There was some piece of code in chernarus that spawned all the stuff laying on the ground and could get removed, maybe there is something like that too just the other way around, so you can delete those crashes

Unlike spawned vehicles upon server start (or after), map objects are streamed (part of the map), which means they "do not exist" until loaded by proximity. Which means, they do not hog resources really, as player walks around the world, these objects are simply streamed (or loaded) on demand from a HDD together with terrain

go to @Dayz_Epoch_server > Addons > **open dayz_server.pbo**  > System > **open server_monitor.sqf** >  Look around line 19, & change to 0. Re-upload, re-pack

go to server location e.g MyEpochServer > MPMissions > **Go into whatever your instance is ** > **Open init.sqf** > Look around line 17, & change to 0. Save, and you should be good to go! :)

Unfortunately this isnt considered dynamic debris, unlike epoch the road debris from Origins is part of the map :(