[Outdated] [release] 1.0.6 - Deploy Anything 2.8.2 - Now with Epoch building! | Customizable: DB saving | Plot | Vehicles/Buildings | Packing

mudzereli

Cool yeah. found this in the comments too. just starting up the server to make sure that worked.

Spoiler
On 2014-07-15 at 6:35 AM, calamity said:

should this go in the overwrites\click_actions\config  (not working here)

or the addons\bike\ config

you should be able to place those lines in the click actions config after the initial array. if you want them inside the array you need to use this format :

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["Binocular_Vector","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true

Got the veiw distance working perfectly. however Cannot get deployed vehicles to show the scroll option to pack... please anyone know ?

Spoiler

On 2014-07-15 at 6:35 AM, calamity said:

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["Binocular_Vector","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true

heres mine works fine

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["Binocular_Vector","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","2500 Meters","setViewDistance 2500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2500');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","1500 Meters","setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","1000 Meters","setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","750 Meters","setViewDistance 750; systemChat('ViewDistance: 750');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","500 Meters","setViewDistance 500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 500');","true"]

];

I have a issue with teleporting players to 0,0,0

triggers:

• when you pack a bike and someone jumps on it while you are packing
  • when you are deploying and get and use the option to "get in" a seat and deploying get canceled because you moved to far.

i tryed to add something like this:

{
	_x action ["Eject", car];
} forEach crew car;

but didn't work for me.

Can anyone fix this?

On 1/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, looter809 said:

@mudzereli @salival

Is there anyway to get the script to detect the plot for life owners? I use this script to deploy many things like tall metal ladders, wood benches and shelves, mansions, etc. And it is annoying to have to replace a plot pole to be able to deploy. I still want protection on the plot from outsiders, so I can not just remove the plot requirement. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

The player_deploy.sqf is needing some updating for 1.0.6 because it does not keep the owner after they die and does not let plot friends build on the plot pole.

I can not figure this out for the life of me. Line 190 (or so) of player_deploy.sqf has the part that needs the fixing. It seems that maybe the problem is CharacterID being called instead of PlayerUID? If anyone can please help me save the owner after they die and the owner's friends, I would greatly appreciate some help.

@salival It seems like it would be a simple fix but I just don't know all of the variables for Epoch very well. In player_build.sqf, I think it's 

// Allow building of plot
    if(_requireplot == 0 || _isLandFireDZ) then {
        _canBuildOnPlot = true;
    } else {
        _exitWith = (localize "STR_EPOCH_PLAYER_135");
    };

} else {
    // Since there are plots nearby we check for ownership && then for friend status

// check nearby plots ownership && then for friend status
    _nearestPole = _findNearestPole select 0;

// Find owner
    _ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];

// diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING: %1 = %2", dayz_characterID, _ownerID];
    // check if friendly to owner
    if(dayz_characterID == _ownerID) then {  //Keep ownership
        // owner can build anything within his plot except other plots
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _canBuildOnPlot = true;
        } else {
            _exitWith = "You can't build a plot within your plot!";
        };

} else {
        // disallow building plot
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _friendlies     = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]]; //TRY plotfriends  "friendlyTo"
            // check if friendly to owner
            if(_ownerID in _friendlies) then {
                _canBuildOnPlot = true;
            } else {
                _exitWith = "You can't build on someone else's plot!";
            };
        };
    };
};

Maybe the "CharacterID" is the reason why this happens. CharacterID is only a 1 use slot, meaning when you die you have a new CharacterID. If this were PlayerUID somehow (I don't know the variable), then maybe this would work after death.

Just a thought. I may be wrong here.

As you can see, I wrote "//Try plotfriends instead of friendlyTo" after friendlies, that could be the other issue. I tried implementing both of those theories but did not have good luck or did it wrong.

@looter809 

@mudzereli

https://github.com/oiad/DayZEpochDeployableBike is a link to the changes I have done to my version to get the plot checking working for 1.0.6, I also removed a lot of the bloat and fixed the issue of players getting onto the deployable before it's built (locking it is the best way)

I also changed the order of the deployables array to match the config version since that made sense.

23 hours ago, salival said:

@looter809 

@mudzereli

https://github.com/oiad/DayZEpochDeployableBike is a link to the changes I have done to my version to get the plot checking working for 1.0.6, I also removed a lot of the bloat and fixed the issue of players getting onto the deployable before it's built (locking it is the best way)

I also changed the order of the deployables array to match the config version since that made sense.

i used these files and get constant spam on screen when trying to deploy a mozzie , maybe i installed wrong ?

3 minutes ago, salival said:

If you post your client .RPT I can have a look.

my client rpt just has this line for this script File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\addons\bike\player_deploy.sqf, line 342

quick edit also   Error Undefined variable in expression: _finished
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\addons\bike\player_deploy.sqf, line 376  (think this might be the 1)

3 minutes ago, dayz noob said:

my client rpt just has this line for this script File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\addons\bike\player_deploy.sqf, line 342

quick edit also   Error Undefined variable in expression: _finished
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\addons\bike\player_deploy.sqf, line 376  (think this might be the 1)

thats my mistake, on line 342 change SK_Admins to DZE_DEPLOYABLE_ADMINS

https://github.com/oiad/DayZEpochDeployableBike/blob/master/addons/bike/player_deploy.sqf#L342

https://github.com/oiad/DayZEpochDeployableBike/commit/0d29f53b0044b3e4b292d5e4deeb5c84cacc0b2d

8 minutes ago, salival said:

thanks for that fix, but i think it is maybe error on line 376 that is stopping it from building

i stand corrected the errors have now gone after your fix
also i had to change the call lines as i had my files in the same folders as the original scripts, that might help others using it as well
great work and thank you for a very quick reply 

1 hour ago, dayz noob said:

thanks for that fix, but i think it is maybe error on line 376 that is stopping it from building

i stand corrected the errors have now gone after your fix
also i had to change the call lines as i had my files in the same folders as the original scripts, that might help others using it as well
great work and thank you for a very quick reply 

Yeah, it had one of my variables I use for admins in there that I forgot to change back. When scripts error they can break a lot of things down the track.

I also pushed a change to change the repo back to the original directory file structure just to make it easier like you said.

https://github.com/oiad/DayZEpochDeployableBike/commit/1516a6341765dbc29076489a3dda524799f7a39a

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Great script - So many options!

I made a couple name changes on one line and now we can deploy and repack static weapons anywhere!

- in addons\bike\config.sqf 

//Right click on ruby to deploy static weapon or vehicles - Not Perm - Can repack (Use your own codes or these)

["ItemRuby",[0,5,2],7,0.1,true,true,true,true,false,true,true,["M2StaticMG","KORD","DSHKM_Ins","UH1Y_DZ","MH6J_DZ","ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZE"],[],["ItemRuby"],"true"],

===========================

A few edits to this line and now we can also deploy a temporary shelter anywhere.

//Right click on toolbox to deploy a large tent  (2 poles + 1 canvas required)

["ItemToolbox",[0,6,0],5,-1,false,true,false,true,false,false,false,["CampEast","Camp_EP1"],[],["ItemCanvas","ItemPole","ItemPole"],"true"],

So simple

Thank you very much for this

I will spend hours creating recipes ... 

Hey i tryed this:

["ItemToolbox","Help Screen","script = createdialog 'hlp_dialog.hpp';","true"]

It gives me:

Resource hlp_dialog.hpp not found

I tryed to adjust the path, but nothing.

I searched alot but found no answer, maybe its not possible like that ?! Anyone have an idea?

Hey, im using click action:

//  DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS
//      This is where you register your right-click actions
//  FORMAT -- (no comma after last array entry)
//      [_classname,_text,_execute,_condition],
//  PARAMETERS
//  _classname  : the name of the class to click on
//                  (example = "ItemBloodbag")
//  _text       : the text for the option that is displayed when right clicking on the item
//                  (example = "Self Transfuse")
//  _execute    : compiled code to execute when the option is selected
//                  (example = "execVM 'my\scripts\self_transfuse.sqf';")
//  _condition  : compiled code evaluated to determine whether or not the option is displayed
//                  (example = {true})
//  EXAMPLE -- see below for some simple examples
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = [
    ["Binocular_Vector","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: Snipermode');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: Default');","true"],
    ["Binocular_Vector","750 Meters","setViewDistance 750; systemChat('ViewDistance: Low');","true"],
    ["ItemToolbox","Help Screen","script = createdialog 'hlp_dialog';","true"]

];

Thanks for your answer, but i fixed it. I named a file wrong -.-

On 12/14/2016 at 4:09 PM, jimmy565 said:

Hey guys new here and having some issues with deploy anything, my issues is i'm trying to use it to deploy a Heli pad and Garage for the virtual garage mod but the garage is not saving to the data base it will deploy and build but not stay after restart  because of this ( _donotusekey line 9 of server_publishVehicle2). i'm at a loss, been trying for 3 days to get one of the virtual garage scripts to work but its beyond my capabilities. any help or guidance would be much appreciated   

On 12/14/2016 at 4:57 PM, juandayz said:

maybe u need to use:

publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Publish";

Having the same issue here

@jimmy565, did you ever get this sorted? Please share

@juandayz, please explain what you mean by use publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Publish";.......... Where do I set it to use this