Help with DayZ overpoch{Vilayer}

Zachary

Question

Im trying to change my init directory for after they are packed..

For example.  I put BGIMG.jpg in \vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\ 

But by default files are loading from the dayz_server.pbo from a z\addons\dayz_server\ Directory in the init,  What would i need to input for it to correctly take the directory from my init from the packaged area of the dayz_server.pbo

I understand that the files are being repacked, the problem is with the directory i added in "\z\addons\dayz_server\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg"

isnt loading the loading screen, when i had the file placed in

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\

as

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\DayZLoadingScreen.jpg\

so the directory is obviously not to the correct place or something is failing somewhere.

Custom loadscreen images need to go in vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.[map]\

I already have it working in the missions folders, im trying to prevent people from having to download a extra 1500 in mission file.. 

Also, I still dont know where the Dayz_Code.pbo is being repacked from. 

Or is that a more perm. based thing?

If you use a custom loadscreen, players will need to download it via the mission file. No way around this that I know of.

Not sure what you mean about dayz_code.pbo. That resides on your pc and doesn't get repacked.

I wonder if someone might help me.

Hosting with Vilayer, working with overpoch (used their overpoch install then manually added overpoch items).

The overpoch server is working fine until we install Infinistar, then it breaks the traders.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

With Vilayer the way it works is every time you turn your server off and back on or restart the server from your control panel

Vilayers system will recompile your files inside= {vilayercodecustom} FOLDER in the file manager / FTP into PBO's

I dont know if you have to but this is what i do

go to mods in your control panel

uninstall dayZ

then install epoch

then uninstall epoch

then install overpoch ( you have to do it like this with GTXgaming servers so i thought must have to do it this way might as well do it this way )

Now after you have done this Open up your file manager or FTP better to connect with FTP client

you will see alot of files and folders find {vilayercodecustom} FOLDER this is where you all your hard work will go

Within {vilayercodecustom} FOLDER

you will have the following FOLDERS

dayz_chernarus

dayz_epoch

dayz_overpoch

missions

Ok Obvious that your using Overpoch now so {dayz_overpoch} Is your server PBO decompiled into a folder

your mission files are inside the missions FOLDER

you will have the following FOLDERS inside the missions FOLDER

dayz.chernarus

epoch.chernarus

overpoch.chernarus

Ok Obvious that your using Overpoch now so {overpoch.chernarus} Is your mission PBO decompiled into a folder

ok so now you know where to put your server files and your mission files, Vilayer recompiles the {vilayercodecustom} into pbo's when you start/restart your server NOTE: your sql database is offline when your server is offline to work on your sql your server has to be on for you to be able to connect

InfiSTAR works fine with vilayer if you follow the install guide correctly and is set to epoch=true in AHconfig

if you find you still having issues check this section of AHconfig

/* ********************************************************************************* */
/*  ALLOWED CMDMenus are only used if you have _BCM = false; which I would not recommend.  */
/*  ALLOWED CMDMenus      */ _cMenu =
[
    "","RscMainMenu","RscMoveHigh","#WATCH","#WATCH0",
    "RscWatchDir","RscDisplayClassSelecter","RscDisplayGenderSelect",
    "RscDisplaySpawnSelecter","RscWatchMoreDir","#GETIN","RscStatus",
    "RscCombatMode","RscFormations","RscTeam","RscSelectTeam","RscReply",
    "RscCallSupport","#ACTION","#CUSTOM_RADIO","RscRadio","RscGroupRootMenu",
    "BTC_Hud","PlotManagement"
];
/* ********************************************************************************* */

THIS IS WHAT IM USING IN AN OLDER VERSION IM JUST LAZY AND HAVE NOT APPLIED THE ADDONS TO THE NEW VERSION OF INFISTAR

/*  ALLOWED CMDMenus are only used if you have _BCM = false; which I would not recommend.  */
[
    "","RscMainMenu","RscMoveHigh","#WATCH","#WATCH0",'#USER:ActionMenu','#USER:ActionsMenu','#USER:VehicleMenu','#USER:FunMenu','#USER:MovementMenu','#USER:TransformAnimalMenu','#USER:DamiSpawn',
    "RscWatchDir","RscDisplayClassSelecter","RscDisplayGenderSelect","#USER:_keyMenu",
    "BTC_Hud","#USER:DZE_SNAP_PRO_COMMAND_MENU"

i hope this helps

And dayz_Code.pbo should be inside @DayZ_Epoch_Server or @DayZ_Epoch off the top of my head im not loged in lol

Looking under AHconfig this is what I see.

/*  Mod EPOCH ?           */ _MEH =  true;    /* true or false */

and this...

[
    "","RscMainMenu","RscMoveHigh","#WATCH","#WATCH0",
    "RscWatchDir","RscDisplayClassSelecter","RscDisplayGenderSelect",
    "BTC_Hud","PlotManagement"
];

Using the latest version of Infinistar works perfectly with our Epoch server, but it isn't working with Overpoch. When the tools are in, the traders don't work, weapons can not be spawned, all sorts of weirdness is going on. Take them out, and then everything works fine. :/

I want to address this here due to the number of questions we are getting. 

You can still use that same Overpoch guide with our servers.  

The only difference between our servers and a traditional server is that the server and mission pbo are compiled each time the server starts. 

The pbos are already extracted and sit in the vilayercodecustom folder

(...)

mcarey, i have a DayZ Epoch server with the map Chernarus. What i need to put in the template var, in the mission class? (see bellow).

class Missions {
    class DayZ {
    	template = epoch.chernarus;
    	difficulty = "Veteran";
    };
};
Thank you.