Hey nox, this one I promise really is from of your zombie shield :wub: .

Error in expression <eld activated with distance %1 meters!",ZombieDistance],"PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFade>
  Error position: <ZombieDistance],"PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFade>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: zombiedistance
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\admintools\tools\zombieshield.sqf, line 22

That is from the tool and an easy fix luckily. Will push that into the test branch in a minute. A bit of info on what happens with this kind of thing:

The game compiles the entire script, and then runs it. This means if you set a value inside a conditional statement like I do with the zombie shield here (zombiedistance is set inside an if statement) it will give you an undefined variable upon compilation, but not during execution. This happens even if you set it in such a way that it is never used until it has a value. The compiling of the file simply doesn't wait for anything and with the value not defined in the main scope of the script it throws an error unnecessarily. A bit annoying when you are used to normal programming.

I'm using Zupa's Single Currancy system, there is a conflict with the admin tools file -

#include "admintools\dialog.hpp"

Is there anyway to fix this so I have admin tools in game?

You can remove that line from. It allows you to use the GUI for vehicle spawning. You won't have that gui, but the tool will work.

Let them know they can contact me if they want to keep their stuff up to date. If they offer my tool I would be happier if they could keep it properly up to date so people don't have bugged problems. I have been in too many servers without admins and it really sucks so I want this to be as good as possible. I was in one last night where someone glitched me so I broke my leg, dragged me out of trader, then shot me and admins won't do anything about it. A server is only as good as the admins who run it, and their abilities obviously. Can't admin without being able to fix a problem.

Hi Nox,

I realize this is going back a bit but I've just come back from holiday. Thought i should let you know that i submitted a support ticket to the host, linking to the above post, indicating your preference regarding keeping the admin tools up to date. I got the usual thanks for letting us know response but hopefully they listened.

I've updated my server files to the latest 1.9 and found a couple of things i thought i should ask about:

After updating to 1.9 i found that i couldn't heal players at any distance, including the self heal option. Had a look at the admintools logs and can't seem to find any reference to the use of healing there or in the RPT logs.

I followed your GITHUB instructions regarding updating and didn't know that i had to change over the adminlist.sqf. After reading through the forum around the release of 1.9 i spotted that you'd altered the adminlist and that we should replace the existing SQF from older installs with the newer one. you might want to include a brief note in the upgrading section telling users that ;) might save some questions from others later on.

Anyway thanks for the update. I'm loving the base manager and zombie spawning features :D

I can confirm as well that the Tp to Me function doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to. Also I've noticed that the Heal function doesn't work anymore either. Worked fine with the previous version. I choose heal, choose the distance and then nothing happens.

Also I think the collision detection you added for the TP was unnecessary. Sure it prevents you teleporting inside houses and such but it also prevents you teleporting to almost any forest (if you're in a vehicle) or any mountain/hill that is slightly too steep. An admin is an admin - if you're teleporting around helping people, you probably have godmode activated anyway so this collision detection is literally just restricting the admins from doing their work.

Because the Tp to Me doesn't work it is especially annoying at the moment. Recently I hosted a little event in my server that required teleporting all players to a single location. This was proving to be quite impossible because I was picking everybody up on a bus and you can't teleport to almost anywhere with a bus (unless it's a completely flat surface with no trees miles away). Just an opinion tho, not an actual issue.

Fixed on the master branch now. go to that part in your init and change it to waitUntil{!isNil "adminListLoaded"};

And also this didn't really seem to do the trick for me. Sure it made the RPT errors disappear but when I add this line it doesn't load some of my scripts after that line.

Hi Nox,

I realize this is going back a bit but I've just come back from holiday. Thought i should let you know that i submitted a support ticket to the host, linking to the above post, indicating your preference regarding keeping the admin tools up to date. I got the usual thanks for letting us know response but hopefully they listened.

I've updated my server files to the latest 1.9 and found a couple of things i thought i should ask about:

After updating to 1.9 i found that i couldn't heal players at any distance, including the self heal option. Had a look at the admintools logs and can't seem to find any reference to the use of healing there or in the RPT logs.

I followed your GITHUB instructions regarding updating and didn't know that i had to change over the adminlist.sqf. After reading through the forum around the release of 1.9 i spotted that you'd altered the adminlist and that we should replace the existing SQF from older installs with the newer one. you might want to include a brief note in the upgrading section telling users that ;) might save some questions from others later on.

Anyway thanks for the update. I'm loving the base manager and zombie spawning features :D

Can you heal yourself? I believe I have placed the need for the new adminlist in a few different places. I think I missed that readme part entirely though.

I can confirm as well that the Tp to Me function doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to. Also I've noticed that the Heal function doesn't work anymore either. Worked fine with the previous version. I choose heal, choose the distance and then nothing happens.

Also I think the collision detection you added for the TP was unnecessary. Sure it prevents you teleporting inside houses and such but it also prevents you teleporting to almost any forest (if you're in a vehicle) or any mountain/hill that is slightly too steep. An admin is an admin - if you're teleporting around helping people, you probably have godmode activated anyway so this collision detection is literally just restricting the admins from doing their work.

Because the Tp to Me doesn't work it is especially annoying at the moment. Recently I hosted a little event in my server that required teleporting all players to a single location. This was proving to be quite impossible because I was picking everybody up on a bus and you can't teleport to almost anywhere with a bus (unless it's a completely flat surface with no trees miles away). Just an opinion tho, not an actual issue.

And also this didn't really seem to do the trick for me. Sure it made the RPT errors disappear but when I add this line it doesn't load some of my scripts after that line.

TPtoMe is fixed in the test branch now. I managed to have someone help with testing. You can pull it in a few hours to fix this issue(I need to add the battleye filter fixes for the new public variables). It does require updating your adminlist.sqf and init antihack line.

The normal teleport function update was requested by a few people due to teleporting half into a player's base walls causing damage to walls and other issues like this. I was not aware of the issue with the larger vehicles. I can remove it and probably will now that I hear it is causing issues like this. WHO ELSE BELIEVES THIS SHOULD GO? This was a requested feature so I want to be sure more want it gone than those who requested it. I will need to do some testing too. To my knowledge I can not fix the check for a good area to spawn. It uses a not so well written function from arma.

Can you heal yourself?

As for the wait until what did it cause issues with? I have a better solution that I didn't really use as I want to keep the install as simple as possible, but give this a try:

Place this in the call compiles section:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "admintools\AdminList.sqf";

Like this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

If you want to be fancy give it it's own loading bar portion:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 0.9;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "admintools\AdminList.sqf";

Very good info here.

TPtoMe is fixed in the test branch now. I managed to have someone help with testing. You can pull it in a few hours to fix this issue(I need to add the battleye filter fixes for the new public variables). It does require updating your adminlist.sqf and init antihack line.

The normal teleport function update was requested by a few people due to teleporting half into a player's base walls causing damage to walls and other issues like this. I was not aware of the issue with the larger vehicles. I can remove it and probably will now that I hear it is causing issues like this. WHO ELSE BELIEVES THIS SHOULD GO? This was a requested feature so I want to be sure more want it gone than those who requested it. I will need to do some testing too. To my knowledge I can not fix the check for a good area to spawn. It uses a not so well written function from arma.

Can you heal yourself?

As for the wait until what did it cause issues with? I have a better solution that I didn't really use as I want to keep the install as simple as possible, but give this a try:

Place this in the call compiles section:

Like this:

If you want to be fancy give it it's own loading bar portion:

progressLoadingScreen 0.9;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "admintools\AdminList.sqf";

Very good info here.

I just tested and yes, I can heal myself. But not others. Quick question here before I go any further with this - is this only happening to me? If that's the case I'll stop wasting your time, I just wanted to report issues to make Admin Tools better not request help for my incompetence. 

Thanks for the waitUntil fix. Will try this asap. It was causing issues with Maca's random trader script. There should've been like 10 or so random traders around the map but there wasn't. As soon as I replaced the waitUntil with the one that generated RPT errors, they showed up again.

Will soon try the TP to me from experimental branch as well.

About the collision detection - I agree, people demanded it, seemed like a great idea on paper but it's just not as practical as it seemed. But definitely don't just take my word for it. It was just an issue for me, maybe it doesn't bother others.

Hey,

I've googled the hell out of this & thought the issue had gone away but its come back since I updated....

The Temp vehicles exploding & getting CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER in my RPT.

I'm sure its just a small fix.... No im not running Infistar...

If I don't get in the vehicle I get Deleting object ATV_US_EP1 with invalid ID in my RPT.

Ta!

Hi Nox, 

I attempted your 1.9.1 testing branch add followed your upgrade path exactly.  now i'm getting the following errors on the dump.log (linux version of RPT)

6:34:28 Error in expression <ools\antihack\antihack.sqf";
};
};

};

#line 1 "z\addons\dayz_code\system\R>
 6:34:28   Error position: <};

#line 1 "z\addons\dayz_code\system\R>
 6:34:28   Error Missing {
 6:34:28 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\init.sqf, line 104
 6:34:28 Error in expression <ools\antihack\antihack.sqf";
};
};

Hi, The Set Base Center doesn't work for me. When I try to set it. it just pops the green highlight thing to the first option in the base management tab. Then when I try so set the Radius, it tells me The Center is not Set. 

I will take a look at this. It worked when I was testing out the new dll I wrote for it, but maybe something broke between then and the release. (the bases can now be saved directly to sqf and imported to the file now)

Hey,

I've googled the hell out of this & thought the issue had gone away but its come back since I updated....

The Temp vehicles exploding & getting CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER in my RPT.

I'm sure its just a small fix.... No im not running Infistar...

If I don't get in the vehicle I get Deleting object ATV_US_EP1 with invalid ID in my RPT.

Ta!

Do the pbo edits again.

Hi, The Set Base Center doesn't work for me. When I try to set it. it just pops the green highlight thing to the first option in the base management tab. Then when I try so set the Radius, it tells me The Center is not Set. 

This feature is working fine in the tool for me. Does the RPT on the server or client have an error?

hi :)

i found 2 small issues

1. the original traderdialog does not work anymore if you have clicked at "Base-Manager-Menu".

2. you can't switch the options ( vehicles, plotpoles, buildables) in delete-menu

can someone confirm? sry for my english ^^

Both confirmed issues.

1. Fixed in 1.9.1

2. This does actually work, however it doesn't display the change to false. It will be fixed in 1.9.1 to display properly.

Nox if u got the time change to work for the whole server u r the most awesome scripter ever :P I can't wait to test this nice job man

Figured out the issue and why I was having such a huge problem. I had to overwrite the epoch handler for it and then write my own in. The same goes for the weather. Epoch uses a persistent variable to manage these and I simply made them non-persistent and set the variable to propagate to all clients when called. If you want to test it pull the test branch. I have all fixes in it and this is the one that will be 1.9.1 unless someone posts up another error. Calmaity helped out by sending me messages every now and then about things he has found that may help.

Both confirmed issues.

1. Fixed in 1.9.1

2. This does actually work, however it doesn't display the change to false. It will be fixed in 1.9.1 to display properly.

great!

I have an idea for a future update. The base copy/paste is a good idea, but i need a  base-export-function for the original positions of the components.
I think a direct export as sql file would be perfect - including the id's, worldspace, inventory etc. the best way to backup a player's base and restore if needed.

I hope you can understand this ^^