Hey Nox, 

Also have a few other issues. 

1. F3 doesn't teleport me to a player, it teleports the player to me.

2. If I am in a heli and auto-hover at 200m (for instance) and choose a teleport location, it will teleport me to where I want to go but at about an inch off the ground. I have tried this multiple times, from area to area and the result is always the same. An inch off the ground. If it wasn't for god mode and god mode vehicle it would have been a disaster :)

3. The time issue is still persisting. Half my server are in daylight the other half in darkness. Not sure what the go is there.

4. Heal players doesn't seem to do anything, although I can heal myself. 

Also, is it possible to make the buildings in the admin build list persistent through restart and save them to the DB? 

Hey Nox, 

Also have a few other issues. 

1. F3 doesn't teleport me to a player, it teleports the player to me.

2. If I am in a heli and auto-hover at 200m (for instance) and choose a teleport location, it will teleport me to where I want to go but at about an inch off the ground. I have tried this multiple times, from area to area and the result is always the same. An inch off the ground. If it wasn't for god mode and god mode vehicle it would have been a disaster :)

3. The time issue is still persisting. Half my server are in daylight the other half in darkness. Not sure what the go is there.

4. Heal players doesn't seem to do anything, although I can heal myself. 

Also, is it possible to make the buildings in the admin build list persistent through restart and save them to the DB? 

Can anyone else confirm 1?

It was working before. I will need to test it. I have a few people that don't like the new teleport as much as the old so I will be changing it back after I set up the epoch buildables on ESP. People had issues with teleporting into epoch walls so I made it an uncolidable teleport.

I still need information on who is getting the desync. I can't fix it without knowing what kinds of players are getting it.

Heal is a known bug so far.

The buildings are currently only temporary. There is a permanent solution scheduled for release 1.9.2 where you can choose between temp and perm.

Can anyone else confirm 1?

It was working before. I will need to test it. I have a few people that don't like the new teleport as much as the old so I will be changing it back after I set up the epoch buildables on ESP. People had issues with teleporting into epoch walls so I made it an uncolidable teleport.

I still need information on who is getting the desync. I can't fix it without knowing what kinds of players are getting it.

Heal is a known bug so far.

The buildings are currently only temporary. There is a permanent solution scheduled for release 1.9.2 where you can choose between temp and perm.

Awesome, glad to hear about the permanent buildings. What info specifically do you need from the affected players and I'll do my best to gather it.

Awesome, glad to hear about the permanent buildings. What info specifically do you need from the affected players and I'll do my best to gather it.

Who has the wrong time? Is it a joining player, a player who joined AFTER the change, a player who was already connected, any admins affected?

Who has the wrong time? Is it a joining player, a player who joined AFTER the change, a player who was already connected, any admins affected?

Okay. I have only used the admin time change once, and it seems to have snowballed from there. Now, when my server is night time according to the server settings, I can join and it is indeed night time for me. But for some players that are already in game before I connect, it is daylight. Some join after I have connected and it's night as it should be.

I have asked players to totally disconnect from the game and reconnect, and for them it's still daylight when the server time is 11:30pm. I have my server set to local time, which is currently GMT +11. 

Also, continuing the bug report, admin flying works fine. However when using hover, you actually keep creeping up vertically. So when hovering you are constantly moving.

Okay. I have only used the admin time change once, and it seems to have snowballed from there. Now, when my server is night time according to the server settings, I can join and it is indeed night time for me. But for some players that are already in game before I connect, it is daylight. Some join after I have connected and it's night as it should be.

I have asked players to totally disconnect from the game and reconnect, and for them it's still daylight when the server time is 11:30pm. I have my server set to local time, which is currently GMT +11. 

Also, continuing the bug report, admin flying works fine. However when using hover, you actually keep creeping up vertically. So when hovering you are constantly moving.

So this issue has persisted past restart and the first use? If you restart the server right now and people connect they will have different times? If so comment out line 127 and that should fix it ( the overwrite variable) I may have to emulate the server's time keep as well as overwrite the variable if this is true.

The hovering is caused by how movement is handled. You can't just stop a player mid air. You have to set them up equal to their downward momentum. Interestingly enough this downward momentum is never the same. As it is now you will creep up or down slightly. 

I haven't used the Admin change time at all and the player was affected.

For me it was the time set in my hivext.ini and for him it was about midnight (10 hours too much^^)

How many times has this happened? If it has happened multiple times comment out line 127 of adminlist (the overwrite variable) and see if it happens again.

Hello everyone,

I created a module to lookup the database ObjectID number for vehicles and constructed objects. I have a new Overpoch server with the Single Currency addon installed. The traders are configured using static files instead of the database. So adding the new Overwatch vehicles that spawn in the world to the traders used to require a lot of manual work to identify the variant of the vehicle. Used to have to ask people to go stand by it, and compare worldspace coordinates between the player and vehicles. It would literally take 5-10 minutes of work just to identify one vehicle in the database, just so I could see it's name and add it to the trader menu. With this tool it takes all of 5 seconds.

[uPDATE 24/10/2014]

This tool now looks up the Classname of the object and display's it in addition to the database ID and display name. New file attached to post. Will update the screenshots tonight.

How does this tool work?

1. The tool is located inside the Admin menu and is added as a new menu option
  2. The player looks at the vehicle/object they want to get the database ObjectID for and selects "Point to Identify" from the Admin Menu section
  3. The script looks at whatever is in the player's crosshair and looks up it's display name, ObjectID, and it's Classname.
  4. It displays this information on screen as cutText

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the attached "identifyObject.zip" file
  2. Extract the "identifyObject.sqf" file from the ZIP
  3. Place "identifyObject.sqf" in the "tools" folder inside your Mission file's admintools folder
  4. Edit your "AdminToolsMain.sqf" and look for the "AdminMenu" section
  5. Find:
    ["Point to Delete(Perm)",[],"", -5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript1,"DatabaseRemove.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

And place the following on a new line below:

["Point to Identify",[],"", -5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript1,"identifyObject.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

6. (OPTIONAL) Repeat Step 5 for the "ModMenu" section if you want your moderators to have this ability

7oxl7sCs.jpg by8YN3Cs.jpg

identifyObject.zip

Edited by mimic

I vote for the vehicle menu. Makes sense. 

The issue is it makes sense on both parts. ESP deals with map markers for items, vehicle menu deals with vehicles in general. My main reason for even considering putting it in the vehicle menu is that it will be a rarely used item. The only point in using it is if you are trying to find a lost vehicle where you don't know the general location.

I need another opinion from everyone:

I have added an action menu to the tool for players (this is optional so don't worry, if you don't want it just turn it off). The menu allows the users to contact an admin for help, this puts them in a help queue that the admin can then view and teleport or remove players from the help queue. This will help with some serious chat spam annoyances many admins face.

The opinion I need here is should I upgrade this further or leave it as it is?

I had an idea to create a dll file that will allow players to give a 300 word description of their issue and save it to a text file on the server (incase an admin is not online). Any online admin can open the help queue gui and select a player name to see the ticket information and choose to teleport, delete, or send a message. This isn't necessary, but I feel it could be useful for some people. The real question I am having is if anyone would find this upgrade useful.

The issue is it makes sense on both parts. ESP deals with map markers for items, vehicle menu deals with vehicles in general. My main reason for even considering putting it in the vehicle menu is that it will be a rarely used item. The only point in using it is if you are trying to find a lost vehicle where you don't know the general location.

Just put the option in both locations then.

I need another opinion from everyone:

I have added an action menu to the tool for players (this is optional so don't worry, if you don't want it just turn it off). The menu allows the users to contact an admin for help, this puts them in a help queue that the admin can then view and teleport or remove players from the help queue. This will help with some serious chat spam annoyances many admins face.

The opinion I need here is should I upgrade this further or leave it as it is?

I had an idea to create a dll file that will allow players to give a 300 word description of their issue and save it to a text file on the server (incase an admin is not online). Any online admin can open the help queue gui and select a player name to see the ticket information and choose to teleport, delete, or send a message. This isn't necessary, but I feel it could be useful for some people. The real question I am having is if anyone would find this upgrade useful.

Love this idea.

Instead of creating a custom dll that saves requests to a text file I suggest this:

• Script checks to see if any admins are on the server
  • If any admins are on the server:
    1. A request for help can be made and a notification is broadcast to all admins
    2. Player picks a problem type when requesting help
    3. Requests are placed in queue with problem type shown
    4. Once an admin responds to a request, it's removed from the request list so no other admins respond to it, or at least show that another admin is working on it already
  • If no admins are on the server:
    1. Direct the player to alternate support channels

• Teamspeak / Voice chat

• Website / Forum