Custom buildings limit?

blackwiddow

Question

Hi guys, a simple question really, but I can't seem to find anything conclusive related to my question online...

When putting custom buildings into the server.pbo is there a limit on how much you can add?

The reason I am asking is when I put all my custom areas in some of the buildings in certain .sqf's (not all) ignore z axis and build to the terrain rather than upright, yet when I test each individual .sqf on their own the buildings in each .sqf build perfectly upright (as they should - I have "this setvectorup [0,0,1]" set for all the relevant buildings).

I have 14 individual .sqf files. They total 1431.95KB. My single largest .sqf file is 377KB.

I am quite lost on this one. For more information I use call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers as my call function for each area.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this.

Ian - blackwiddow - Ixxo

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the fast reply wokkel. What I mean is I don't have them all in one single .sqf but rather when I enable all the .sqf's together it seems to bug out. It's so strange because each .sqf on their own works fine. When I dropped them all in my server for the 1.0.4 update and enabled them I noticed some areas were not using proper alignments. But those areas that started freaking out work on their own when not enabled with any other building .sqf files.

so...

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\balota.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\excelsiusbridge.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\labx7.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\misc.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\neaf.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\nwaf.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\nwafcompound.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\otmel.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\prison.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalistycastle.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\traincrash.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\uh1ycrash.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\zastava.sqf";
        call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\zelenogorsk.sqf";

freaks out. But each on their own does not...

I am currently in the process of enabling one .sqf at a time and so far it all seems good.

I have a server with Vilayer.

Oh forgot to add, in the my buildings sqf file I format it like this

diag_log format["----- Started loading whatever base -----"];

if (isServer) then {

MISSION CODE HERE

};
    diag_log format["----- Finished loading whatever base -----"];

I use diag_log to make sure it loads ok in the log files, if I don't see "Finished loading whatever base" I know something went wround with that and not something else I changed on the server