[Help] Private Server Kicking players or Session Lost

Zedmag

Ok guys, this is racking my brain. Ill set a few things first
This is not my first rodeo. 
I have privately hosted servers long before Epoch. 
Then i got bored.
Currently im hosting an Epoch with Overwatch server (Overpoch)
Here is my current Server launch bat: (working)
"
start arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayZ_Epoch_Server"
"
Here is my client launch params in steam: (working)
"
-window -nosplash -mod=C:\@ArmaMODS\@DayzOverwatch;C:\@ArmaMODS\@Dayz_Epoch1051
"
You will notice in the Server and Client params that i am not referencing the Arma 2 directory OR the Expansion directory. The Addons (from Arma2) folder is copied into the Arma OA directory on both the Server and the Client. 
The Server and Client are on 2 diff machines.
This current configuration works perfectly with NO issues. Lets get that straight. 
Now with this said, Ive had friends join with out issues using this same client method.
What ive noticed is people trying to join thru out the day and getting kick almost immediately OR sitting in debug (used spectate to watch).
Yes, verify sigs are enabled. 
This got me wondering why? Had another friend try joining and they used DayzLauncher. He would log in, then get sent to debug right after the lobby. 
if he switched back to my method, joins right in with no issues. 
Ok, so i tried joining with DayzLauncher, same thing, i get stuck in debug. 
Ok this got me thinking how DZL is loading, its referencing the Arma 2 directory and the Expansion folder such as:
"
"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion"
"
ok, so maybe thats my problem on my server. so I attempt to use this param on the server:
"
start arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayZ_Epoch_Server"
"
And this one on the Client thru steam:
"
-window -nosplash -mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;C:\@ArmaMODS\@DayzOverwatch;C:\@ArmaMODS\@Dayz_Epoch1051
"
no dice, Session Lost. 
Ok, Lets try DZL, nope, same thing, Session Lost. 
Ok, lets try DZL and connect to someone else's Overpoch server, 
SAME THING. Ask my buddy to try, Same result. 
Reinstall EVERYTHING fresh.
SAME THING. only a hand full of servers are able to be joined with DZL, and I tried almost EVERY Overpoch server i could find in DZL.
Now, back to my method, I am able to join EVERY overpoch server i can find in the Server browser with out issue. 
So im asking all the server owners and gamers to fill me in on the secrete here?
People say the whole copy the Addons folder no longer works, but it seems to be the ONLY method that works for me in any configuration. Clients shouldn't have to do anything special to connect to my server, so how are all the Servers on DZL getting people to connect with out issues?
Any help would be appreciated, though ive probably tried it. If you comment, ill respond with results.

• 3 weeks later...

since the arma 2 "corepatch" update, connecting with a batch line doesnt seem to work the way it used to. since you are using steam, its a bit different, i use a windows bat file to connect to all servers. So im not sure how this will apply, but it might help. This fix did fix the "session lost" issue.

First you will need to revert the arma2 update, by going in steam, Right click on arma 2 OA, click on the betas tab, in the dropdown select LEGEACY.

Doing that will allow you to launch arma like we've been doing for years. (imo the recent update messed up alot)

As for your mods, its not hard once if you understand what the client and server is calling for. so for example:

server launch

"-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1051;@DayZ_Epoch_Server"

in the root of your server, you have these folders. The NAME of the folder @DayZ_Epoch1051, must match exactly the same as in your server launch line.

The same goes for your client. The folder must be named EXACTLY as in your ...SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder.

So its possible that you might have @day_epoch, or @Dayzepoch, or @abcd.  As long as the launch line calls the proper mod it will work.