Karmafied

Adjusting Player Damage

Hi everyone!  I have a very small private server that my family plays on. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to modify the damage that players receive from AI?  In a perfect world, I could set it in a way that would allow the 'dead' player to not actually die, but have a 5-minute countdown, and maybe even be unconscious, allowing the rest of the family to try and revive them.  Is this possible? If so, what file should I be looking for? Thanks to all who can provide feedback!

There is an in built revive system as I am sure you are aware, but it is limited to once per life. I am not a server owner so can't help with identifying the config that needs to be adjusted if it is even available.

But to look at the problem another way may be you could adjust the strength and skill of the AI so that they are not so deadly. Thus giving your players more chance to survive.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JakeQue
      Usually it would state 

"You cannot gut this animal without a knife"

but now the scroll  action is dead and I don't get an error.

Please help!
    • By xDUKEx
      * Sorry ... This should be ARMA 2 not ARMA 3 ... Not sure how I got myself into the wrong forum*
      I'm currently on Epoch 1.0.6.2 and I've been banging my head against the wall when it comes to getting my intro.ogg file to play when a  player connects to the server. 
      I've been using some of my old server scripts to try to build a new one, and I've been online searching for a current script ... but they all seem pretty old and I wonder if they are still working.  Everyone I have tried does nothing.  I've tried adding it to a welcome message/credits script and to a camera intro script but nothing happens.  Actually, I can't even seem to get my stock Server Rules .sqf to stop running.  It's getting really frustrating. 
      Then I found the server_playerLogin.sqf and I wondered if maybe I needed to script the code in here?
      If anyone knows of a current playsound / welcome credits / camera intro script, in any combination of the three or you know where I should be placing the script, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
    • By DirtySanchez
      Hey everybody,
      Here is another goodie from me to YOU!
      Real Health System v0.3
      This was started because a couple of community members at EpochMod.Com/Forums got together and took a basic idea and ran with it.
      Their initial work on Hunger and Thirst gave me the inspiration to make it even more involved and more realistic.
      From there I took it that next step and started looking at the other debug values that Epoch gives us and wham, ideas started pouring out!
      I still have many ideas left to add and tweak but this is a good start for the entire community to use in the meantime.
      So, all variables involved here kinda work with each other as well as work with the current health system in place made by Epoch.
      hunger
      thirst
      wet
      temp
      soiled
      toxicity
      immunity
      bloodpressure
      stamina
      damage
      rain
      That's the current list of all variables that come into play.
      Any modifications to this script must be shared back to me(to add to the current script) for the rest of the community to enjoy.
      Please consider donating to Donkey Punch to keep not only the scripts coming but this community alive!
      https://github.com/donkeypunchepoch/DP-Real-Health-System
      Whats in it so far
      too wet, lower temperaturetoo soiled, increase toxicitytoo toxic, lower immunitytoo low of immunity, raise temp - tox lower staminabloddpressure too high, lower stamina, raise temp, increase damage headwound too great, raise temp, lower immunity, raise tox, erase stamina, increase damage Update, just got to understanding bleeding will add it into at least one current and any future ideas that require it.
    • By natoed
      from here
      Greeting to All,
      Whist I love the killfeed, its lacking as epoch has grown. Wanting to add killed/eaten by zombie to the killfeed.
      First of just adding ryan's zombie then added sm zombz and epoch's zombies.
      I've tried a couple of time but failing hard.
      I just can not get my head around all the nested if and else statements, most likely have inserted code in the wrong spot again.
      so here's what I've got so far from line 143 (notepad ++).
      File in question - halv_fnc_playerdied.sqf
      Any and all help would be great, thanks

cheers
      natoed

• By Schalldampfer
      https://github.com/andgregor/dayZ-AI-Bus-Route
      While testing this old script in Epoch 1.0.6.1, I got an issue:
      When I ride on the bus which an AI is driving, the bus start driving well.
      But after running about some ten or hundred meters away,
      the bus suddenly stop and damage me as if there's an invisible barrier in front of me, 
      and it starts bouncing like a football there.

I want any idea to make the script works well.
      ---
      I have changed a part of init_bus.sqf from
      to
      to make it work in 1061, and player_axebus.qf to
      to make it work for any player skin.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord