Can't join any server

erysiu

Hi, this is my first post on these forums, as well as the first time that I have tried to play the Epoch mod.

Whenever I try to join a server (I am using the 0.3 build)  I get an error message saying that "...files are not signed by an accepted key on this server". Does this mean that I need some kind of alpha key to play, I mean it doesn't say anywhere on the main page for the epoch mod, and I'm also having trouble finding help on the internet as well.

Anyhow, all help is appreciated as this mod looks great, and I would love to help out in it's current alpha state.

You have to pay attention to versions, especially right now since it's in heavy development. 0.2.0.1 is the current "stable" release, only the official servers are running the 0.3 (or 0.3.1).

All it does when you install the patch is downloads a folder. I'd suggest keeping a backup of that folder after you download it in case of corruption or if you need to revert to previous patch. You can have two different patch folders, just have to specify to Arma which one you wish to load.

0.2.5.2 is the current version most servers are running, try a launcher like A3 launcher it downloads the file required and launches the the correct parameters.

Does it put the mod folder in your Arma folder? Someone said it just puts it your downloads folder, probably just didn't have it configured. Dunno, I never use launchers, they usually more of a headache, maybe I'll try this new one though. Just don't really feel the need for them myself, except maybe when servers aren't popping up in Multiplayer search.

Does it put the mod folder in your Arma folder? Someone said it just puts it your downloads folder, probably just didn't have it configured. Dunno, I never use launchers, they usually more of a headache, maybe I'll try this new one though. Just don't really feel the need for them myself, except maybe when servers aren't popping up in Multiplayer search.

It puts them in your Arma folder but wants to use its particular naming convention for the versions. In addition, I found yesterday that it was adding two files that aren't included in the official client or server files. I had numerous people tell me they couldn't join my server, so I tried the A3Launcher on my home machine. Sure enough, I couldn't join my own server with the mod version it downloaded. When I removed the offending files, instant join. Or even using the version downloaded from this site, I have not problem. But using the A3Launcher files without removing those two files...no go. I don't know where it pulls the files to download from (and btw, the download is excruciatingly slow), but its quite annoying that as a server owner I don't have access to the files and/or keys for the files its putting on the machines of those that use it. Great way to limit what servers get played on though....

It puts them in your Arma folder but wants to use its particular naming convention for the versions. In addition, I found yesterday that it was adding two files that aren't included in the official client or server files. I had numerous people tell me they couldn't join my server, so I tried the A3Launcher on my home machine. Sure enough, I couldn't join my own server with the mod version it downloaded. When I removed the offending files, instant join. Or even using the version downloaded from this site, I have not problem. But using the A3Launcher files without removing those two files...no go. I don't know where it pulls the files to download from (and btw, the download is excruciatingly slow), but its quite annoying that as a server owner I don't have access to the files and/or keys for the files its putting on the machines of those that use it. Great way to limit what servers get played on though....

A3Launcher is built by Maca, no?  Might be something that's required to play on his servers?  Or maybe it's files required for Overpoch?  Don't know, I've tried his launchers but always had issues, mostly with the naming scheme that you've mentioned.  His launcher used to change the directory name of the current version and it would cause compatibility issues with other things.  I've always resorted to changing the name of the directory if it was the backup or older version.  For instance, download 0.3.0.1 and left it named @Epoch, change 0.3 to @Epoch-0.3, simple as that.  I've always kept the previous version, I think that started with the version nightmare when Gamespy shut down.  Ever since then I've dropped launchers and have done everything manually lol.