VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

Well we've used the default mission on several servers and crate location is always at the first letter of the town name on the map. Shift and left click on the first letter on the map to set a waypoint and we find the crate every time. Not sure why it's not there for you unless the mission has been modified.

I think he was expecting something to show up when he put his mouse cursor over the first letter of the city.

From what i can read of nearly all of your comments, you guys are way more in to all this server stuff than i am.... :-)
Vampire....i tryede to follow your video and putede the files up to oure server ( the 3 files ) but it dosent seem to work ....do i have to put the rest of the folder somehere diffrent or ???

The idea of the random mission encounters looks so cool.

As i started saying...im totaly new to all of this servermodding stuff. so any help would be apriciated...

Sincerly DaCoon

So to clearify: There wont be any Update till epoch 0.3 is out?

What a shame :( This is the only real mission-system currently on the market, A3EAI is cool, but its not a real "mission", SEM ist for derps... the AI is so dump, the missions are so easy... you could also shoot chickens, no real thread.

VEMF is not overblowen, slim, easy to install... but it crashes my server from time to time with "Join to another group" rpt-spams, then there are "disappearing AI", that wont let missions be completed... when the completion chance is at 80%.

PLEASE make a hotfix or something, i dont think that 0.3 will waste your complete framework... ive seen you already did a lot of work on the next version, please pop it out :)

Script Restriction 20? i thought you said no BE filters!? i reinstalled my server and only loaded this and im getting #20 and i need some help if i dont need the filters.

if (!isnil("VEMFRunning")) exitWith { "
01.03.2015 04:01:57: RayJohn Dickens (91.36.21.132:2304) ac1d2afa4da5bef6b5ae4bda0610ec97 - #20 "f (!isServer) exitWith {

};

[] ExecVM "\VEMF\Scripts\VAllowDamage.sqf";

sleep 60;

T

Script Restriction 20? i thought you said no BE filters!? i reinstalled my server and only loaded this and im getting #20 and i need some help if i dont need the filters.

01.03.2015 04:01:57: RayJohn Dickens (91.36.21.132:2304) ac1d2afa4da5bef6b5ae4bda0610ec97 - #20 "f (!isServer) exitWith {

};

[] ExecVM "\VEMF\Scripts\VAllowDamage.sqf";

sleep 60;

DUDE!

Read his install guide!

ExecVM "\VEMF\Scripts\VAllowDamage.sqf"; should not be running client side.

1. Download the Github Zip folder and open it with your unPacker of choice. You can find the newest release here:

2. Extract it to your Desktop or somewhere where you won't lose it. Inside the Zip is this Readme.MD, and the folders "Binaries", "Changelogs", "Mission Files", and "VEMF".

3. Open the "Mission Files" folder where you will see "init.sqf" and "initServer.sqf". You need to put these two files in your Mission.PBO (or Folder) alongside your description.ext file. If you already have an "init.sqf" there, you will need to open my version and copy the contents to your existing file.

4. Open the "Binaries" folder where you will find "VEMF.PBO". You need to navigate to the "@EpochHive\Addons" folder on your server and copy "VEMF.PBO" into it.

5. (Options) You can edit "VEMFConfig.sqf" to your liking. It is located in the "VEMF.PBO". You can also instead put a copy of "VEMFConfig.sqf" in your Mission.PBO for easier edits. The server checks the Mission.PBO for the Config before checking the server side. The Mission.PBO version takes precedence.

One of my absolute favorite things to do in Epoch are the Dynamic Town Invasions. The loot might be meh, but damn, the fun factor is out of control. Patiently awaiting the next update. Take all the time you need. I personally would rather get things done right, than to rush something out to appease the masses, just to need a bunch of hot fixes.

Thank you! Thank you!

Read his install guide!

It is truly amazing what you can learn by reading. I hate to sound like a douche, but seriously. I am a new server owner, have been running my own server and installing these scripts for about three and a half months, so I know what I am saying when I say it is easy if you follow the basic instructions. You can't cut corners, you can't come into the mix on page #40, and not read through everything that has been said until then.

Read read read, and make sure you fully understand before installing. And if reading isn't your thing "don't be a server admin for one!" TheVampire created a video of the install!!

Vampire -

First of all, NICE WORK! Now, on to the real reason for the post. Lately my missions have been running smoothly, then dissappearing for days. No reason or clue as to why, but my players are starting to notice that they've gone and voice how they miss them terribly. I haven't seen anything in the logs to give a clue as to why they stop, but here and there they do, and they hang up for quite a while. Sometimes a couple manual restarts will jog them back online again, but can't put my finger on why the messages and ai stop

So i fixed everything. I have not sen any mission go off at all. Is there a certain thing i can look for on the .rpt?

After server has completed loading you should see a nice string like below 

12:01:49 "Epoch: Server Start Complete: 40.861 seconds"
12:01:49 "Loaded Server FSM"
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Starting Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: isServer:true / isDedicated:true / isMultiplayer:true
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Looking for the Config. Ignore the associated File Not Found error.
12:02:19 Warning Message: Script VEMFConfig.sqf not found
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Loading Configuration File.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Configuration File Loaded!
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Currently Running Version: 1.0.0c-PreAlpha
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Server is Running Map: altis
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Loading ExecVM Functions.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Loading Compiled Functions.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: All Functions Loaded.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Mission Timer Started.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: Loading Any Addons.
12:02:19 [VEMF]: AI Watchdog Running.

Just do a search for [VEMF]. If you're not seeing that then its not even calling. 

• Richie unlocked this topic