[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Have a look in fn_selfActions.Sqf and find where you are putting a value in playerUID. Search for "playerUID =".

I suspect something is wrong with the way the playerUID is being got.

If the playerUID is being populated by calling another function (should be the case) then check that other function too. It should be in the compiles.sqf file.

i did what you said went ahead made sure those lines are the same as your files, as fas as comparing goes its exact same.

fn_selfactions.sqf

//starts at line 158
} count _itemsPlayer;

_hasKnife =  "ItemKnife" in _itemsPlayer;
_hasToolbox =  "ItemToolbox" in _itemsPlayer;

if (DZE_APlotforLife) then {
_playerUID = [player] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;
}else{
_playerUID = dayz_characterID;
};

_isMan = _cursorTarget isKindOf "Man";

compiles.sqf

//starts at line 82
player_removeNet = {
[["DesertCamoNet_DZ","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ"], 5,"str_epoch_player_8"] call player_removeNearby;
};

player_login = {
private ["_unit","_detail","_PUID"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_detail = _this select 1;
_PUID = [player] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;
if(_unit == _PUID) then {
player setVariable["publish",_detail];
};
};

//player_unlockDoor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockDoor.sqf";
//player_changeCombo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_changeCombo.sqf";

// starts at line 605//
// player_projectileNear =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_projectileNear.sqf";

FNC_GetPlayerUID = {
private ["_object","_version","_PID"];
_object = _this select 0;
_version = productVersion select 3;
if (DayZ_UseSteamID) then {
_PID = GetPlayerUID _object;
} else {
if (_version >= 125548) then {
_PID = call (compile "GetPlayerUIDOld _object");
} else {
_PID = GetPlayerUID _object;
diag_log format["Your game version, %1, is less than the required for the old UID system; using Steam ID system instead. Update to 1.63.125548 (or latest steam beta)", _version];
};
};
_PID
};

FNC_GetSetPos = { //DO NOT USE IF YOU NEED ANGLE COMPENSATION!!!!
private "_pos";

funny thou i started another server but this one was opened with p4l installed, and it works perfect. files compare perfect against each other (same mods)

ohh ya a bunch of mods were already installed. its like this,

chernarus - P4l was installed later (had mods installed, database had objects and players)

napf - P4l installed before database was populated (objects, players)

both servers have the exact same mods installed, napf works flawless and chernarus have those errors client side.

i might just redo the whole server, if youre out of ideias.

So it sounds like it is an issue with the DB records being modified by other mods causing issues on your old install.

Try a rebuild and then load the data in to the new DB b ut you may hit the same problem if the DB data has been previously changed in to a format that the current set of mod (including mine) are not designed to deal with.

The fact that it happens after some time also seems to point to this as you may just have a few object in the DB that are causing the problem and it shows itself when the player encounters that object in the game world.

mid taking a look on my db, see if you encounter something ? https://copy.com/mmPSfYwv8mnynXjX

i did notice that some of modular builds for some reason have inventory like storage buildings ( [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] instead of just [] ) not sure if that matters

for instance

(6507, 4433987218713, 11, 'CinderWall_DZ', '2014-11-24 12:57:58', '2014-12-05 10:40:17', 0, '["172.966431","[4433.880859,8721.793945,0.729309]",[[0.122,-0.992,0],[0,0,1]]]', '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]', '[]', 0.00000, 0.00000),

The easiest way to try and find out what is causing the problem is by using the diag log format command to report on what the variable is before it errors on that line.  It may produce quite a lot of debug lines in the client RPT file but it will show you what is getting passed to that line in the variables and will help to track back.

Something like

diag_log format["[fn_selfactions] Line 653 [dayz_combination: %1], [_ownerID: %2], [_playerUID: %3]",dayz_combination, _ownerID, _playerUID];

At line 653 of the fn_selfactions.sqf file.

When the bug hits, take a look at what the values were.

the diag_log format didnt do nothing at all for me. should it be put on line 653 regardless of how many lines i got ? that line ended up inside a "if" statement, but nothing at all besides the regular errors im getting.

after alot of testing today im pretty convinced its vectors. i did post something there asking if theres any easy ways of deleting objects using vectors from db.

The RPT file you posted said the error was on line 654 of your fn_selfactions.sqf file.  Putting the diag_log line in before that error (the if statement) will report what the error is.  If you have changed the fn_selfactions.sqf file so the error is no longer on line 654 then you will need to work oput where to put the diag_log line to match..  

Hey everyone, I try to run this plugin with plotmanagement. I've followed every step on their website: https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/P4L_Epoch.md, but I've got the following error in the .RPT (about 100 times): 

diag_log ("HIVE: S>
21:01:29   Error position: <spawn_roadblocks;
};

21:01:29   Error Undefined variable in expression: spawn_roadblocks
21:01:29 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 334
21:01:29 Error in expression <rom 1 to MaxDynamicDebris do {
[] spawn spawn_roadblocks;
};

};

};

};

};

Does anyone what I'm doing wrong? 

Hey RimBlock, 

I have P4L installed on my 2 servers, the older server is running P4L 2.34 and the latest server is running 2.40. Both are running Napf. What I was wanting to know is can I just copy the newer server over to the older server (keeping the SQL database intact), get everyone to run the "Take Ownership" option from the plotpole and have their existing bases stay exactly where they are? I am also using Precise Build from Mikeeey and Snap Build Pro 1.4.1 on both servers.

Hey everyone, I try to run this plugin with plotmanagement. I've followed every step on their website: https://github.com/DevZupa/PlotManagement/blob/master/P4L_Epoch.md, but I've got the following error in the .RPT (about 100 times): 

};

};

};

};

};

};

Does anyone what I'm doing wrong? 

Probably better checking in Zupas thread as they are his install instructions.  I do not know what changes he has made to my code.

You may wish to try installing with v2.34 though as I do not know if he has updated his side to work with v2.4 yet.

Hey RimBlock, 

I have P4L installed on my 2 servers, the older server is running P4L 2.34 and the latest server is running 2.40. Both are running Napf. What I was wanting to know is can I just copy the newer server over to the older server (keeping the SQL database intact), get everyone to run the "Take Ownership" option from the plotpole and have their existing bases stay exactly where they are? I am also using Precise Build from Mikeeey and Snap Build Pro 1.4.1 on both servers.

Hiya,

From a DB point of view there is no difference between v2.34 and v2.4.  You should just be able to load your object table straight in and it will work.  For A Plot for Life, the buildables will still belong to the right players (the SteamID used is the same on all servers).  I suspect it will all work TBH without needing to Take Ownership.  Copying all the DB tables over should make sure it will all work fine.  v2.4 is really just a big tidy up of the code to reduce size and make it easier for people to integrate with other mods.  There are a few small additions but functionality and the way the scripts implement it is pretty much the same.

Test if you can first but you should be pretty safe.

Should have been fixes quite a while ago.

What version are you using ?.

What is the issue (what happens and what does not happen) ?.

What mods do you have installed ?.

Any RPT errors (Client or server) ?.

Version : Plot for Life 2.4 with Snap Build Pro 1.4.1

Issue : Players can tag others as friendly but the tagged players can not build on the other persons plot.

Mods Installed : 

Vector Build 

Precise Build

Single Coin Default Hive

Service Points

R3F Arty And Log

Group Management

Deploy Anything

WAI

DZMS

Any errors (rpt or client) : None at all.

Everything functions as per normal except for the tagging/building aspect. 

Actually, after a bit of research, I can't honestly say what version of Plot 4 Life, Snap Build Pro and Vector Build I am using due to a broken link in the Vector Build github page. I am using your version with the serverpublishfullobject file located serverside if that helps? 

serverpublishfullobject is only used for the "Take Ownership" function to take over the plot item ownership.  Everything else uses the standard Epoch server create object scripts.

Ok, do the players who are friendly to each other have the SteamIDs in their currentState field of their characters DB record (character_data table) ?.

Do they get the "No plot pole nearby." error message ?.

Does it stop friendlies from building new items, upgrading, downgrading and deleting or just building new items (each function uses a different script).

Note that Vector Build is for A Plot for Life v2.34 / V2.35 and not V2.4 (it will probably work but will need a bit of playing around).

Any ideas why all my vehicles (spawned from admin menu) explode when i get in them?

It happened just after installing this mod.

I would really love to use this mod becasue thats what i needed ;(

Made everything that is in install notes (im a bit newbie but already installed this mod twice and it happens every time)