[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

You will need to check your RPT files for any issues reported (on the client and the server).

Whilst this mod does not affect vehicles at all, if there is an error in one of the core files when adding it then that may cause unexpected results.  The best way to find the errors is looking at the RPT files.

Let me know what you find.

You will need to check your RPT files for any issues reported (on the client and the server).

Whilst this mod does not affect vehicles at all, if there is an error in one of the core files when adding it then that may cause unexpected results.  The best way to find the errors is looking at the RPT files.

Let me know what you find.

First of all im a bit newbie, but...

Thats what happens on my server:

1. I get in any vehicle, its OK

2. When i make my first vehicle explode and i die, i respawn

3. After respawn when i spawn any vehicle, it explodes just after i get in.

Here is RPT file: http://pastebin.com/0HsQ31qL

In install notes u said to change files with another, but i had to edit them a bit too, because my other mods required some edits in these files.

Obv i see that there is first error with position and then "killing a hacker" for remote IN vehicle.

But that didnt happen before installing this mod ;(

Please help im newbie ;p

Unfortunately RimBlock you werent right there...

installed NEW CLEAN SERVER.

Installed YOUR AND ONLY YOUR MOD (2.4 and 2.35 tried both). 

When i get into any vehicle is fine, but after i die and get into any vehicle i instaexplode.

Didnt use any admin commands or whatever.

Only your mod.

;(

Should have been fixes quite a while ago.

What version are you using ?.

What is the issue (what happens and what does not happen) ?.

What mods do you have installed ?.

Any RPT errors (Client or server) ?.

Recently upgraded to the latest PlotForLife (in the OP), and having the same issue with building as a friendly.

I have the PP/SBP pack from the 1st post, Vector Build and Precise Base Building.

You can tag players as friendly, but if they try to build within your plot pole, it states 'Requires plot pole', even if they stand right beside the friends plotpole.

Recently upgraded to the latest PlotForLife (in the OP), and having the same issue with building as a friendly.

I have the PP/SBP pack from the 1st post, Vector Build and Precise Base Building.

You can tag players as friendly, but if they try to build within your plot pole, it states 'Requires plot pole', even if they stand right beside the friends plotpole.

What version of A Plot for Life have you tried. 

Vector Build is not yet updated (or wasn't a couple of days ago) to use v2.4 which is why I still have v2.35 available form the first post as well.  I also posted this in the Vector Build thread this week I will add another note in the first post to make it clearer for people.  I was hoping Vector Build would have been updated by now but it is the holiday period and people have different priorities.  Hopefully Striker can get round to it when he gets a chance.

Unfortunately RimBlock you werent right there...

installed NEW CLEAN SERVER.

Installed YOUR AND ONLY YOUR MOD (2.4 and 2.35 tried both). 

When i get into any vehicle is fine, but after i die and get into any vehicle i instaexplode.

Didnt use any admin commands or whatever.

Only your mod.

;(

That really is very bizzare.  This mod does not touch vehicles at all.

So you only have Epoch v1.0.5.1 installed and A Plot for Life v2.4 (or v2.35) and no other admin tools or antihacks or anything else at all ?.

These vehicles are generated how ?.  Are they just random vehicles found around the map / bought from traders / created some other way ?.

Upload your client & server RPT files to pastebin or dropbox and link it here so I can take a look please.

That really is very bizzare.  This mod does not touch vehicles at all.

So you only have Epoch v1.0.5.1 installed and A Plot for Life v2.4 (or v2.35) and no other admin tools or antihacks or anything else at all ?.

These vehicles are generated how ?.  Are they just random vehicles found around the map / bought from traders / created some other way ?.

Upload your client & server RPT files to pastebin or dropbox and link it here so I can take a look please.

First of all.

No mod at all / self-found.

It doesnt propably matter about vehicles because the error in rpt says that its ANTIHACK who kills me for remotely getting into car.

Just without vehicle its not noticable.

Cant upload client/server rpt files anymore because i had to somehow make it working so had to just install pure snappro/vectors/precise building.

I really had no idea what was that but later ill try to install CLEAN version of plot4life.

Ok, try with A Plot for Life v2.35 if you are looking to add Vector Build afterwards. 

Yes the server log shows it killing you as a hacker.  I suspect the admin menu was not whitelisting the cars you spawned in originally due to a code issue with merging the files.  The client log file will show this up more clearly.

Post the client log file up when you have another build done with A Plot for Life and exploding death cars and I will try to point you in the right direction.

Also, just to be clear...  my cars do not kill me with version 2.35 or 2.4 installed and nothing else.  The files on Github / dropbox are taken straight from the running files on my test server.

Just to check Rimblock, is the 'downgrade' to 2.35 relatively straightforward? From what I read, the differences were only in code cleanup and not functionality. I'm just concerned that with so many mods utilising the same files, the downgrade could be a major headache.

Thanks very much for the advice and ofc, for the mod itself!

This is a historic legacy.

A Plot for Life was to be added to the stalled Epoch 1.0.5.2 (now Epoch 1.0.6) release but in order to have it included, VBAwol requested I put in an option to disable it for people who did not want it running (pretty fair request).  The code was added and was submitted to the Epoch team but then they were working hard on A3 Epoch and it never got added.  This extra code had been with A Plot for Life since then and I have finally removed it to lower mission file size and to make it easier to implement and merge with other mods.  I have also fully cut over to the modular building system which has cut the large player build in to smaller functions to make them easier to manage changes too.

v2.4 also has a new helper function to work out ownership or if a player is a friend of the owner (cuts down on common code in multiple files).

If you want to keep v2.4 then I will help you to get it debugged but you will need to add some debugging lines etc so we can get to the bottom of the issues you may be seing and so the information can be supplied to others.

If you are happy to put a bit of time in for this debugging then let me know and I will start to take a look and advise what and where to put the debug lines in.

Update:

Just seen your post in Vectors.  Cannot help too much in that flipping and snapping too much but if the tag friendly is still causing problems then happy to help there.

WhenI try upgrade wall I have battleye restiction #12 

In createvehicle.log log

09.01.2015 19:37:57: dominopi (195.74.51.64:2304) 6d2872sdsdsdsdsw3c181c8e67a557 - #1 "CinderWall_DZ" 4:9 [0,0,-51]
09.01.2015 19:37:57: dominopi (195.74.51.64:2304) 6d2872sdsdsdsdsw3c181c8e67a557 - #12 "CinderWall_DZ" 4:9 [0,0,-51]

How Can I fix it?

Hello RimBlock,

I ran into a problem after installing PPFL. I went to use a Plot pole, after i placed it i checked to see if i could still use my Snap Builder Pro, and it did. But after i killed myself to see if the Plot pole still worked and it doesn't. I looked at my RPT and this error was in there.

8:06:02 "PUBLISH: Attempt 3aef0f00# 1056460: sign_one_leg_h.p3d REMOTE"
8:06:02 "PUBLISH: Created Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ with ID 96861135674085"
8:06:02 Error in expression <ry = _this select 4;
_hitpoints = _this select 5;
_damage = _this select 6;
_fu>
8:06:02 Error position: <select 5;
_fu>
8:06:02 Error Zero divisor
8:06:02 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8

and

8:06:38 "PUBLISH: Attempt 3b275d00# 1056507: steel_door_frame.p3d REMOTE"
8:06:38 "PUBLISH: Created CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ with ID 9683913569121"
8:06:38 Error in expression <ry = _this select 4;
_fu>
8:06:38 Error position: <select 5;
_fu>
8:06:38 Error Zero divisor
8:06:38 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8

I am not sure what this means or how to fix it if you or anyone could be of any assistance that would be great.

Thank you,

Killert

This is a historic legacy.

A Plot for Life was to be added to the stalled Epoch 1.0.5.2 (now Epoch 1.0.6) release but in order to have it included, VBAwol requested I put in an option to disable it for people who did not want it running (pretty fair request).  The code was added and was submitted to the Epoch team but then they were working hard on A3 Epoch and it never got added.  This extra code had been with A Plot for Life since then and I have finally removed it to lower mission file size and to make it easier to implement and merge with other mods.  I have also fully cut over to the modular building system which has cut the large player build in to smaller functions to make them easier to manage changes too.

v2.4 also has a new helper function to work out ownership or if a player is a friend of the owner (cuts down on common code in multiple files).

If you want to keep v2.4 then I will help you to get it debugged but you will need to add some debugging lines etc so we can get to the bottom of the issues you may be seing and so the information can be supplied to others.

If you are happy to put a bit of time in for this debugging then let me know and I will start to take a look and advise what and where to put the debug lines in.

Update:

Just seen your post in Vectors.  Cannot help too much in that flipping and snapping too much but if the tag friendly is still causing problems then happy to help there.

I am also having the probelm with tag as friendly, i'm using 2.4. I was going to use Zupa's plot management to override it, but it isn't written for 2.4, things are different (as you would know)

If you could stick in a plot management system that would be awesome. If you want i'm also willing to throw in the lines of debug and see how it goes, hopefully i can help you debug it.

Hello,

I would like to install the Plot for life mod but i already have installed mods on my server.

Is there a way to add the scripts to my existing files instead of replacing so i wont have to reinstall all the mods?

Check the links on the first post on how to use diffmerge to merge common file used by multiple scripts.  They should help you.

WhenI try upgrade wall I have battleye restiction #12 

In createvehicle.log log

09.01.2015 19:37:57: dominopi (195.74.51.64:2304) 6d2872sdsdsdsdsw3c181c8e67a557 - #1 "CinderWall_DZ" 4:9 [0,0,-51]
09.01.2015 19:37:57: dominopi (195.74.51.64:2304) 6d2872sdsdsdsdsw3c181c8e67a557 - #12 "CinderWall_DZ" 4:9 [0,0,-51]

How Can I fix it?

Depends on what rules 1 and 12 are in your createvehicle battleye ruleset.

This mod works fine with the standard Epoch rulesets so it will either be an issue with the code (usually a merging issue) or you have some custom rules.

Hello RimBlock,

I ran into a problem after installing PPFL. I went to use a Plot pole, after i placed it i checked to see if i could still use my Snap Builder Pro, and it did. But after i killed myself to see if the Plot pole still worked and it doesn't. I looked at my RPT and this error was in there.

8:06:02 "PUBLISH: Attempt 3aef0f00# 1056460: sign_one_leg_h.p3d REMOTE"

8:06:02 "PUBLISH: Created Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ with ID 96861135674085"

8:06:02 Error in expression <ry = _this select 4;

_fu>

8:06:02 Error position: <select 5;

_fu>

8:06:02 Error Zero divisor

8:06:02 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8

and

8:06:38 "PUBLISH: Attempt 3b275d00# 1056507: steel_door_frame.p3d REMOTE"

8:06:38 "PUBLISH: Created CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ with ID 9683913569121"

8:06:38 Error in expression <ry = _this select 4;

_fu>

8:06:38 Error position: <select 5;

_fu>

8:06:38 Error Zero divisor

8:06:38 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8

I am not sure what this means or how to fix it if you or anyone could be of any assistance that would be great.

Thank you,

Killert

Was the plot pole saved to the database (easy check is whether the pole exists after you restart the server) ?.

The issue is that the server script that sends the information to the DB is expecting a set number parameters and it is not getting enough (seems only 3 are being sent to it).

To find the issue you need to track back to what is sending the parameters.  If you are using A Plot for Life v2.4 then it should be  player_build_publish.sqf.  Note that A Plot for Life v2.4 no longer uses player_build.sqf (some other mods still do so which can cause confusion).  v2.35 still uses player_build.sqf so will be easier to implement with other mods until they are updated.

Also check for any errors on the client RPT file.

I am also having the probelm with tag as friendly, i'm using 2.4. I was going to use Zupa's plot management to override it, but it isn't written for 2.4, things are different (as you would know)

If you could stick in a plot management system that would be awesome. If you want i'm also willing to throw in the lines of debug and see how it goes, hopefully i can help you debug it.

Cool,

Ok so for debugging.....

Right, think I have seen the issue....

Open fn_check_owner.sqf (under compiles folder).

Find

if (_playerUID in _friendlies) then {

Change to 

if (_ObjectOwner in _friendlies) then {

Let me know if that fixes it and if so I will amend the Github and Dropbox code and release the fix.

Was the plot pole saved to the database (easy check is whether the pole exists after you restart the server) ?.

The issue is that the server script that sends the information to the DB is expecting a set number parameters and it is not getting enough (seems only 3 are being sent to it).

To find the issue you need to track back to what is sending the parameters.  If you are using A Plot for Life v2.4 then it should be  player_build_publish.sqf.  Note that A Plot for Life v2.4 no longer uses player_build.sqf (some other mods still do so which can cause confusion).  v2.35 still uses player_build.sqf so will be easier to implement with other mods until they are updated.

Also check for any errors on the client RPT file.

RimBlock, first off thank you for replying to me so quickly. Second is I went back and found that my code was not calling the fn_selfActions.sqf in PPFL, it was calling another one that i had. So i merged the 2 files and now the plot poles have more options then they did before. (Maintain Area, Maintain Area Preview, Remove 30m Plot Pole, and Remove plot boundry.) so I went and tested to see if after i die if i could still use it, once i got back to the Pole it wouldn't let me build. and in the RPT it didn't show any errors. that i could see.  Then someone did something else later and this showed up. 

16:56:57 Bad conversion: array
16:56:57 Error in expression <ear"] call server_updateObject;
} count nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>

16:56:57 Error position: <nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects>
16:56:57 Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
16:56:57 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_playerSync.sqf, line 209

17:34:58 "PUBLISH: Attempt 32cf9d00# 1061425: sign_one_leg_h.p3d REMOTE"
17:34:58 "PUBLISH: Created Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ with ID 968581355890110"
17:34:58 Error in expression < = _this select 4;
_fu>
17:34:58 Error position: <select 5;
_fu>
17:34:58 Error Zero divisor
17:34:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf, line 8

Also when i restarted the server the things that a player had placed before the restart did not save when the server was up again.

Good day .. I have the plot for life and snap build installed , along with zuppa coins 3.0 and zuppa trader , epoch 1.0.5.1

Any help much appreciated :D  

Im getting the following RPT  error

20:55:29 Error in expression <and\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf"
_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir>
20:55:29   Error position: <["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir>
20:55:29   Error Missing ;
20:55:29 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 1
20:55:30 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
20:55:31 No speaker given for Mario Gluck
20:55:31 Error in expression <rland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf"
_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_d>
20:55:31   Error position: <_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_d>
20:55:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _
20:55:31 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 1

this is Line 1 in server_monitor.sqf its refering to 

_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir","_isOK","_countr","_objWpnTypes","_objWpnQty","_dam","_selection","_totalvehicles","_object","_idKey","_type","_ownerID","_worldspace","_inventory","_hitPoints","_fuel","_damage","_key","_vehLimit","_hiveResponse","_objectCount","_codeCount","_data","_status","_val","_traderid","_retrader","_traderData","_id","_lockable","_debugMarkerPosition","_vehicle_0","_bQty","_vQty","_BuildingQueue","_objectQueue","_superkey","_shutdown","_res","_hiveLoaded","_ownerPUID"];

Ok, a little bit my bad there.

The CLEAN server was not so clean as i thought.

It had Admin Epoch Tools included.

Is this possible to make it work with Admin Epoch Tools?

(it was me who had exploding vehicles xD)

Epoch Admin tools ... straight from  NoxSicarius   Exploding of cars is caused by pbo edits not done right. Kicking is caused by battleye filters not added (or overwritten by you with a different mod).

Good day .. I have the plot for life and snap build installed , along with zuppa coins 3.0 and zuppa trader , epoch 1.0.5.1

Any help much appreciated :D  

Im getting the following RPT  error

20:55:29 Error in expression <and\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf"

_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir>

20:55:29   Error position: <["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir>

20:55:29   Error Missing ;

20:55:29 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 1

20:55:30 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852

20:55:31 No speaker given for Mario Gluck

20:55:31 Error in expression <rland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf"

_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_d>

20:55:31   Error position: <_ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_d>

20:55:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _

20:55:31 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\custom\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 1

this is Line 1 in server_monitor.sqf its refering to _ ["_nul","_result","_pos","_wsDone","_dir","_isOK","_countr","_objWpnTypes","_objWpnQty","_dam","_selection","_totalvehicles","_object","_idKey","_type","_ownerID","_worldspace","_inventory","_hitPoints","_fuel","_damage","_key","_vehLimit","_hiveResponse","_objectCount","_codeCount","_data","_status","_val","_traderid","_retrader","_traderData","_id","_lockable","_debugMarkerPosition","_vehicle_0","_bQty","_vQty","_BuildingQueue","_objectQueue","_superkey","_shutdown","_res","_hiveLoaded","_ownerPUID"];

Line doesn't start with "private" ?.

Cool,

Ok so for debugging.....

Right, think I have seen the issue....

Open fn_check_owner.sqg (under compiles folder).

Find

if (_playerUID in _friendlies) then {

Change to 

if (_ObjectOwner in _friendlies) then {

Let me know if that fixes it and if so I will amend the Github and Dropbox code and release the fix.

That appears to have fixed it mate. Will get the other players to test it when they come on. I'm admin. but i couldn't build before i did your fix.