2nd instance of Chernarus & Reboot Scripts :S

PetuniaEpoch

Question

EDIT: Although I did search the forums first and not find the answer, I THINK I've found it here - Testing now!

EDIT 2: ^^^ That link and the answer below by MrAlfred solved it :D

Hey all :)

So I want to run a 2nd instance of Chernarus, NOT using the same DB - entirely isolated, different server files etc)

Here's what I've done in prep:

• Made a new instance folder with battleye/BEC etc
  • Made a new @dayz_epoch_server folder, called '@DayZ_Epoch_Server_V2' which has the server pbo > Edited the folder name of the mission file folder that sits within the server PBO
  • Made a new mission side folder (in MPMissions)
  • Edited init.sqf and BEC config to reflect the new instance
  • Made a new MySQL database and added the stock SQL
  • Edited the hive.ini to reflect the new MySQL DB name

My question:

Currently I reboot my single instance by a batch file called from the BEC scheduler that:

• Checks for 'arma2oaserver.exe' and kills the process if it finds it running (after several in-game warnings of course!)
  • Checks if MySQL is running & reboots it if it is
  • Checks if BEC is running and reboots that too

Now, what I'm worried about is that this method may kill all servers running AND MySQL - effecting both servers AND BEC - effecting both servers - or even the wrong server :S

What would be the best method to be able to reboot each server instance individually? :D

Thanks in advance!

Mike.

6 answers to this question

Yup - I figured it out after finding the thread above :)

Thanks for your help too tho, appreciate it!

Re: MySQL, I'm just going to not kill it with either server, I don't see it's necessary really to kill it several times a day? :)

Make a copy of arma2oaserver.exe and rename it, same with BEC. :)

Dont know anything about MySQL. 

Cheers Gagi2 - I suspected as much! I guess I just got bum advice a long time back. Didn't make sense to me to need to reboot MySQL... only rarely do that when hosting web servers or SaaS - and I do a proper server reboot once a week anyhow usually, so that should be fine :)

there is absolutely no need to restart the mysql service...

Wow! What's the point in multiple MySQL installs??? lolz

I've just got one MySQL install but use different databases :) - My MySQL server & data on a separate HD (ssd) too tho :)

yeah one reboot here and there cant be wrong... ^^

i usually do it when some windows updates are installed...

so about once in a month... or in 2 months sometimes ^^

services like mysql arent to be restarted that much...

but there are guys out there who install a whole mysql server for each dayz instance... can you believe this? ^^

they are restarting the whole mysql server then too on every dayz server restart ^^

they will shit their pants if i tell them i use ONE mysql server for 4 (with testservers 8) instances of dayz ^^

Yer - I'm no programmer, but I have hosted sites for quite a while before, so know a bit about servers and basic html, PHP and MySQL - but only basic.

My server is a VPS that came empty apart from Windows - so I installed all DayZ stuff manually... more work, but at least I get to see how stuff works (I'm not happy if I don't know how something works :D)

To be honest though, I'm more used to Linux servers, so it was a bit of a learning curve for me using Windows servers! 

yeah.. thats the way it should be done...

one mysql server containing all databases...

but these kids without any knowledge in how to install mysql and not willing to learn it are just using all these one-click-server-tools which include almost EVERYTHING.... i have seen some with webserver and stuff too... good luck with this one ^^