DY357LX

Map Marker That Follows A Certain Player?

Question

I like flying around the coast and giving new players on our server a ride to wherever they want to go.
A lot of them either shy-away from the strange chopper or shoot at it, not realizing it's trying to help.

I know how to add map markers (for Admin bases etc) but they're static. Is it possible to get the

marker to follow me (based on my UID number) and maybe toggle it on/off with a keypress or mousewheel menu?

Thanks.

(Yes, I get bored easily :D)

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JakeQue
      Usually it would state 

"You cannot gut this animal without a knife"

but now the scroll  action is dead and I don't get an error.

Please help!
    • By nathan9117
      Hi there, I would like to move this file to my server pbo.
       I have moved it to my mission pbo and tested by changing the call to this and it spawns fine.
      For some reason however I can not get it to spawn if it is placed server side and executed from server_functions.sqf either using [] execVm, execVm or call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers.
      The main reason for wanting to move this file is that when I edit my map I dont want to place any objects over existing ones. If it is not going to be possible then an alternative will be to load the buildings in the 3d editor make my map and just remove the duplicates that already spawn/exist in chernarus11.sqf 
      Contents of chernarus11.sqf below extracted from dayz_code.
      Thanks in advance ! 

• By xDUKEx
      I was wondering if someone could help me out with an issue I am having with making custom content in the 3D editor.  I've done a bunch of custom content for my server and it all works just fine ... except for things like roads, trees, bushes, and rocks; they never show up on my server.  I have access to my server FTP and I can see that in @Epoch there is an addons folder with a ton of PBOs.  I know it has the @map_eu addon and a few others like @plants and @trees ... etc.  I open my Arma2 OA and go into my Epoch server, then back out and open my editor with CTRL E.  After placing and saving everytime I put a road down, I get them all set and save my content into an .sqf as normal.  I do the proper edits to the file and launch my server.  I see all the custom stuff except the roads and trees.  I even placed my exec command after the "spawn_vehicles = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\spawn_vehicles.sqf";" line.  
      So what am I doing wrong?  I see lots of custom content using these things and I just can't figure it out.

Second question ... if I add a new file like @Jon_edit into my FTP @EPOCH\Addons folder, do I then need to add that same @file into the top of my missions.sqm code?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    • By xDUKEx
      * Sorry ... This should be ARMA 2 not ARMA 3 ... Not sure how I got myself into the wrong forum*
      I'm currently on Epoch 1.0.6.2 and I've been banging my head against the wall when it comes to getting my intro.ogg file to play when a  player connects to the server. 
      I've been using some of my old server scripts to try to build a new one, and I've been online searching for a current script ... but they all seem pretty old and I wonder if they are still working.  Everyone I have tried does nothing.  I've tried adding it to a welcome message/credits script and to a camera intro script but nothing happens.  Actually, I can't even seem to get my stock Server Rules .sqf to stop running.  It's getting really frustrating. 
      Then I found the server_playerLogin.sqf and I wondered if maybe I needed to script the code in here?
      If anyone knows of a current playsound / welcome credits / camera intro script, in any combination of the three or you know where I should be placing the script, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks!
    • By DirtySanchez
      Had a fellow community member approach me about a serious question regarding removal of a vehicle mod and how to proceed.

Situation:

Mas vehicles was installed but host realized that CUP vehicles and weapons were already configured within Epoch for easy setup and start.
      So what we want to do here is get rid of those vehicles.
      Most mods use a common string for their mod in the class names.
      In this case it is "mas_" so we will check the classname for a partial match.
      If it finds the match, lets kill the vehicle and remove the database entry.

At the end of EPOCH_server_loadVehicles we can add this code.
      after this line of code: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_server/compile/epoch_vehicle/EPOCH_load_vehicles.sqf#L228
      if(_class find "mas_" > -1)then { [_vehicle,""] call EPOCH_server_save_killedVehicle; };
      Start up the server with this code installed.
      Let the server fully start up.
      Remove the code and restart the server again
      ENJOY!

ps. Someone asked why not do a _vehicle setDamage 1; Well do we really want to blow up a bunch of vehicles and possibly damage bases and other vehicles? NO
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Advertisement
  • Discord