Trader inventory UI glitching: 10,000 stock of 1 item causes the UI to glitch, including not showing the item cost

moosemilker

Trader inventory UI glitching: 10,000 stock of 1 item causes the UI to glitch, including not showing the item cost

Repro:

1. Delete all traders in Redis server instance OR MANUALLY edit traders' inventory to items listed in step #2
    1. Manual edit all traders' inventory: [DB instance] -> AI_ITEMS -> [instance ID] -> Edit value for: AI_ITEMS:[instance ID]:[Trader ID]
  2. @EpochHive -> epochconfig.hpp -> change 'starterTraderItems[]' to:
      starterTraderItems[] = { { "ebike_epoch","mosquito_epoch", "CinderBlocks", "MortarBucket", "ItemScraps", "ItemCorrugated", "ItemCorrugatedLg", "PartPlankPack", "WoodLog_EPOCH", "KitStudWall", "KitWoodFloor", "KitWoodStairs", "KitWoodRamp", "KitFirePlace", "KitTiPi", "KitShelf", "KitFoundation", "JackKit", "KitPlotPole", "KitCinderWall", "FirstAidKit", "VehicleRepair" },{ 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000, 10000 } };
  3. Save file
  4. Start server
  5. Find a trader
  6. View Shop
  7. Click on one of the items listed in Step #2

Result: UI glitch view of '10000' and no price listed due to this UI clipping issue.

Expected: Ability to handle 10000 inventory of an item, or published limitation of traders' "max inventory" value

You're unrealistic. ;-)

It's to avoid refilling the traders. I don't want to refill them and I always want them to have stock of these items.

Also... WTF is up with the community commenting on a real bug in the software. I have logged issues here before (for the dev team) and undoubtedly some community member jumps in with an irrelevant comment. Silly.

You're unrealistic. ;-)

It's to avoid refilling the traders. I don't want to refill them and I always want them to have stock of these items.

Also... WTF is up with the community commenting on a real bug in the software. I have logged issues here before (for the dev team) and undoubtedly some community member jumps in with an irrelevant comment. Silly.

Its all good man these forums are for people to show their opinion, the majority of people would probably disagree with you but then again some people might like the idea. It is better to go about trying to explain your thoughts to the devs than to argue whether they should do it or not.

Calm down before you blow an utter, if you stock a quantity of let's say 5000 per item you really believe a player isn't going to sell to that same trader? Players sell items all the time! They want their krypto not hoarding.

LOL. Message heard loud and clear... The community uses this as a "user voice" to provide community feedback on new bugs when they are reported. Got. It. *man hug*

For people that are not aware of this method of shooting down some random person raising an issue to the dev team as a bug (the 'that's unrealistic' comment), there is room for miscommunication of the intention of your feedback between the bug logger and the guy complaining to the bug logger...

A smarter way to report bugs and simultaneously provide user feedback would be to vote up a target bug only. That way only the most desired bug fixes by the community float to the surface and the least desired bugs would remain on the backlog.

That said, I don't care if this particular bug gets prioritized, or is ever fixed. I can experiment by working around this issue and set the inventory quantity to the highest value that does not clip the trader UI.

GG.