[Release] Casca Vehicles Convoy for any Map

Donnovan

I noticed that you cannot enter the vehicles if some of the AIs are still alive.  Would it be possible to achieve that for the damage on the vehicles.

So once all the AIs are dead, only then the vehicles can take damage.

Thanks for all your hard work :)

seems the convoy formation goes down the _convoyFormation list, if this is the case it means alot of those formations dont get done (i have a formation spawn every 45mins) , could the formation maybe be picked from the list randomly instead?

theduke,

To set the vehicles invulnerable until all crew is dead, use this setting:

donn_aiCarVulnerable = false; //false or 0 is INVUNERABLE true or 1 is VULNERABLE

Set it to true.

Tang0,

Its possible to spawn again and again, with no end and pick a random convoy, but require some code. Btw, with 45 minutes spawn interval, you can spawn just a few convoys in a 4 hours restart.

Hey Donnovan,

Could you provide the code for turreted vehicles.  Little blue hippy vans are cute but... :) Too bad we don't have zombies that look like 1960's hippies.

Example: tanks, have both main guns and machine guns.  something like this:

donn_carsConvy = [
["T72_RU",2,["150Rnd_127x107_DSHKM],["22Rnd_125mmHE_T72]],
.......]

and where can one change it to have it headshots only on the bomber? 

Also, received this on startup: 
Arm_A2_OA_2015_08_20_20_51_53_58.jpg

I've seen: CA_commonityconfigurationproject_e, which was from Arma 2 OA / Beta? its been a while.  BUT never seen that full error before for an addon :)

New version of the main script (item 5 of the instructions):

Changes:

Better AI in/out vehicles.
Some new cool smart code.
NO TURRET VEHICLES ANYMORE, since they are a lot over powered.

*** UPDATED ON THE FIRST POST! ***

I figured out the issue I was having with the T72 tanks.  The script assigns "positions" that are needed.  "driver", "gunner", "etc".  if a Armed H2 hummer is used, Driver, and Gunner are 2 slots, only 3 more can be added as "cargo" or passengers. I was having too many being assigned to the tank.  I change the number from "2", to "1" and now the tanks rolls out.   I also changed CARELESS and "BLUE" to COMBAT and "RED" and they are vicious.

What would be great if we could assign RPGs to the AI that are in the CARGO (passenger) positions this would make some of the other smaller vehicles a bit more tough to take down, we were testing and if I grabbed an armor hummer, I could easily run most everyone over.

I added an additional position for Armed fun things

// (6) armour vehicles
["T72_RU",1,["22Rnd_125mmHE_T72"]]

Then in the _convoyFormation, I added "6" to every array to make sure they show up:
[0,1,6] for example for the first array. All arrays have "6" for testing purposes.

The T72s are difficult but... I don't do "easy-mode".   Many thanks for your input, helped greatly.  The tanks engage soft targets with machine guns and not the main turret (so-far) and only when a hard-threat will it use the main gun.

anything with a closed turret is too hard to get the ai out of tbh

I'm curious.   I had a little problem(backpack) with the original convoy.

Get some errors with 1.7(listed on main post) and V2a(which wasn't linked on front page, but in a post).

I see another post about Humanity but don't see any code for it in the files I downloaded...  Just curious if its a donation thing or I'm blind.... 

NEW ON TAKELONG V1a:

Bidirectional Humanity: Fixed bandit (or on the bandit way) players getting positive humanity from AI kill.

INSTALATION: TAKELONG V1a

Unzip this file into your mission folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2lk585g0ewnetr/arma2_epoch_andre_convoy_takelong_v1a.7z?dl=0

Look at init(example).sqf to see how to run Andre Convoy, and reproduce it in your init.sqf.
No BE filters tweak needed.

INFISTAR USERS:
If your infiStar have this option:

/*  EXPERIMENTAL CU FIX   */ _CUF = true; /* true or false */ /* *experimental* - will transfer serverside units (including mission AI) to clientside */

You need to turn it off setting _CUF to false, or AI will not work.

PS: Thanks to Tang0.

Is anyone else getting ai in the water to the SW?   Just curious if that's normal or I have too many ai assigned to vehicles.   Ai do not seem to appear until the ai leave vehicles.

*****Never Mind..  too many ai assigned to vehicle.

Edited by Gooober

seems some of the vehilces when indestructable remain so even after the ai have all been killed, some of the players on my server have been using these vehicles to do missions lol - killing ai while the vehicles cant be destroyed - you can never watch players enough sometimes :)

Ok so here is a scenario on my server lol

I kill the convoy AI, then before getting in the vehicle i shoot at the tires...nothing...no damage.  Then i get in the vehicle and back out, shoot at the tires they take damage...awesome.

But one little problem.  I took that vehicle to visit a AI mission, 2 RPGS, mines and M2s plus foot patrol did NO damage to the the vehicle.  Yes i had god mode on, but not Car god on.

So i decided to stand outside the vehicle on one side for a while, vehicle took many shots again...  Still no damage.

Just thought i would let you know :)

Edit: I thought i would try with another mission system...same issue.  First was with WAI, then DZMS

Keep up the good work Donnovan ...Love this script :) 

Edited by theduke