[Release] Casca Vehicles Convoy for any Map

Donnovan

thats really good, if you can change the variables so they can be changed at top of script then it can be tailored to everyone server needs easily,  only thing i changed is the vehicles so they can be entered and driven away/sold  and the Ai skins to UN with blue helmets  "UN_CDF_Soldier_EP1"  - looking forward to the next update :)

If you want loot cutter now, just change this line:

} forEach ([_loot1,_crewCount] call _donn_selectLoot);
to that:

} forEach ([_loot1,ceil (_crewCount/2)] call _donn_selectLoot);
You can change the expression ceil (_crewCount/2) to ceil (_crewCount/3) or ceil (_crewCount/4) to have even less loot.

Great work once again Donnovan.

Some things I've noticed;

The vehicles appear to be indestructible until you get into the driver seat? Is this to stop AI/bomber units from blowing up the vehicles?

No bandit kills/humanity gain from killing AI (intentional?).

Sometimes the gun vanishes from the inventory when an AI dies, also none of the AI have ammo on their bodies. Is there a certain reasoning behind this? I assume it's how you add ammo to the AI when they spawn?

Cheers,

"The vehicles appear to be indestructible until you get into the driver seat? Is this to stop AI/bomber units from blowing up the vehicles?"

Not couse of AI bombers. This is to:

1 - Not allow players to destroy car wheels.

3 - Avoid AI driver to destroy car wheel couse of bad driving skill.

2 - A convoy that have some AI on foot is really slow.

Solution is not simple, but will have this:

1 - Allow car destruction but does not register damage on car wheels.

2 - Crew without able vehicle will unjoin the convoy group and stay at their own.

No bandit kills/humanity gain from killing AI (intentional?).

No, since this is a lot Epoch specific. But i will take a look.

"Sometimes the gun vanishes from the inventory when an AI dies, also none of the AI have ammo on their bodies. Is there a certain reasoning behind this? I assume it's how you add ammo to the AI when they spawn?"

Yes, i add ammo to the ai, but when he dies i remove ammo and a percentage of the weapons.

Happy to know you liked it! Thankyou!

Could we have on map instead of a point and the number of Ai just a lorry icon or something with no numbers so players know theres a convoy but not the numbers of Ai, would make players risk more ;) Maybe also the bomber man if he explodes Could if close enough blow the vehicle up, would make layers have to think where they will shoot him (also if he could run at the players as well ) - good fun this on our server

Feedback/Suggestion:

• When all AI are bomberman, and i shoot one of them as they stand close together, they nearly all die immediately.
    I suggest when shooting at the convoy and they get out, they share out more, meaning each one runs in another direction, at least for N meters.

• i didnt experience a thing i was reading about earlier this morning: Bomberman who will run in zig/zag towards you (but maybe i was only dreaming of this ;-) )

• dunno if its already implemented, but will they only explode by a "body/chest-hit" and not by headshot?

• another thing is that when using an atv in the vehicle-array and there are two AI on it and you shoot one of them he explodes while the other is still sitting (uninjured) at the back.

• on napf some "yellow dots" are shown in the lower left of the map when using the default chernarus-spawns.

• I read about why the vehicles are undestructable, but for me its a problem, because once you've killed all the AI in one convoy you could tow and sell them. One possibility is to make them not sellable, another is that If all AI are out of the vehicle, is destructable again.

code bright, later

ryker

*** main post updated ***

CASCA ANDRE CONVOYS - VERSION BOMBA:
22 of May of 2015

NEW ON BOMBA VERSION:
- Suicide bomber engage on player.
- All AI can be bomberman, you just need to set its frequency.
- Bomberman don't detonate if near allies.

- Shot the head, arms and legs of a bomberman will not make hin explode.
- Better soldier dicipation after disembark vehicles.
- Vehicles became acessible and vulnerable when all crew die and a player enters it.
- Reduced the number of "[] spwan {}".
- Added configuration to reduce or increase loot quantity.
- You can turn on/off vehicle crew number on map icons.
- Functions created to make the main code cleaner.
- Optimization on: code consistency & performance.
- Better became better, in general.

Beani, yes, you can.

What is your idea to convert it?

If you change the spawn locations to Tavian ones, i believe its enough to convert it:

//CHERNARUS SPAWNS
	_spawns = [
		[[2000,10907,0.2],[],100,15],
		[[7730,4798,0.2],[],22,15],
		[[7195,9700,0.2],[],0,15]
	];
It works with any map, you just need to set the spawn array.

Ok let me ask you this its based on location right?

[146.339,[6268.7,13388.4,0.00150108]]

//CHERNARUS SPAWNS
    _spawns = [
        [[6268,7,13388.4],[],0,0],
        [[7730,4798,0.2],[],22,15],
    ];

Would that be correct sir?

This line is wrong:

[[6268,7,13388.4],[],0,0],

This seens ok, just confirm "[6268,13388,0.2]" :

//TAVIANA SPAWNS
_spawns = [
	[[6268,13388,0.2],[],0,15],
	[[7730,4798,0.2],[],0,15],
];

Great update Donnovan. Will try it asap and give feedback.

FYI: In the previous version theres was an incompatible backpack-classname and an offroader with lowres-textures (didnt rememeber the correct classnames).

Where's the best place to put execVM "andre_convoy\andre_convoy.sqf"; - i mean before, inside, after the is dedicated-part

and has the folder "andre_convoy" to be in the root, where mission.sqm, init.sqf etc. is stored?

"FYI: In the previous version theres was an incompatible backpack-classname and an offroader with lowres-textures (didnt rememeber the correct classnames)."

Nice, i will take a look.

"Where's the best place to put execVM "andre_convoy\andre_convoy.sqf"; - i mean before, inside, after the is dedicated-part"

Better to put it more to the end.

"and has the folder "andre_convoy" to be in the root, where mission.sqm, init.sqf etc. is stored?"

Yes, on the root, where mission.sqm is.

Thankyou for the kind words.

Please, notice if with the default setting you have the desired amount of bomberman attacks.

Right now you need to kill all convoy to be able to enter in its vehicles. If you want to be able to enter in a vehicle if the specific crew of this vehicle is dead (and not all the convoy units) make the change bellow:

Change the function donn_casca_getIn on andre_convoy_functions.sqf from:

//Protect Vehicles from players until all crew is off
donn_casca_getIn = {
	_motor = _this select 0;
	_unit = _this select 2;
	if (isPlayer _unit) then {
		_carGroup = _motor getVariable ["car_group",GrpNull];
		_allOff = true;
		{if (alive _x) then {_allOff = false;};} forEach units _carGroup;
		if (!_allOff) then {_unit action ['getOut', _motor];};
		if (_allOff) then {
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "getIn";
			_motor setFuel 0.5;
		};
	};
};

To:

//Protect Vehicles from players until all crew is off
donn_casca_getIn = {
	_motor = _this select 0;
	_unit = _this select 2;
	if (isPlayer _unit) then {
		_carGroup = _motor getVariable ["car_group",GrpNull];
		_allOff = true;
		{if (alive _x && assignedVehicle _x == _motor) then {_allOff = false;};} forEach units _carGroup;
		if (!_allOff) then {_unit action ['getOut', _motor];};
		if (_allOff) then {
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "getIn";
			_motor setFuel 0.5;
		};
	};
};

Bombas are running towards the player and explode approx. 10 meters in front of you.

Nice, but wether the bombas nor the others are shooting at me. Also the vehicle gunners are zzz-sleeping...

Edit: Maybe they are not shooting because i put it after the is dedicated-section?

Edit II:

If you want to be able to enter in a vehicle if the specific crew of this vehicle is dead (and not all the convoy units) make the change bellow

This should be default, because it makes more sense...