M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

So what is the recommended way to get the edits in game ? what choices are there ?

P.S @Maca, I know you're busy but do you know why my server no longer shows in A3 launcher browser ? It did when i ran Altis, with AiA TP Lite running Chernarus it doesn't

Either through exporting the 'Epoch' config format from the menu, this copies the { } format used in the config.cpp. Or you could use a standard if (isServer) in the mission file, or execVM on server init if you have modified that.

Servers can take a bit to cache again, especially if they have recently changed mods, give it an hour or two and it should be there.

a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo > config.cpp   :D

Yup, this works for me, using the normal Save function, then copy pasting the info properly into in the right spot in config.cpp.

I did notice that Copy/Pasting using Notepad screwed up my formating and the server would not boot up, Using NotePad++ when opening both files works like a charm.

P.S. the new version does NOT require changing the braket format, its done for you.

Nope, my config.cpp isn't playing nicely :(

Hopefully someone will find a way to add them server side right out the box :) M3editor is faster for creating but takes longer to get working, at least for me anyways.

What new version ErZ ? I'm using 0.17 and can't see a newer version

OK. gonna start from scratch.... Server is running AiA Lite. When I try to launch the editor with the Lite mod it crashes immediately with the error "Data File too short, then points to the AiA Lite folder. Does is matter which version of AiA you are using to edit the map?

Nope, my config.cpp isn't playing nicely :(

Hopefully someone will find a way to add them server side right out the box :) M3editor is faster for creating but takes longer to get working, at least for me anyways.

What new version ErZ ? I'm using 0.17 and can't see a newer version

0.17 is the new version, 0.16 wouldnt save in the right format and only allowed you to save once.

Try using the Copy Epoch CFG To Clipboard option, open your config.cpp in Notepad++, find the proper Class Stratis, Altis or Cherno for the map you want to add stuff too.

Place your cursor on a blank line after the line propsPos[] = {

Press Ctrl-V

Save Config.cpp and then Copy/Paste it back into the PBO

As promised, here is an example biedi file.  The items that are added into the world are shown as a "vehicle" class.  

class _prefix_0
{
	objectType="prefix";
	class Arguments
	{
	};
};
class _center_0
{
	objectType="center";
	class Arguments
	{
		SIDE="west";
	};
};
class _group_0
{
	objectType="group";
	class Arguments
	{
		CENTER="_center_0";
	};
};
class _unit_0
{
	objectType="unit";
	class Arguments
	{
		POSITION="[11261.155, 11229.867, 0]";
		GROUP="_group_0";
		TYPE="B_Soldier_A_F";
		SKILL="0.60000002";
		PLAYER="true";
		LEADER="true";
	};
};
class _unit_1
{
	objectType="unit";
	class Arguments
	{
		POSITION="[3957.4219, 13511.389, 0]";
		GROUP="_group_0";
		TYPE="B_Soldier_A_F";
		SKILL="0.60000002";
	};
};
class _unit_2
{
	objectType="unit";
	class Arguments
	{
		POSITION="[5925.7974, 15553.455, 0]";
		GROUP="_group_0";
		TYPE="B_Soldier_A_F";
		SKILL="0.60000002";
	};
};
class _vehicle_0
{
	objectType="vehicle";
	class Arguments
	{
		POSITION="[5913.3818, 15568.233, 3.8146973e-005]";
		TYPE="Land_CncWall4_F";
		AZIMUT="99.321953";
		PARENT="";
	};
};
class _vehicle_1
{
	objectType="vehicle";
	class Arguments
	{
		POSITION="[5912.4575, 15563.113, 0.00018310547]";
		TYPE="Land_CncWall4_F";
		AZIMUT="99.025948";
		PARENT="";
	};
};
class _postfix_0
{
	objectType="postfix";
	class Arguments
	{
	};
};

M3Editor2 - fnc_copyCFGBtnClicked.sqf, line 12.  Change it to the below format and it will have the proper spacing to be a direct drop-in for the config.cpp file.  Pretty sure that's what everyone is wanting right now to make custom trader cities and such.

'{ "%1", { %2, %3, %4 }, %5 },',

Why does everyone want it in the .cpp? Next update will probably change the server settings pbo meaning there will be 100 more posts on why are their buildings not showing up and how do I copy it etc etc. The devs warned that it will have updates and only to change if you know what your doing as you will have to redo any changes each update. If it's loaded serverside as an sqf you don't ever have to worry about it.

SQF IS the preferred method :D

Any chance of a quick guide on getting the edits server side ?

Right now my old way and using is my only way, It takes longer in the editor but gets the results i want, using M3editor is quicker for the edits but i can't get them server side

Any chance of a quick guide on getting the edits server side ?

Right now my old way and using is my only way, It takes longer in the editor but gets the results i want, using M3editor is quicker for the edits but i can't get them server side

I find it easy to spawn houses or things over the config.cpp . and normally I am the script noob: D I am trying to create a howto, give me a half hour :D

using the config.cpp is fine too but u cant vector the objects.

With the method i described above, it will also allow you to add addition scripts to the servers. It essentially acts as an entry point.

sorry, so do not get me wrong ... So I think the a3 editor is very good and helps many many people... its so easy to create somethink with this editor and it facilitates for many MapBuilder very much.... but if you want to add a few additional building, then it is sufficient to cpp...

I have made a small PBO that should help people out.

It is rigged up (via config.cpp) to auto load when the mission starts and will run init/fn_init.sqf

In there you can put whatever you want the server to load.

Once you have editted it, PBO it back up and just place the pbo inside @EpochHive/Addons

That should be it!

I use PBO manager to pbo stuff, the included prefix files work for that, other tools I really dont know.

The PBO prefix is "\x\addons\a3_custom"

If someone can write a better tutorial, that would be amazing :P

NOTE: THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET

Can I put my other scripts that I am currently running from MPMissions into this hiveAddon PBO so that everythign runs server side ? IS this good ? Bad ? should some script be run client side ?