[Release] 2.1 Plot Management - UPDATED Object Counter

Zupa

Fixed it for me, cheers. Seems weird though to follow the non plot for life instructions but have to leave out a major change in order for it to function correctly? Perhaps Zupa could shed some light on the issue when he isn't busy. Thanks again.

so that thing worked for you ???

Fixed it for me, cheers. Seems weird though to follow the non plot for life instructions but have to leave out a major change in order for it to function correctly? Perhaps Zupa could shed some light on the issue when he isn't busy. Thanks again.

That's what I thought but it was working before I added PM, so I thought its gotta be something to do with the selfactions. So I ripped that part out and it worked, strange....

That's what I thought but it was working before I added PM, so I thought its gotta be something to do with the selfactions. So I ripped that part out and it worked, strange....

What about players that get added to the plot but can't upgrad wall , doors...etc i can't fix it any ideas?

OK about this step

5 E Remember to change the paths to any files you've moved to your mission folder!

player_upgrade.sqf
player_buildingDowngrade.sqf
player_upgrade.sqf"

where can i change the path and to what should i change it to

I'm just making sure

I have a feeling that this is what breaks my script cuz i looked twice at the steps and all looks good but not sure about this one

OK about this step

5 E Remember to change the paths to any files you've moved to your mission folder!

player_upgrade.sqf
player_buildingDowngrade.sqf
player_upgrade.sqf"
where can i change the path and to what should i change it to

I'm just making sure

I have a feeling that this is what breaks my script cuz i looked twice at the steps and all looks good but not sure about this one

The paths have to be changed inside your custom selfactions. If you have it defined then considder checking out lostandcrazy34 post 4 pages back and compare your player_upgrade to his. Sorry I cant do much else right now as I'm away from the computer :)

The paths have to be changed inside your custom selfactions. If you have it defined then considder checking out lostandcrazy34 post 4 pages back and compare your player_upgrade to his. Sorry I cant do much else right now as I'm away from the computer :)

Thanks i will look at it in and i hope it works for me

//Allow owners to delete modulars
    if(_isModular && (dayz_characterID == _ownerID)) then {
            if(_hasToolbox && "ItemCrowbar" in _itemsPlayer) then {
                    _player_deleteBuild = true;
            };
    };
//Allow owners to delete modular doors without locks
    if(_isModularDoor && (dayz_characterID == _ownerID)) then {
            };      
    };  

Ok, so changing it back to this in my fn_selfactions has not entirely worked. Here is the scenario : 

I placed a plotpole down. Anything I build I am able to remove, as I am the plotpole owner. No drama there.

I add another player to my plotpole. He is able to build as well, but anything he builds is only able to be removed by him, not me. As plotpole owner I should be able to remove everything within that plot radius. 

Also, a player placed a pole down about 3 days ago and built some stuff on it. Then he pulled the plotpole up the next day to move it slightly and rebuilt it. Now he doesn't get the option to remove what he initially built BUT he can remove stuff he has built since putting the pole down the second time.

This is totally weird. We need Zupa :)

};
    };
            };      
    };  

Ok, so changing it back to this in my fn_selfactions has not entirely worked. Here is the scenario : 

I placed a plotpole down. Anything I build I am able to remove, as I am the plotpole owner. No drama there.

I add another player to my plotpole. He is able to build as well, but anything he builds is only able to be removed by him, not me. As plotpole owner I should be able to remove everything within that plot radius. 

Also, a player placed a pole down about 3 days ago and built some stuff on it. Then he pulled the plotpole up the next day to move it slightly and rebuilt it. Now he doesn't get the option to remove what he initially built BUT he can remove stuff he has built since putting the pole down the second time.

Ok for me people who  got added to my plot can't build unless I tag them as friendly  i really don't know what to do I'm lost i have been up all night trying to fix it but still not working 100%

};
    };
            };      
    };  

This also worked for me.....until i died. Then no remove option on built items. I removed & replaced the pole, & any NEW item built can be removed. Until I die. Anything build before I died cannot be removed.

Hi Zupa,

I've only recently started modding on Arma, I've added your awesome script, but I keep getting this error:

Error in expression < 
_allowed = [_owner] +  _fuid;   
if ( _playerUID in _allowed && _ownerID in _a>
  Error position: <_playerUID in _allowed && _ownerID in _a>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _playeruid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 262

As far as I can see, I followed all the instructions, but I seem to be missing something

SO...
When I try to Maintain the area, It tells me there are 0 items to maintain...

As a side note. I wiped my whole server and started from scratch, to make sure there are no conflicting Mods
Edited by FuzzyMonkey

I'll try what silence4all said and get back to you. The pulling of the plotpole and replacing it has always been an issue I think I've seen that issue since before this script. Edit: what I say below mite also fix this...

As for the owner not being able to pull what the friendly builds I wouldn't know. But with p4l there's a scroll wheel option that lets the owner take control of all items on the plopole, there for taking control of friendlys builds and being able to remove them. If you installed this I'm sure you'd fix a lot of the things you've mentioned above.

I'll try what silence4all said and get back to you. The pulling of the plotpole and replacing it has always been an issue I think I've seen that issue since before this script. Edit: what I say below mite also fix this...

As for the owner not being able to pull what the friendly builds I wouldn't know. But with p4l there's a scroll wheel option that lets the owner take control of all items on the plopole, there for taking control of friendlys builds and being able to remove them. If you installed this I'm sure you'd fix a lot of the things you've mentioned

Was wondering if you have had a chance to test yet? Also, is there anyone NOT running P4L, able to remove modular buildings with PlotManagement installed?

Hi Zupa,

I've only recently started modding on Arma, I've added your awesome script, but I keep getting this error:

Error in expression < 

As far as I can see, I followed all the instructions, but I seem to be missing something

SO...

As a side note. I wiped my whole server and started from scratch, to make sure there are no conflicting Mods

OK, so someone else showed me how to define the _playerUID

Everything seems to be working fine

Great Mod Zupa

Thanx a million

I can't seem to get the manage plot option to show up. I followed the instructions to the T and cant seem to get it to work... Any ideas? I installed it 5 different times thinking I missed something but nope! lol. By the looks of it, it seems broken ATM. I just wanted to ask to see if anyone had this problem.

Non-P4L User.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried this on a fresh server to see if it was conflicting with other scripts with no luck.

I finally got it working

P4l

Snap build pro with vectors

plot management

door management

If anyone wants to study my files il more then happily provide a download because the current installation instructions fall short of making all these work together with eachother.

Mate yes please i have Snap with Vectors i have massive decay problems and i cant/dont know how to get a maintence addon to work with what i already i have and i dont want to take away vectors :(

Hi Zupa,

Error in expression < 

SO...

Im having this issue aswell, how did you fix this?

Im having this issue aswell, how did you fix this?

add the "_playerUID" in the private section of your FN_SelfActions

Example:

private ["_isWreckBuilding","_temp_keys","_magazinesPlayer","_playerUID"]

Then a bit lower down, you'll see some variables being defined (At around line 160 in mine)

There you add the following

_playerUID = getPlayerUID player;

Example:

_hasKnife = "ItemKnife" in _itemsPlayer;
_hasToolbox = "ItemToolbox" in _itemsPlayer;
_playerUID = getPlayerUID player;
_isMan = _cursorTarget isKindOf "Man";