{FIX} Players stuck at loading screen hearing sounds

Brockie

Hey people.  I wanted to share my most recent fix for this.

I had a player with chronic issue stuck at load screen, hearing sounds and I could see him moving around but he was stuck at loading screen.  None of my other players have this issue at all, just him.  So I made him delete his local .RPT file, because I was sure it had to be a local problem, and then after trying to join he sent it to me.  This is what it said:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2014/07/20 16:04:36
Current time: 2014/07/27 14:51:47

Version 1.63.125548
Check failed, unable to open file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR\desktop.ico
Starting process failed.
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

Notice unable to open file: and then Starting process failed.

I knew this had to be the error because it says Starting process failed.

After some trial and error, what we found was that when he tried to launch Arma 2, it said it was the first time running the game again if you know what I mean... Joy!  

For whatever reason steam wanted him to run regular arma 2 again and he didn't realize.  Well he didn't even know what an RPT was.. Now when he joined the problem was solved.

Hope this can help some people.

The above is a temp fix till the next one gets trouble.

the following fixes it for all players:

Here what I did and appears to be working like a champ:

I pulled all the endLoadingScreen; I had put in my init.sqf.  I then midfied my copiles.sqf

Reoplaed this line:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

With:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };

The above is a temp fix till the next one gets trouble.

the following fixes it for all players:

This does not work for my users.  They get a black screen with icons on the right.

However, if the users are able to load in (and still have the auth issue) and then infistar fails to init and they are kicked.  If the users flush their VRAM infistar kicks on and authenticates them.

This does not work for my users.  They get a black screen with icons on the right.

However, if the users are able to load in (and still have the auth issue) and then infistar fails to init and they are kicked.  If the users flush their VRAM infistar kicks on and authenticates them.

Same problem here. I never have this problem myself but people report to have a black screen with icon and a working chat frequently. Flushing VRAM, changing resolution in the video options while being on the server or relogging entirely solves it.

The problem with this fix is, that it doesn't continue to compile for the client.. meaning that they often dont get their actions. This is causing a lot of friendly fire deaths, no humanity changes on kills, friendly fire kills mean people often respawn where they died.

The problem with this fix is, that it doesn't continue to compile for the client.. meaning that they often dont get their actions. This is causing a lot of friendly fire deaths, no humanity changes on kills, friendly fire kills mean people often respawn where they died.

With my fix?  actually my fix simply solves the starting process failed if your ARMA 2 needs to be run again and it WILL NOT CAUSE ANY OF THE PROBLEMS YOU SAID.   If you are referring to insertcoins' fix well as I'm about to explain I definitely don't recommend doing that.  

I never had this problem until I installed Infistar. Last night I installed it and now I've had several players tell me this is happening. It's happened to me a bunch of times too. The last time I was able to get into my server, I connected through the in-game browser instead of DayzCommander.

My fix is for if you are getting stuck at the very end of loading screen, as in your character is in game and you can hear sounds but you just see the end of the loading screen.  It really has nothing to do with infiSTAR, I can vouch because I run infiSTAR and like I said me and my players never get stuck on loading screen, ever.  The only ONE person that got stuck was because of an improper LOCAL installation. IE steam did not recognize Arma2 regular as have being run before.  Most likely due to updating the EXE file and then not running it.... some players just don't pay enough attention when they are updating, so I can really see this as being the issue.  And it will not always happen either, sometimes the guy could get in and most other times he got stuck on load screen, but once he ran his arma 2 and fixed the issue it never happened again.  I've not added any (endLoadscreen;) scripting at all in my server.  I feel that it is not necessary, really a dirty fix, and I don't recommend it.  I tried it before and it didn't seem to help at all... just the opposite actually.   I feel that these load problems are LOCAL CLIENT issues, not server issues unfortunately.  And adding endLoadscreen should not be necessary.  The only recommendation I have is to always check .RPT for the errors, teach your problem players about the local RPT.  

FYI:  I am currently running (1.0.5.1/125548)

infiSTAR build: 13072014IAHAT332B  (you can see your exact build in ah.sqf)

note that my infiSTAR build is about a month old.  each build can have different issues, for example the only issue I've found with my build is that players can not get into the options menu it just closes.  and there might even be an easy way for me to fix that.. but its not a huge problem.  It's working well with all my scripts etc, no other issues which is why I haven't updated it.  So I can't really say about the specific version of infiSTAR that you are using, but infiSTAR has never caused me any loading errors that I can think of.

Again check the RPT.  also please describe in detail the problem.. is it a grey screen, is it the loading screen, if so does it say anything on the loading screen when it freezes or in the RPT. 

Here's my client side RPT log from when I try connecting via DayzCommander: http://pastebin.com/jwD0C1fS

This only started after installing Infistar. Before that there were no reported issues of players getting to the loading screen and just sitting there.

Here's my client side RPT log from when I connect with the in-game browser, which works every time: http://pastebin.com/TNRMyZ2E

I can only assume that something about Dayz Commander is causing Infistar to interfere with connecting? I do know that I applied a Dayz Commander update last night too.

With Dayz Commander, I get all the way past the whole authentication process and then I sit at the loading screen. The number counting in the bottom of the screen usually stops moving after 3 - 5. With the in-game browser, I get in fine.

My Infistar version is 01082014IAHAT333

I had a couple people report this problem to me today, strangely enough, and my first post didn't help them.  although using the Shift - flush did seem to help.

google for how to flush arma 2 and see if activating the flush ingame helps at all. seemed to help for my players.

nothing will open simply press left shift and then - on numpad (ingame) and then release and type flush.  The screen will go black, it will say flush activated and then it will say receiving data and return you to the game.  Try doing this at the main menu until you get it to work. 

@BetterDeadThanZed

From your local RPT:

== E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -skipIntro -high -nosplash -skipintro -noPause -world=empty -cpucount=6 -exThreads=7 -winxp -maxmem=2047 -mod=@dayz;@dayz_epoch -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=192.99.16.163 -port=2332 "-mod=E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;"

;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;

This crap shouldn't be in your RPT at all mate.  DayZ commander is loading the wrong mods.  Try looking in the settings and disable the thing that says use steam beta?

Also check in steam library properties set launch options and remove any launch options that might be hiding in there

So I have the same problem.   I can log in the first time fine.  But cannot log in a second time unless I restart the server.  Even the first time though, on the console, once it gets to "Mission read", it take a longer time to load than it used to with 1.0.4.x.  The console runs through a lot of HiveExt Methods and Results real fast and the game starts.  After I disconnect, the console continues to step through the Methods and Results but real slowly.  So when I logon a second time, the Method/Result pairs start going fast but then slow down to about one pair every 10-15 seconds.  Then I'm stuck at the Dayz Epoch screen, with the count-up stuck on 2.  I can hear the sounds but get no further.  I have to restart the server every time.  This is plain vanilla Epoch, Chernarus map, no scripts or changes from the vanilla whatsoever.   The RPT has a lot of repetitive entries about strange convex components, I get a few unknown animation sources, a few remote object not found's, and a couple of PUBLISH : Created "vehicles".  Other than that, nothing radically or obviously wrong.  

I'm installing 1.0.5.1 on a server in my house.   I'm doing a clean install.  I successfully upgraded my non-Steam licenses to Steam.  I downloaded the latest server and client files.  I installed Arma2 and Arma2OA, playing each individually, launching from Steam (Steam runs as admin).  I went back in Steam and selected the last beta patch in the list.  All those steps are pretty consistent no mater whose steps I follow.  But from there, I've found probably five variants of how to install Dayz Epoch.  Many aren't even installs at all, but upgrades.  So what links have you found for the best and most successful clean installation process (not upgrade)?  One that uses the latest versions, Steam licenses, latest Steam updates, etc.?  Or do you have any idea what went wrong?  I've tried a clean install twice with the same result.  Before trying again, I'm soliciting advice or links.

Its missing the semicolon

};
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf" //<-----
//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

Should look like this

};
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"; //<-----
//Start Dynamic Weather

Its missing the semicolon

};
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf" //<-----
//Start Dynamic Weather

Should look like this

};
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"; //<-----
//Start Dynamic Weather

Nah.  You shouldn't put semi colon on #include lines.

• 2 months later...