blueman

We spawn "swimming in the ground" with a very high percentage.

13 hours ago, ebaydayz said:

@Liquid84 yes

@Cubitron Ok, it must not happen at all spawn points, because I did test on Napf before release. Apparently it is only spawning or relogging on certain parts of Napf and Tavi (among other maps) that do it. If you can post your coordinates or the area on Napf where it happens consistently that will be helpful.

It happens when ever a player logs in, or respawns. I've had to relog  to fix it. 

After some more testing I was able to reproduce it consistently when relogging at certain spots near the coast on Napf.

After these two changes I could not reproduce it on the same spot and several other spots. So it appears to be fully fixed with this:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/6ecdabc92d3be290a40ea6b40b2f13eb201f4874

Overwrite those two files with the changes and test again. Let me know if you are still able to reproduce. If so please give me the coordinates.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, ebaydayz said:

After some more testing I was able to reproduce it consistently when relogging at certain spots near the coast on Napf.

After these two changes I could not reproduce it on the same spot and several other spots. So it appears to be fully fixed with this:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/6ecdabc92d3be290a40ea6b40b2f13eb201f4874

Overwrite those two files with the changes and test again. Let me know if you are still able to reproduce. If so please give me the coordinates.

Thanks.

So far so good, @ebaydayz

Hey Guys,

I don't want to create a new thread with the same topic.
In this case I know it's doubleposting and I am sorry for that but I have to push this thread.

My server is running well on 1.0.6 but this is the only "major-bug" I currently have.
I searched half the internet but unfortunately unsuccessful.

As I mentioned in my post before I am running my server on Lingor Island but people in this thread reported about different maps as well so I think it isn't a map-specific issue.

I have tried the way of @ebaydayz but it didn't work:

The bug occurs in several places. It makes no difference whether on the coast or inland.

I can not imagine I am the only one with this problem.
I don't want to annoy anyone with this bug and it makes a very bad impression of my server.

Thank you very much.

these files are allready like this(all the statements are included) in my dayz code.pbo

so i don´t really see the prupose of overwritting the files with the ones given by you

btw im using epoch 1061 if that makes any difference

23 hours ago, Cherdenko said:

these files are allready like this(all the statements are included) in my dayz code.pbo

so i don´t really see the prupose of overwritting the files with the ones given by you

btw im using epoch 1061 if that makes any difference

Your replying to an old thread. This was with 1.0.6. 1.0.6.1 has the changes included.

19 hours ago, Cherdenko said:

i know but the problem still exists

players still spawn in swimming

You are the first person to report it on 1.0.6.1. If you can reproduce it on a stock server with no third party mods or scripts installed, then please open an issue on Github with steps to reproduce and the map you are running:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/issues

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By KELLEY
      If you are running a post apocalyptic Napf map I think you may want to use this.
      I made a small mod with permission for Napf. It can be found in the Arma 3 Steam Workshop.
      Here is a link to a 1 minute video. I don't know if this is the correct place to post. Feel free to move it.
      Enjoy.
      https://youtu.be/sP8Z_nMUMXo

• By JakeQue
      Is there anyway to add a disable footsteps for admins?

Also I would love to be able to spawn a mission in from the admin menu, I tried some code but it just breaks Infistar, it would seem it is executing it automatically.

Thank you!
    • By JakeQue
      Hi, me again.

For some reason when i spawn in and collect coins or loadout the next time i disconnect and come back it puts me back into spawn and money is all disappeared. 

There's no hive errors.
      The only error in the Server RPT is :
      And I have 2 errors in my client RPT. Looks like they relate to zsc but I have reinstalled it from scratch and still the same.
      and 

Sorry to be such a noob with this one!!
    • By Tricks
      Hello community,
      I am working on a custom mission that takes place over the waters of Chernarus. Its actually an Aircraft Carrier mission I had on my server in 2014. However I can't seem to get loot to spawn on the ship.
      Has anyone had any success in spawning custom loot boxes over water or on the carrier?
      Thanks!
    • By randall421
      The loot spawning on my server will respawn or cycle right infrnt of you if you move more than 5m away or if someone else near you moves 5ft away. I check player_spawncheck.sqf and it looks fine. 
      player_spawncheck.sqf 
      //player_spawncheck.sqf private ["_isWreck","_maxControlledZombies","_looted","_zombied","_doNothing","_spawnZedRadius","_serverTime","_age","_nearbyBuildings","_position","_speed","_radius","_maxlocalspawned","_maxWeaponHolders","_currentWeaponHolders","_maxtoCreate","_inVehicle","_isAir","_isLand","_isSea","_Controlledzeddivided","_totalcrew","_nearby","_type","_config","_canSpawn","_dis","_checkLoot","_islocal","_bPos","_zombiesNum"]; _age = -1; //_nearbyBuildings = []; _position = [player] call fnc_getPos; _speed = speed (vehicle player); _radius = 200; //150*0.707; Pointless Processing (106.5) _spawnZedRadius = 20; /* //Tick Time PVDZ_getTickTime = player; publicVariableServer "PVDZ_getTickTime"; */ //Total Counts _maxlocalspawned = round(dayz_spawnZombies); _maxControlledZombies = round(dayz_maxLocalZombies); _maxWeaponHolders = round(dayz_maxMaxWeaponHolders); _currentWeaponHolders = round(dayz_currentWeaponHolders); //Limits (Land,Sea,Air) _inVehicle = (vehicle player != player); /* _isAir = vehicle player iskindof "Air"; _isLand = vehicle player iskindof "Land"; _isSea = vehicle player iskindof "Sea"; if (_isLand) then { } else { }; if (_isAir) then { } else { }; if (_isSea) then { } else { }; */ _doNothing = false; if (_inVehicle) then { _Controlledzeddivided = 0; //exit if too fast if (_speed > 25) exitwith {_doNothing = true;}; //Crew can spawn zeds. _totalcrew = count (crew (vehicle player)); if (_totalcrew > 1) then { _Controlledzeddivided = 2; //Dont allow driver to spawn if we have other crew members. if (player == driver (vehicle player)) exitwith {_doNothing = true;}; } else { _Controlledzeddivided = 4; }; if (_Controlledzeddivided > 0) then { _maxControlledZombies = round(_maxControlledZombies / _Controlledzeddivided); r_player_divideinvehicle = _Controlledzeddivided; }; }; if (_doNothing) exitwith {}; /*if ("ItemMap_Debug" in items player) then { deleteMarkerLocal "MaxZeds"; deleteMarkerLocal "Counter"; deleteMarkerLocal "Loot30"; deleteMarkerLocal "Loot120"; deleteMarkerLocal "Agro80"; _markerstr = createMarkerLocal ["MaxZeds", _position]; _markerstr setMarkerColorLocal "ColorYellow"; _markerstr setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"; _markerstr setMarkerBrushLocal "Border"; _markerstr setMarkerSizeLocal [_radius, _radius]; _markerstr1 = createMarkerLocal ["Counter", _position]; _markerstr1 setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed"; _markerstr1 setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"; _markerstr1 setMarkerBrushLocal "Border"; _markerstr1 setMarkerSizeLocal [_radius+100, _radius+100]; _markerstr2 = createMarkerLocal ["Agro80", _position]; _markerstr2 setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed"; _markerstr2 setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"; _markerstr2 setMarkerBrushLocal "Border"; _markerstr2 setMarkerSizeLocal [80, 80]; _markerstr2 = createMarkerLocal ["Loot30", _position]; _markerstr2 setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed"; _markerstr2 setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"; _markerstr2 setMarkerBrushLocal "Border"; _markerstr2 setMarkerSizeLocal [30, 30]; _markerstr3 = createMarkerLocal ["Loot120", _position]; _markerstr3 setMarkerColorLocal "ColorBlue"; _markerstr3 setMarkerShapeLocal "ELLIPSE"; _markerstr3 setMarkerBrushLocal "Border"; _markerstr3 setMarkerSizeLocal [120, 120]; diag_log ("LocalZombies: " +str(dayz_spawnZombies) + "/" +str(dayz_maxLocalZombies)); //Logging diag_log (format["%1 Local.Agents: %2/%3, NearBy.Agents: %8/%9, Global.Agents: %6/%7, W.holders: %10/%11, (radius:%4m %5fps).","SpawnCheck", _maxlocalspawned, _maxControlledZombies, _radius, round diag_fpsmin,dayz_currentGlobalZombies, dayz_maxGlobalZeds, dayz_CurrentNearByZombies, dayz_maxNearByZombies, _currentWeaponHolders,_maxWeaponHolders]); };*/ // nearObjects is faster than nearestObjects when sorting by distance isn't needed // "Building" includes House and all of its child classes (Crashsite, IC_Fireplace1, IC_Tent, etc.) _nearby = _position nearObjects ["Building",_radius]; _maxlocalspawned = _maxlocalspawned max floor(_maxControlledZombies*.8); if (_maxlocalspawned > 0) then { _spawnZedRadius = _spawnZedRadius * 3; }; //Spawn Zeds & loot in buildings { _type = typeOf _x; _config = missionConfigFile >> "CfgLoot" >> "Buildings" >> _type; _canSpawn = isClass (_config); if (_canSpawn) then { _dis = _x distance player; _checkLoot = (count (getArray (_config >> "lootPos"))) > 0; _islocal = _x getVariable ["", false]; // object created locally via TownGenerator. //Make sure wrecks always spawn Zeds _isWreck = _x isKindOf "CrashSite"; //Loot if (getNumber(_config >> "lootChance") > 0) then { if (_currentWeaponHolders < _maxWeaponHolders) then { //Basic loot check if ((_dis < 125) and (_dis > 30) and !_inVehicle and _checkLoot) then { _serverTime = serverTime; _looted = (_x getVariable ["looted",_serverTime]); _age = _serverTime - _looted; //Building refresh rate if (_age == 0 or (_age > getNumber(_config >> "lootRefreshTimer"))) then { _x setVariable ["looted",_serverTime,!_islocal]; _x call building_spawnLoot; if (!(_x in dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor)) then { dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor set [count dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor, _x]; }; //diag_log [ diag_tickTime, "new loot at",_x,"age:", _age, "serverTime:", _serverTime]; }/* else { diag_log [ diag_tickTime, "won't spawn loot at",_x,"age:", _age, "serverTime:", _serverTime]; }*/; }; }; }; //Zeds if (getNumber(_config >> "zombieChance") > 0) then { if (_dis > _spawnZedRadius) then { _serverTime = serverTime; _zombied = (_x getVariable ["zombieSpawn",_serverTime]); _age = _serverTime - _zombied; if ((_age == 0) or (_age > 300)) then { if (!_isWreck) then { if ((dayz_spawnZombies < _maxControlledZombies) and (dayz_CurrentNearByZombies < dayz_maxNearByZombies) and (dayz_currentGlobalZombies < dayz_maxGlobalZeds)) then { _bPos = getPosATL _x; _zombiesNum = count (_bPos nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",(((sizeOf _type) * 2) + 10)]); if (_zombiesNum == 0) then { _x setVariable ["zombieSpawn",_serverTime,!_islocal]; if (!(_x in dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor)) then { //add active zed to var dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor set [count dayz_buildingBubbleMonitor, _x]; }; //start spawn [_x] call building_spawnZombies; }; //diag_log (format["%1 building. %2", __FILE__, _x]); }; } else { _bPos = getPosATL _x; _zombiesNum = count (_bPos nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",(((sizeOf _type) * 2) + 30)]); //Should be a wreck if (_zombiesNum == 0) then { [_x,_isWreck] call building_spawnZombies; }; }; }; }; }; }; } forEach _nearby; At first I thought it was a respawn timer issue or something like that but if you don't move the loot will stay, you have to back away from it or someone else has to get within range and its not like you have to run away for this to happen, you can just back up a few steps and watch the loot change right infront of you. I have been playing around with it just trying to see if i can figure it out but if anyone knows what i should do or can at least point me in the right direction it would be a huge help.

Thanks
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Advertisement
  • Discord