[Release] Dayz.Epoch.3d.Editor.Live.Mission

Sandbird

Small Update on progress:

Just managed to use the normal server_monitor.sqf to spawn whatever OBJECT_DATA table holds when mission starts.

All vehicles and buildings spawn just like the server does it when the mission starts :)

It even spawns new map vehicles based on the MaxVehicleLimit value in the init.sqf and adds them in the database  ahahaha

Next step is to remove the fake database method and just initialize the player from the CHARACTER_DATA, based on the playerUID you set on the demo player.

Epicnesssss

Update:

I am done with the update. It has FULL database interaction !

EVERYTHING will work just like the way the server/client does it.

Traders, salvage, updating character info per second, object_data objects spawn on mission start,e-e-e-e-everything :)

I'll make a new thread cause maybe some people dont want to play with databases and like this simple way.

Update:
- Rewrote the player_monitor.sqf and the setup_char for fake database entry. (Its cleaner now)
- Added definitions in description.ext hoping to fix if !(isNull (findDisplay 46)) then {}  (its not working in the editor)

How i must to change this line, i try but nothing works. Im not big Programmer so help me 

if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in ModList) then {

when i make it like this one

if ((player getVariable ["playerUID", 0]) in AdminList || (player getVariable ["playerUID", 0]) in ModList) then {

not working

b_560_95_1.png

Did you add your UID in the superadmins.sqf ?

Adminlist array takes the uids you have there.

Are you using the default setup or the database setup in init.sqf?

Did you follow the instructions and added your UID in the files 1st?

Did you add your UID in the superadmins.sqf ?   YES!

Adminlist array takes the uids you have there.    

Are you using the default setup or the database setup in init.sqf?      DefaultTruePreMadeFalse = true;

Did you follow the instructions and added your UID in the files 1st?  What files? I add UID everywhere.

b_560_95_1.png

If you have changed my default 11111 for UID then you have to make sure you did it everywhere.

In \dayz_code\init\setupChar.sqf at the bottom of the file change: 

player setVariable ["playerUID", "111111", true];

and add instead of 111111, the UID you want the player to have.

In \superadmins.sqf replace 111111 with the id you put in the previous file.

In \dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf at the top of the file there is :

_adminList = call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "superadmins.sqf";

This _adminList value will hold your UID that you put in superadmins.sqf

so further down when you want to create a function that only admins would see you do :

_playerUID = player getVariable ["playerUID", 0];
if (_playerUID in _adminList) then {
   cutText ["I am inside a function that only admins have.", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

Now in the code you gave me above you are using Modlist....Did you make a modlist.sqf and added the 'mod'  UIDs there?

Did you create a variable to hold that file ? 
(by the way you are using global variables to hold the Lists ? so for your example it should be:

AdminList = call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "superadmins.sqf";
ModList   = call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "modlist.sqf";

only then you could do :

if ((player getVariable ["playerUID", 0]) in AdminList || (player getVariable ["playerUID", 0]) in ModList) then {

Global variable are different that Local variables.

Adminlist is not _adminlist

And a final note....This mission file is made to help people test/write scripts in the Editor with ease.

If you dont know how to write scripts, i would suggest you start reading....
The above was a courtesy and wont be repeated inside this thread. I cant be teaching you how to write code in here. Other people dont want to read irrelevant posts to the thread's topic.

• 1 month later...

Your map editor have bugs (I think). When I saved My mission map the road was crashed.

Look on the picture:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s65YGpYqNLM/U7RFrqZD-GI/AAAAAAAAANU/3VsMjMLquEw/w1580-h889-no/arma2oa+2014-07-02+19-30-48-70.bmp 

(If I made a mistakes in words sorry. I'm from Poland :))

Your map editor have bugs (I think). When I saved My mission map the road was crashed.

Look on the picture:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s65YGpYqNLM/U7RFrqZD-GI/AAAAAAAAANU/3VsMjMLquEw/w1580-h889-no/arma2oa+2014-07-02+19-30-48-70.bmp 

(If I made a mistakes in words sorry. I'm from Poland :))

Its not my map editor :P Its Arma's. I couldnt possibly be able to make that map look like this even if i wanted to :P

The landscape is not flat. After you save the mission and grab the the .sqf file you have to (i think) add the vector up command to 'attach' them on the ground.

On every road object add this to it:

_this setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];

so for example if you had:

_vehicle_4614 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["EntranceGate_EP1", [13395.145, 5733.0786, 2.1457672e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_4614 = _this;
  _this setDir -178.35524;
  _this setPos [13395.145, 5733.0786, 2.1457672e-005];
};

Do it:

_vehicle_4614 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["EntranceGate_EP1", [13395.145, 5733.0786, 2.1457672e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_4614 = _this;
  _this setDir -178.35524;
};

Its not my map editor :P Its Arma's. I couldnt possibly be able to make that map look like this even if i wanted to :P

The landscape is not flat. After you save the mission and grab the the .sqf file you have to (i think) add the vector up command to 'attach' them on the ground.

On every road object add this to it:

so for example if you had:

_vehicle_4614 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _vehicle_4614 = _this;
  _this setDir -178.35524;
};

Do it:

_vehicle_4614 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _vehicle_4614 = _this;
  _this setDir -178.35524;
};

Ok. It works. Thanks ;)

But is there easy way ?

You could right click and edit every road in the map and add that command in that init box. Ita the same thing. No easier way....Arma editor sucks

Ok. Thanks. I have another question.

In your map editor can I edit my server map created earlier?

If I can. How ?

Ok. Thanks. I have another question.

In your map editor can I edit my server map created earlier?

If I can. How ?

You mean import an .sqf file for edit ?

well you cant 'move' things around from an .sqf file...it just imports the buildings and thats it....you can only see them.

You would have to convert the .sqf file to .beidi file. Beidi is the editor's extension file...and converting an .sqf to .beidi is hard. There is no script to do it automatically.

You have to open a .beidi file in a mission you loaded in the editor...then see how its structured then open your .sqf file and one by one add the objects inside the beidi file with the proper structure the file needs.

After that you save and reload your mission in the editor...and you should be able to see everything there in 3d....and move them around.

If i am not mistaken you can load them up in the 2D editor and move them around in 2D...but thats totally blind editing...you cant be sure what goes where.

Sorry...it would be easier to just redo your map in the editor and then save that .beidi file for future edits.

Again help. Object created in editor doesn't work on my server :(. I created my map in editor and I saved it (mission.sqf and mission.biedi) in Dayz_Server/Missions and when I start my server there was object's created by server but not by editor  :unsure: .

Again help. Object created in editor doesn't work on my server :(. I created my map in editor and I saved it (mission.sqf and mission.biedi) in Dayz_Server/Missions and when I start my server there was object's created by server but not by editor  :unsure: .

you only need the .sqf file not the .beidi for the server.

You also need to 'run' the file from the dayz_server to be loaded on map.

Open your dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf and at the bottom of the file put your map file like this :

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\custom_buildings\mymap.sqf";

(Assuming inside the dayz_server folder you have a sub folder called custom_buildings and in there is your map .sqf  called mymap.sqf)

Recombile the dayz_server into a pbo....and restart your server...

you only need the .sqf file not the .beidi for the server.

You also need to 'run' the file from the dayz_server to be loaded on map.

Open your dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf and at the bottom of the file put your map file like this :

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\custom_buildings\mymap.sqf";

(Assuming inside the dayz_server folder you have a sub folder called custom_buildings and in there is your map .sqf  called mymap.sqf)

Recombile the dayz_server into a pbo....and restart your server...

All right. I did all what you wrote above but now when i try join my server i can't get in the game. All the time write "Requesting Authentication" and then "Retrying to Authenticate" and at the end "You must be close to a rock to mine ore". That's all  :blink:

All right. I did all what you wrote above but now when i try join my server i can't get in the game. All the time write "Requesting Authentication" and then "Retrying to Authenticate" and at the end "You must be close to a rock to mine ore". That's all  :blink:

Dude this is not the place for this ...this is clearly the wrong thread since you are missing the basic skills to load an external file...but i'll bite...you probably forgot a ' ; ' or something in your code...but without proper log file errors i cant be sure.

Check your logs, located here:

Server Log file: \arma 2 operation arrowhead\instance_11_Chernarus\arma2oaserver.RPT

Client Log file: C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

First check your server log file when you get this error.....actually....delete both files first, (server file is located at the server, client file is in YOUR computer), then restart the server, join, get the error, close the server and then check the error in the server log...at the bottom of the file...there should be the error you are looking for...if you dont see anything there..then check your client log file...and report back.

Dude this is not the place for this ...this is clearly the wrong thread since you are missing the basic skills to load an external file...but i'll bite...you probably forgot a ' ; ' or something in your code...but without proper log file errors i cant be sure.

Check your logs, located here:

Server Log file: \arma 2 operation arrowhead\instance_11_Chernarus\arma2oaserver.RPT

Client Log file: C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

First check your server log file when you get this error.....actually....delete both files first, (server file is located at the server, client file is in YOUR computer), then restart the server, join, get the error, close the server and then check the error in the server log...at the bottom of the file...there should be the error you are looking for...if you dont see anything there..then check your client log file...and report back.

At the end i get this errors:

21:04:24 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
21:04:24 "HIVE: Starting"
21:04:24 Cannot create non-ai vehicle usm_m998_w_4dr,
21:04:24 Cannot create non-ai vehicle usm_case_mre,
21:04:24 *** Player identity cannot be applied on person 2:16309 (Endriex) - player 2 not found 

And I can't resolve this problem  :unsure:

If it will be useful. There is BotInit.sqf:

private ["_myGuy"];
_myGuy = _this select 0;
_myGuy setIdentity "Endriex";  // Check description.ext
_myGuy setVariable ["USEC_BloodQty",5000,true];
_myGuy setVariable ["CharacterID", "1", true];
_myGuy setVariable ["playerUID", "13732553", true];
_myGuy setVariable ["friendlies", ["111111"], true];  //friend to me

/*
while {alive _myGuy} do {	

sleep 1;
};
*/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sandbird,

first of all: thx a lot for this possibility to edit scripts faster than ever before and all the hard work you have put into it!

Of course, I have a question ;-) I'm using this version as I do not need DB access by now.

Whenever I execute the mission, every script gets executed twice. E. g. I have implemented the Phoenix Admin tools to get god mode and I'll get the options menu twice. E.g. I have written a script, spawning a helicopter and it is spawning two of them.

Adding a diag_log into my init file, the line is fired two times into my RPT.

Any ideas? (Maybe I have overread something)

Thx very much in advance

Hi Sandbird,

first of all: thx a lot for this possibility to edit scripts faster than ever before and all the hard work you have put into it!

Of course, I have a question ;-) I'm using this version as I do not need DB access by now.

Whenever I execute the mission, every script gets executed twice. E. g. I have implemented the Phoenix Admin tools to get god mode and I'll get the options menu twice. E.g. I have written a script, spawning a helicopter and it is spawning two of them.

Adding a diag_log into my init file, the line is fired two times into my RPT.

Any ideas? (Maybe I have overread something)

Thx very much in advance

Yeah its doing it twice because you 'execute' it as a player and as an editor at the same time. I manage to find a trick to run it only once....but it took me 3 weeks to figure out how lol.

You either need to load your admin tool inside my init.sqf (somewhere in the middle of the script where the other 'loads' are ....or do this:

In your initializing script (the script that loads the admin menu) at the very top add:

if (isNil "oneTimeAdmin") then { 
oneTimeAdmin = true; 

and then at the bottom of the file in the end put :

};

This way your admin tool will load only once. Either your player character or the editor player, but thats it....the script will run only once and thats all you need.

I am doing the same thing in the init.sqf...dont use the oneTime variable though since i am using it in the init.sqf....thats why i named this one oneTimeAdmin.