chi

Debug on scroll wheel not showing up

Question

I had this debug back in 1.0.5.1. I was wondering if someone could tell me why this isnt showing up when I place it in my selfactions.

if((speed player <= 1) && _canDo) then {      //default = 1 not 1000
        if (s_player_toggle < 0) then {
              s_player_toggle = player addAction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Toggle Stats") +"</t>"),"custom\custom_stats\custom_stats_my_tweak.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
        };
} else {
                player removeAction s_player_toggle;
                s_player_toggle = -1;
};
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys!!

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, chi said:

I had this debug back in 1.0.5.1. I was wondering if someone could tell me why this isnt showing up when I place it in my selfactions.

if((speed player <= 1) && _canDo) then {      //default = 1 not 1000
        if (s_player_toggle < 0) then {
              s_player_toggle = player addAction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Toggle Stats") +"</t>"),"custom\custom_stats\custom_stats_my_tweak.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
        };
} else {
                s_player_toggle = -1;
};
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys!!

Do you have the following down the bottom of fn_selfActions after this line (ish) https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf#L1134 :

s_player_toggle = -1;

As well as the following in your custom variables.sqf after this line ish https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/init/variables.sqf#L249

s_player_toggle = -1;

2 minutes ago, chi said:

No, I have not added that. I thought they were just to remove the action from the scroll menu.

So I need those for it to even show up?

You atleast need the variables.sqf one for it to show up otherwise you will see undefined variable errors in your client rpt (You should always be checking this)

But both should be used.

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

23 minutes ago, salival said:

You atleast need the variables.sqf one for it to show up otherwise you will see undefined variable errors in your client rpt (You should always be checking this)

But both should be used.

To find this logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

So I added both of those, still no joy. Nothing in the rpt

1 hour ago, chi said:

So I added both of those, still no joy. Nothing in the rpt

This works correctly for me. You're putting it inside the bit in fn_selfactions where it needs to have a cursortarget.

So if you go look at a vehicle or a building or something it will show up

You need to put it down the bottom of your fn_selfactions

3 hours ago, salival said:

This works correctly for me. You're putting it inside the bit in fn_selfactions where it needs to have a cursortarget.

So if you go look at a vehicle or a building or something it will show up

You need to put it down the bottom of your fn_selfactions

I have tried top, bottom ish, and after towing, and after "//custom content" and it still only shows when looking at an item with my cursor? where exactly should i put this? lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tricks
      I have been browsing the forums looking for unique mods to add to my server. I noticed Juandayz deleted a lot of his mods before leaving the community. Just curious if anyone has them all and would possibly repost them giving him full credit? I am particularly interested in his "Admin Skin" and "Debug" mods.

Thanks community, here's hoping someone will step up!
    • By DirtySanchez
      Hey everybody,
      Here is another goodie from me to YOU!
      Real Health System v0.3
      This was started because a couple of community members at EpochMod.Com/Forums got together and took a basic idea and ran with it.
      Their initial work on Hunger and Thirst gave me the inspiration to make it even more involved and more realistic.
      From there I took it that next step and started looking at the other debug values that Epoch gives us and wham, ideas started pouring out!
      I still have many ideas left to add and tweak but this is a good start for the entire community to use in the meantime.
      So, all variables involved here kinda work with each other as well as work with the current health system in place made by Epoch.
      hunger
      thirst
      wet
      temp
      soiled
      toxicity
      immunity
      bloodpressure
      stamina
      damage
      rain
      That's the current list of all variables that come into play.
      Any modifications to this script must be shared back to me(to add to the current script) for the rest of the community to enjoy.
      Please consider donating to Donkey Punch to keep not only the scripts coming but this community alive!
      https://github.com/donkeypunchepoch/DP-Real-Health-System
      Whats in it so far
      too wet, lower temperaturetoo soiled, increase toxicitytoo toxic, lower immunitytoo low of immunity, raise temp - tox lower staminabloddpressure too high, lower stamina, raise temp, increase damage headwound too great, raise temp, lower immunity, raise tox, erase stamina, increase damage Update, just got to understanding bleeding will add it into at least one current and any future ideas that require it.
    • By Jim90
      My server RPT is full of these HIVE: WRITE: Statements.  Is this normal?  Is there a way to turn them off?

• By Chino
      THANK YOU FOR READING.
      This debug is very similar to one offered by a service. After so long, I armed my own Latin American server. I had everything in place as wanted, but something was missing .. I was missing the debug.
      I've been looking for various topics, several forums, or maybe if there was someone who could share it with the community, and I have not succeeded. So why (besides being a beginner) I read about how.
      I will come to share that secure more than one (like me) you are looking for.

THESE ARE THE STEPS.
      Step 1) Go to your "MPMissions" folder, then "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus" (or as your folder is called). If you have a folder named "Custom" in there create a folder called "Debug" and create a file with the following custom_monitor.sqf in and keep within it.

Step 2) Within the "Debug" folder create another debug_init.sqf file with the following.

IMPORTANT: This debug is hidden by mouse wheel. Since doing so by a key is broken.
      Step 3) Go to your "init.sqf" and go to the bottom of everything and paste the following.
      If all goes well, when you open the server will see the debug so. View image. :)
      Well, I hope you like it. It's my first "edition" you could say, so try to do it the best way. I hope to move forward and continue sharing.
      Many thanks to user "Juandayz" for all the support he gave me.
      See you soon!

• By SmokeyBR
      as a server admin i find very dificult finding players reports of abuse or bugs without a time and date so i can check the logs.
      it would be very helpful if there was a time/date right on the players screen so all they would have to do is take a screenshot i would have specific time/date to check. Does anyone know or mind sharing something that would work?
      i have searched and found https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_infoText and http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18353
      havent tested yet i do have a general ideia on how to do it but am not completely sure (most of the stuff i do is by trial and error) so any help here would be great.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord