Patch 1.0.4 Questions and Answers.

Axle

With the coming launch of patch 1.0.4 and the recent Change Log Some questions might be asked.

Q: Will we need to download the two new maps for Epoch?

A: Nope, they are included in the @DayZ Epoch download and require no other download or launch parameters.

Q: How does helicopter vehicle towing work?

A:  Only one chopper can lift vehicles. It's the CH-47 or "Chinook". When lifting a vehicle you need to be at least 5m above the vehicle and no higher than 15m. One person must be on the ground to get the scroll option to attach vehicle. Not all vehicles can be lifted. You are not allowed to enter a vehicle being lifted. Once the vehicle is attached it can be detached by the pilot. You can NOT lift a locked vehicle. You also can not attach a vehicle that has another player in it.

Q: I see "Gems" have been added to mines, what are they for?

A: Gems are sacred stones that hold great value. If you collect and save them you will be rewarded at a later time!

Hey guys just a few questions about the upcoming update.

1.  With the upcoming database changes, will there be two separate tables?  One for vehicles and one for placeables?  Iv been searching around and there has not been a yes or no.  I'm assuming that the code will just read the database differently to read placeables first?

2. With the new lift options, will this interfere with the tow/lift mod (R3F towing)  I know you guys don't support this mod but was just wondering if anyone had insight into it : )

3. If the players keep their safes at 25 and server admins push the update (me : ) will this cause wipes to the safes or will it just delete the last 25 items in the safe?

Thanks for everything guys and cant wait for the update^^  

1. It is currently done in the code and does not need a schema change.

2. You can disable our lift options so that it will not conflict with others.

3. If players have more than 25 weapons in the safe they will spill out on the ground on the first opening of the safe after 1.0.4.

1. It is currently done in the code and does not need a schema change.

2. You can disable our lift options so that it will not conflict with others.

3. If players have more than 25 weapons in the safe they will spill out on the ground on the first opening of the safe after 1.0.4.

Thanks vbawol for the reply ^^ 

Another question that has come to mind ;) will the loot table file be included in the mission files or will we have to build a custom one? If it is custom how do we go about making the file? As in what goes into that file as in structure?

Been discussed plenty before.

search for it on the forums, dont hijack this thread.

Been discussed plenty before.

search for it on the forums, dont hijack this thread.

Perhaps it has but this is a 1.0.4 patch questions and answer thread and since this is newly introduced to the game, and many of us have not edited the loot distribution or types before it is a valid question and one I would like clarification on by the devs. 

So my questions would be:

1. Will a simple tutorial/note/example of the loot editing be included? Am I right in thinking it will allow us to remove the item below? Or add more?
  2. What ammunition was chosen for the Carl Gustav?
  3. It is possible for a last minute tweak to the capacities of the Merlin? You will understand why when you see one in game. 

Thanks!

Another question regarding the custom loot tables:

to my dismay in the changelog I found

[ADDED] MAAWS (rocket launcher) to Helicrash loottable. @Sequisha

On our servers we find it bad enough that satchel charges can spawn at mass graves and now rocket launchers?

• Is there a possibility to enter items into a negative list, so that they do not spawn at all?
  • Failing that, can we please get an export of the standard loot tables into the new loot table file, so it will be possible to simply delete the offending items?

Another question regarding the custom loot tables:

to my dismay in the changelog I found

[ADDED] MAAWS (rocket launcher) to Helicrash loottable. @Sequisha

On our servers we find it bad enough that satchel charges can spawn at mass graves and now rocket launchers?

• Is there a possibility to enter items into a negative list, so that they do not spawn at all?
  • Failing that, can we please get an export of the standard loot tables into the new loot table file, so it will be possible to simply delete the offending items?

1.0.4 comes with the option to use custom loot tables in the mission.pbo, you can alter what spawns and what doesn't in that.

Yes, I know, that's why I'm asking :-)

If there'll be no template mirroring the default loop tables, we'll have to create one from scratch, thus having to reproduce all the effort and balancing the developers have put into it.

So an option for specifying differences only, or, 2nd best, for editing an exported copy of the 'original' table would be much appreciated.

[NEW] Modular building spawning now ahead on server start, vehicles spawning after it. @Skaronator @zabn

[ADDED] Trading now makes change and auto combines into the highest denomination. @vbawol

Those look like the 2 best changes in the list to me.  

Plus the addition of the new Sauerland map, which looks pretty sweet.

I'm looking forward to 1.0.4, hope it's released soon.