Getting your dayZ Epoch Server on to dayZ Commander..

axeman

Question

The purpose of this thread is to establish the required ports to ensure that your dedicated server is safely protected with a firewall and the required ports are open to, obviously, connect to the game server to play and, more importantly, allow any remote access applications you use, e.g. RDP / VNC etc.:

**IMPORTANT**: If you don't currently have a firewall enabled on your remote server and decide to enable it, make sure that you allow the ports for your remote access, or you will lock yourself out !

Default ports are:

RDP (Windows Remote Desktop): 3389

VNC (Vitrual Network Computer) : 5900

I strongly recommend changing the default ports as there are bots out there that will attack them persistently, trying to brute force a password. Once the port is closed they p|$$ off elsewhere. Not going to reveal the port I use but there are plenty of 'free' ones to try..

Now: To make sure that the required ingoing and outgoing ports are opened to allow the game server to communicate with the master server and to register your server for dayZ commander.

We currently have the ports (listed below) open and still do not appear on dayZ commander. Taking the firewall down (briefly) allows the server to appear in dayZC, so it is definitely a port blocked issue.. This is on a Windows 2012 R2 Standard Server. I have picked up ports from various threads and allowed them..

• Allowed As Application:
  • Arma 2
  • Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma2: Operation Arrowhead Beta
  • Allowed Inbound Rules / Ports:
  • All ICMP V4 (Ping)
  • UDP 2303 (dayZ Commander)
  • UDP 6500 (Gamespy Master Requests)
  • Allowed Outbound Rules / Ports:
  • TCP 28900 (Master Server)
  • UDP 27900 (Master Server)

I made the assumption that allowing the applications through the firewall would do it, that appears to have been wrong as whilst writing this post I have just:

Added Allow for Inbound and Outbound on port 2302 for both UCP and TCP...

Yay, server is on dayZ Commander, as a favourite for now, but it is responding and showing server details. Now to work out which of those ports above I don't actually need :)

8 answers to this question

Just a check: Have you not added the server by ip anytime?

I'm not sure if i understand what ports you have opened to make it work, really sorry for that, can be my bad english.

I understand those are the ports you have opened to allow your server to be in DayZ Commander:

• Allowed Inbound Rules / Ports:
  • UDP 6500 (Gamespy Master Requests)
  • Allowed Outbound Rules / Ports:
  • TCP 28900 (Master Server)
  • UDP 27900 (Master Server)
  • Other Ports / Extras:
  • Added Allow for Inbound and Outbound on port 2302 for both UCP and TCP...
  • Extra: Allowed All ICMP V4 (Ping)
Can you confirm, please, Axeman?

Hi,

umm i don't want to be unfriendly, but this is highly outdated. Also DayZ Commander is no longer supported from the Dev. Consider using DayZ Launcher instead.