[Release] Multiple Character Support (now compatible with Epoch 1.0.5.1)

Axe Cop

Hi Axe Cop... And everyone else!

First of all, awesome mod! I'm pretty pumped to get this working on my server. Secondly, I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't find it anywhere in the thread/topic.

I'm having a problem where everything works, the player selection screen, no antihack exceptions/kicks, and the server loads fine.. but when any new or existing character is spawned they are invisible in 3rd person with no blood (everything is grey), broken bones, starving, and thirsty. But according to my character_data table, the character is perfect health. I can also run around as if I'm perfect health and everything's fine.

I have tried manually eating, blood bagging, taking morphine, changing clothes, etc... but only some things work.

Eating, drinking, and taking morphine, seem to fix those problems.. but it's impossible for me to put on clothes without using admin tools, and when I try to blood bag I get this message "/z/addons/dayz_code/gui/status_blood_inside_8_ca.paa not found" 

Here's what I see in third person
post-17272-0-33383600-1403580338_thumb.j

I can't seem to fix the grey screen that's caused by something thinking I have zero blood, no matter what I do... even healing using admin tools doesn't seem to work.

So in summary - It works, and players are created and can be used, but they spawn totally messed up, and can't be fixed.

I hope someone sees this that might be able to help! This is literally the last this I want to add before opening up my server for the public/friends.

P.S - I'm using a ton of your scripts, and they're all amazing!

Thanks!  :)

@atvking: I've never heard of that before, but seems like there is an error somewhere (obviously), did you double check the script installation and are the characters entries created in the database correct?

hard to tell why exactly this is happening, but it seems like you have a problem with the skin/model of the char, usually nothing my mod modifies at all. :/

@Axe Cop: Everything in the DB and tables seems to be fine, including the added column. I'm going to restore a backup and try again when I get off work... I may even restore an old backup with just the antihack and admintools installed to see if that makes a difference, as I'm fairly certain I followed the installation procedure correctly the first time. I don't think I have any mods that effect the skin/model of the character... So I don't know?

Will the modified table work without this mod installed? Or do I have to write some SQL to remove that?

Thanks for the reply!

Since the database change is just an extra column it should be fine with the original HiveExt.dll, I tested the last version of my mod with Epoch vanilla without any other scripts installed and it worked fine, also for many other admins who use other anti hacks and stuff so I don't know why it is not working for you.

All I can say I got some messages about "not working" and then after a few checks there was indeed an error made during the installation of the script.. not saying you made an error but usually it is just that. You know like any casual PC user always says "I didn't do nothing" and they clicked somewhere and cause the problem.. ask any IT professional who works in IT support most user deny they did something wrong or they don't even know it is wrong in teh first place. haha :D

Haha funny thing is I actually work in IT support! (ever heard of PeopleSoft?) People do it ALL the time, and I'm probably just as guilty. I'm not done work yet, but I'll give it a shot asap afterwards and update with the status. The only thing I could think of is that I already had some of the custom SQFs from other scripts, and they might be conflicting. Again, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

@Axe Cop: So I tested it with just iS AntiHack and Epoch AdminTools, and it works great! :D  (The text on the selection screen is kinda messed, but I can live with that)
So because it worked, I retried the installation on the PBOs that contain all the other scripts, and it's still broken :( There's obviously a script/mod conflict, and I will let you know if I find it.

I'm beginning to reinstall everything one by one now... This is going to take awhile!

I am working on an update for Epoch 1.0.5, most likely just a little change but since the player_monitor.fsm needs to be modified it always needs an update with every Epoch patch because that file contains the current Epoch version number at least, so it won't work with the old version... stay tuned please :)

Hi guys

Is there any way to prevent people from abusing this feature? E.g. is there a way to prevent people from switching chars if both chars located close to each other? Otherwise people might have a char to spot and a sniper char to finish the people off. Another approach I can think off would be to have a timeout (e.g. 5 mins) that prevents people from switching the char though I would prefer the location approach.

This is currently the only thing that prevents me from using this AWESOME mod. Anyway once again thumbs up, great work.

Cheers

fkh

there is a timeout of 30 minutes set and a check of distance to the other last used character, you can set in your init.sqf by:

DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 30; //minutes
    DZE_CharacterMinDistance = 1500; //meters

tested now on 1.0.5.1 - is working, no updated needed for newest patch

thanks for testing, I will still compare the hotfix to 1.0.5 and see if and update is necessary later today.

Edit: I compared Epoch 1.0.5 with 1.0.5.1 and not a single script file has changed, so this mod does not need any update, luckily. :)

@SadBoy1981: I don't know what you mean with "database won't run", my mod has nothing to do with the database directely (other than adding a column but that cannot be the problem)?

the distance is for dead chars only, read the first post it is a little explained there and even a sample screenshot of the restrictions.. :D

Hi Axe

Well I knew about the restricions  when you are dead, I just thought there is an additional distance option for chars that are alive.

Anyway thx

Hi Axe

Well I knew about the restricions  when you are dead, I just thought there is an additional distance option for chars that are alive.

Anyway thx

Well no because there is the time restriction, isn't that enough? Distance restriction for all chars is almost impossible because it cannot be saved after a server restart without heavy database modifications...

thanks for testing, I will still compare the hotfix to 1.0.5 and see if and update is necessary later today.

Edit: I compared Epoch 1.0.5 with 1.0.5.1 and not a single script file has changed, so this mod does not need any update, luckily. :)

@SadBoy1981: I don't know what you mean with "database won't run", my mod has nothing to do with the database directely (other than adding a column but that cannot be the problem)?

Where i must to add   ALTER TABLE `Character_DATA` ADD COLUMN `Slot` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `PlayerUID`;

oh boy, I have explained that several times, you just have to run the query or import my file multichar.sql

if you don't know how to run the query Google "how to run SQL query with navicat" .. there are even videos on YouTube for that "problem".

hope that helps :)