[Release] Multiple Character Support (now compatible with Epoch 1.0.5.1)

Axe Cop

This script is pretty awesome, thx for all your work and support!

But i've also a Problem.

I used your config for admin like

if((getPlayerUID player) in ["myPlayerUID"]) then {
    DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 0;
    DZE_CharacterMinDistance = 0;
} else {
    DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 30;
    DZE_CharacterMinDistance = 1000;
};
but it doesn't work... i've to wait 30 min , if i like to switch my char.

If i only use the standard settings, it's work wonderful... any idea?

did you put that config variables before you load the character dialog?

e.g. before _playerMonitor = [] execVM "custom\player_monitor.sqf"; in the init.sqf?

I've set DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 15; in my server and that works fine. just do it at the place where all the other epoch config variables are on the top of the init.sqf.

Yes i've put the config variables at the End from "// DayZ Epoch config" Variables. If i only use the DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = xx; it works fine too. Only the Config with two diffenrent configs doesn't work.

Ok then there is something wrong with your way of detecting an admin I think, you have to show me the whole code if that even works.. but it's not my config variables they work :D

I've used the config that i posted at first.

yeah i mean are you sure that "if" works and is correct? if there is an error or whatever it just executes the else block and you are never recognized as an admin, that's what i mean.

put some simple debug message in the if like diag_log "i am admin"; or something to verify that :)

I think the problem for detecting a admin in the init.sqf is, if you call it too early to check for the playerUID it get false, cause the player will not have a valid one?

Try put the test for admin here:

if (!isDedicated) then {
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
	_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
	if ((getPlayerUID player) in [server_admin_list]) then {
	    DZE_CharacterSwitchTimeout = 0;
	    DZE_CharacterMinDistance = 0;
	};
	_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	
	//Lights
	//if (true) then {
	//	[2,2,false,false,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
	//};
};

hey guys how i can use this for admins only?

ger:

wie kann ich das script nur für admins nutzen? 

you can just use 2 different player monitors, one for admins (my changed one) and one for all other players (the default epoch one). :)

Anyone got this to work for vilayer?

I think there are some reports some pages back yes, read the topic please :)

@Axe Cop, you think you will be able to modify the new HiveExt.dll with your changes ? They added custom child 396 397 to update the datestamp on objects.. (changelog)

We'll see about that, the only problem I see is they haven't updated the official code repository yet so where is the changes? https://github.com/vbawol/DayZhiveEpoch

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what the spawn selecter modifies in the files, but I think it's not easy to merge the files.. did you use the FSM editor or just do it by hand (which would be bad I guess :D)

anyway I need to update this mod to Epoch 1.0.4 since there is a completely new HiveExt this time I have to merge that and otehr things first and I don't have that much time atm so I hope I get it done this week.

(it was the same for over 1 year and now they update it...)

@DrTerrer

You forget one config at your fsm file.

At "Phase One" you have to change

PVDZE_plr_Login2 = [_charID,player,_playerUID];

to

PVDZE_plr_Login2 = [_charID,player,_playerUID,_spawnSelection];

thats the mistake why u spawn in wilderness.

Also u can use my player_monitor.fsm... look there

Remember, it's only works with Version 1.0.3.1!

Hope AxeCop would be update the files soon.. ^^

@DrTerrer

You forget one config at your fsm file.

At "Phase One" you have to change

PVDZE_plr_Login2 = [_charID,player,_playerUID];

to

PVDZE_plr_Login2 = [_charID,player,_playerUID,_spawnSelection];

thats the mistake why u spawn in wilderness.

Also u can use my player_monitor.fsm... look there

Remember, it's only works with Version 1.0.3.1!

Hope AxeCop would be update the files soon.. ^^

Yes, Please make it work with 1.0.4 please! =)

Yeah cant wait till you do AxeCop!

Updated to 1.0.4 without this and finding players will spawn in on a random character slot. Don't want to delete the additional character slots so will have to see how we go until you do your magic.

edit: updated character_data to set alive to "2", where character slot was 2 or 3, so that the server only spawns character slot 1 for now. Tested and works as intended, so will be easily to revert character slots 2 & 3 back to alive once fixed

I am working on an update when i get some time guys, sorry at the moment I am busy with some other work but I hope i get it ready this weekend.

sadly it's not a minor update epoch 1.0.4 changed a lot so it's some work on my side.

@DarkRanger: if you don't use the mod atm the default HiveExt from Epoch will still work, it just chooses the last character the player has created (highest CharacterID, just so you know its not random). :)

Update: I've merged my additions with the new Epoch 1.0.4 HiveExt.dll and also the new player monitor.

Please download the new file in the first post, the installation instruction was a little changed to match the new line numbers but all in all it's the same. :)

with this version only the HiveExt.dll is included and and it should be sufficient to replace that (not the other dlls, since they are now shipped with Epoch 1.0.4 itself).

also the BattlEye filter addition is not needed anymore, since the BattlEye update. :)