mgm

Question

@BetterDeadThanZed,

The other thread got locked - wanted to thank you for mentioning this mod, I wasn't aware such a cool thing existed, I'm using it now, cheers!

My small contribution: I like what Allen created but I wanted to add a feature so that vehicles with turned off engines wouldn't magically continue moving.

This feature is now added & working fine - sharing my modifications below.

SUMMARY OF MY CHANGES
Full ChangeLog can be found in the linked SQF file in step #4 below.

1. New Feature Removed pre-configured "Cruise Control Speed Option" table -- now you can lock your cruise speed to any speed your land vehicle is capable of!
    This is a big improvement IMHO - as detailed in spoiler below.

To be clear: when you activate cruise control, it locks your speed to your vehicle's current lower ten speed.

Examples:
    If you're travelling at 43 km/h and activate cruise control, it locks your speed to 40 km/h.
    If you're travelling at 49 km/h and activate cruise control, it locks your speed to 40 km/h.
    If you're travelling at 51 km/h and activate cruise control, it locks your speed to 50 km/h.
    If you're travelling at 88 km/h and activate cruise control, it locks your speed to 80 km/h.
    If you're travelling at 143 km/h and activate cruise control, it locks your speed to 140 km/h.

2. New Feature - Conditional Check: Cruise Control can activate/stay running, only when the vehicle engine is on. No more magically flying vehicles with powered off (or damaged) engines!
  3. Texts got a revamp - cleaner, easier to follow even at high speed chase and/or in firefight.

COPYRIGHT NOTE

Just to be clear... I only added one feature and changed text & stuff.
All credits go to script creator: Allen Kaganovsky @ http://kaganovsky.ca && https://github.com/allen-k

INSTRUCTIONS

Step #1: Choose the correct option that matches your current setup and proceed accordingly:

Option 1: If you are using a server-side single mission.PBO file ==> Open the spoiler below and proceed with Subtask #1.

Subtask #1 Since you are using a PBO file, first you will need to extract your server-side mission.PBO file using an appropriate PBO handler software such as PBO Manager.
To be clear, your PBO file should be named something like epoch.Altis.pbo or epoch.Chernarus.pbo.
Once it is extracted, continue with Step #2 below.

Option 2: If you are using a server-side mission folder (without any mission.PBOs) ==> Ignore the first spoiler above, simply proceed with Step #2.
Step #2: In your mission directory, create a new subdirectory custom

Step #3: In the new custom directory, create a new subdirectory cruiseControl

Step #4: Save the file from the following link as "custom\cruiseControl\cruiseControl.sqf" http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=qpfxmsxY

Step #5: In your epoch.Altis\init.sqf, add the following to the very bottom:

//==================Cruise Control==========================
// credits: http://opendayz.net/threads/vehicle-cruise-control-server-side-script.18583/

[] spawn
{
waitUntil {!isNil "cruiseControl"};
call cruiseControl;
};

Step #6: In your "epoch.Altis\initServer.sqf"   [or "epoch.Chernarus\initServer.sqf", and so on, modify the underlined bit] to suit your map,     add the following to the very bottom:

// credits: http://opendayz.net/threads/vehicle-cruise-control-server-side-script.18583/

if (isServer) then {
    [] execVM "custom\cruiseControl\cruiseControl.sqf";
};

6 answers to this question

Are you running infistar mgm? My non admin players are only seeing the nitro install option for a split second. It works fine all around for admins. If admin installs it for non admin, it does not work in car for non admin only for admin. Thanks for this extra tho! Very cool and cant wait til my players can use it too ;)

On 03/12/2016 at 7:41 AM, Anthrax said:

Are you running infistar mgm? My non admin players are only seeing the nitro install option for a split second. It works fine all around for admins. If admin installs it for non admin, it does not work in car for non admin only for admin. Thanks for this extra tho! Very cool and cant wait til my players can use it too ;)

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I'm not using infistar, only basic Epoch antihack is installed however it might have been disabled at the time of playing with this, honestly I can't remember as it was many months ago.

Hope you solved the issue since your posting here in March?

7 minutes ago, mgm said:

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I'm not using infistar, only basic Epoch antihack is installed however it might have been disabled at the time of playing with this, honestly I can't remember as it was many months ago.

Hope you solved the issue since your posting here in March?

Wow that was my 1000th post - officially addicted now. Hope VB & axeman giving some gifts at thousand post mark? :)