VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

i want to get all players spawning with quartz radio...for some reason only admins spawn with it

if (!isServer) then {
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {player == player};

while {true} do {_player = player;
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", 
{
player addVest "V_41_EPOCH";
player forceAddUniform "U_C_Poor_1";
player addWeapon "ItemMap";
player addWeapon "ItemCompass";
player addWeapon "ItemWatch";
player addWeapon "EpochRadio0";
}
];
waitUntil {_player != player};
};
};

called from init.sqf

any chance anyone knows why?

thanks

loving the missions vampire best late xmas present i have had :D

i want to get all players spawning with quartz radio...for some reason only admins spawn with it

if (!isServer) then {
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {player == player};

while {true} do {_player = player;
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", 
{
player addVest "V_41_EPOCH";
player forceAddUniform "U_C_Poor_1";
player addWeapon "ItemMap";
player addWeapon "ItemCompass";
player addWeapon "ItemWatch";
player addWeapon "EpochRadio0";
}
];
waitUntil {_player != player};
};
};

called from init.sqf

any chance anyone knows why?

thanks

loving the missions vampire best late xmas present i have had :D

map etc are items so use addItem, probably need to use addItemCargoGlobal.

You can also assign them to their slots using assignItem.

Works perfect for me.... radio idea I like but I would prefer all channels broadcast not just one.  Really need a marker for the loot crate or something that stands out more then the basic cardboard one.  And of course the loot spawn, got 5 re breathers (NATO) and 1 NATO Heli Helm.  BUT the AI are awesome and respond very well by taking cover and entering buildings!  

Kudos Vamp this is why I'm supporting you!

Just added an update to the Github.

Change out the code in your init.sqf and you'll have mission alert sounds.

Link: https://github.com/SMVampire/VEMF/blob/master/Mission%20Files/init.sqf

@TheVampire, Hay thanks. Also nice Job on VEMF, Im loving this.

Are you still planning to incorporate actual loot list and AI load outs the scripts can pull from?

In the loot code can you change the number after "random" to increase the amount off loot that spawns in the crate?

Thanks again for all your hard work on this.

Well....I think I under estimated you Vamp.

I'm enjoying my server again :D

Of course, looting more than just hats will be epic eventually, this isn't TF2 after all. But doing these missions was actually fun and the AI aren't OP like other systems.

Keep it coming Vamp, my server is loving this.

I like the original idea about announcing where a mission is but not showing it on the map. It adds that drama to the fight. However I do like the server to announce its up and what proximity it is in. Maybe a grid number is announced instead that way it doesn't 100% show us the exact location? Repeats the grid number every few minutes in radio?

I like the original idea about announcing where a mission is but not showing it on the map. It adds that drama to the fight. However I do like the server to announce its up and what proximity it is in. Maybe a grid number is announced instead that way it doesn't 100% show us the exact location? Repeats the grid number every few minutes in radio

I like this idea. Maybe have it loop every few minutes.

I am running 7.0 atm and it goes off without a problem. Will try 7.1 later today.

I have noticed that if the mission fails to go off it seems to never try again until restart. If there are no players it seems like it gives up even after a player connects,say 2 hours after restart.

Anyone else seeing this? We are a low pop. servers,both of them.lol so it may be hours until someone joins.

Great work Vampire! Thanks for all your hard work.

I like this idea. Maybe have it loop every few minutes.

I am running 7.0 atm and it goes off without a problem. Will try 7.1 later today.

I have noticed that if the mission fails to go off it seems to never try again until restart. If there are no players it seems like it gives up even after a player connects,say 2 hours after restart.

Anyone else seeing this? We are a low pop. servers,both of them.lol so it may be hours until someone joins.

Great work Vampire! Thanks for all your hard work.

It does go off, but only once. So until it's cleared it won't spawn another.

Yes, that means you have to go searching for the town that is under attack and clear it to force another to spawn.

Well done on the system vampire , works very well , The ai are a very good challenge.

Just a little feedback from my server .

1. Some way to mark the box , like smoke or something

2. A large marker on the map to show the locality of the mission .As i have noticed that just the sound alert is not really enough to grab peoples attention.

3. Customization for the loot boxes , and maybe change the loot box its self to a one of the larger metal ammo boxes like on SEM but use the green or orange rather then the white one

4. rpg`s to be part of the AI`s load out . and have them disappear on death.

thanks for the hard work and i cannot wait to try out the next version.

All is working here fine also on Chernarus, one thing I did notice is that the crate can sometimes fall in a place which makes it very difficult, or in some cases - impossible to find :o

Not sure if this is something you will address somehow with later updates, but all seems nice so far - good work!

• Richie unlocked this topic