[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Hi, that problem was sorted out a couple of pages back here: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=reputation&do=add_rating&app_rate=forums&type=pid&type_id=169618&rating=1&secure_key=3e60410c06a67a91913820acac032bae&post_return=169618

Not sure when you first installed but you may want to diffmerge the latest files to make sure you have this important edit that fixes the doubling up issue.

Thank you RedBaroN, 

I seem to have overseen it.

Doubled checked everything and sadly I have to say that all the lines have already been altered so i never had to add anything or change anything. (my download from github is max 2-3 days old) 

Sadly as to my first post things are still duplicating.

Regards

Huppabubba

I am am having trouble getting the server to work after installing plot for life

the message from my rpt i am getting is

20:53:03 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
20:53:05 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\server_functions.sqf not found
20:53:05 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
20:53:05 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
20:53:05 "HIVE: Starting"
20:53:05 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
20:53:05 Error in expression < select 1)) != "SCALAR")})) then {
if ((_hiveResponse select 1) == "Instance alr>
20:53:05   Error position: <_hiveResponse select 1) == "Instance alr>
20:53:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: _hiveresponse
20:53:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 40
20:53:05 Error in expression <yZ_instance];
_hiveResponse = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;  
if ((((isnil "_h>
20:53:05   Error position: <server_hiveReadWrite;  
if ((((isnil "_h>
20:53:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: server_hivereadwrite
20:53:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 38
20:53:05 "HIVE: trying to get objects"

i cant seem to work it out has anyone got a idea and can help me thanks

:)  thank you

i get this in my rpt log with a previous database, with plot management, vector and paint (mods that caused any database edits)

i have re installed vector for snap build and still have this issue but do not get it with fresh db, any one get around this ? thank you.

Error in expression <then
{
_dir = _worldspace select 0;
if (count (_worldspace select 1) == 3) then >
22:39:10   Error position: <count (_worldspace select 1) == 3) then >
22:39:10   Error count: Type String, expected Array,Config entry
22:39:10 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 105

edit , found out it has to do with the paint vehicle script got it fixed =D hope this helps some one

Hey,

i installed this mod today. I place my plot pole and can build, upgrade and remove buildings.

After server restart i can't build, upgrade and remove anything.The system say that a plot pole is nearby.

My client rpt get spamed with:

if(_isTent && _ownerID == _playerUID) then {
if ((s_pl>
  Error position: <_ownerID == _playerUID) then {
if ((s_pl>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _ownerid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf, line 796
"DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
"DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"

and 

if(_playerUID == _ownerID) then {
_canBuildOnPlot = true;>
  Error position: <_ownerID) then {
_canBuildOnPlot = true;>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _ownerid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\dayz_code\actions\player_upgrade.sqf, line 50
Error in expression <;
};

Any idea?

//solved

Progress update.

Merge of new position code

The new changes for v2.4 (see first post in the thread) have been added to the modular build code.

Rewrite of FNC_GetPlayerUID

I have also rewritten the FNC_getplayerUID function whic was added to Epoch 1.0.5.2 (now 1.0.6) to allow server owners to switch between using the SteamID and tyhe old BIS PUID.  As it was never officially released and as the vast majority of people will now be using the SteamID I have modified it to check if the A Plot for Life variable is set and to return either the SteamID or CharacterID.  This means instead of 5 lines of code in each of the building sqf files I can now put only one or two (dep if the worldspace needs to be set).  

New function FNC_GetPoles

I have also added a new function called fn_get_poles.sqf.  Quite a few of the building scripts need to check if a plot pole is nearby and if so get the nearest.  The new function does this and returns the count of plot poles and the nearest alive pole.  Using it reduces the lines of sqf code by about 2 for each file it is called in.

Beta Testing

As it seems theres no with an interest to do any beta testing I need to sweeten the deal.  Anyone who helps with beta testing will get access to boobytrapping doors 4 weeks before it is released publicly.  The 4 weeks will start from the v2.4 release date and will include any bug fixing period.  

Boobytrapping Doors - If you have a hand grenade then you can upgrade a locked door to boobytrap it.  If the incorrect door code is entered then the hand grenade will be dropped at the position the player was when they boobytrapped the door (make sure you are on the correct side of the door when setting the trap  ;) ).

Hey all, 
     Getting an error in my RPT logs after I tried to install this and server hangs at the splash screen,

19:00:26 Error in expression <etPlayerUID = {
private ["_onlyPUID", ""_who, "_PID"];
_onlyPUID = _this select >
19:00:26 Error position: <_who, "_PID"];
19:00:26 Error Missing ]
19:00:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tavi\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf, line 553
19:00:26 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tavi\Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf, line 553

So I took a look at lines 552-560 in my compiles.sqf that came with it, Which looks like this:

FNC_GetPlayerUID = {
_onlyPUID = _this select 0;
if ((count _this) == 2) then {_who = this select 1}else{_who = player};
_playerUID = GetPlayerUID _who;
if !(_onlyPUID) then {
if !(DZE_APlotforLife) then {
_playerUID = _who getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];
};

I have not modified the compiles at all from the most recent, and did this fresh on a server without modifying any of the files besides exactly what was outlined out in the readme. If you need any of my files let me know and I'll be sure to upload them as soon as possible. Any ideas?

/////EDIT//////

Changed: 

to:

private ["_onlyPUID", "_who", "_PID"];

Server is up and running but when a player places a plot pole, they are told they need a plot within 30 Meters to build.

Hey all, 

Getting an error in my RPT logs after I tried to install this and server hangs at the splash screen,

So I took a look at lines 552-560 in my compiles.sqf that came with it, Which looks like this:

FNC_GetPlayerUID = {
_onlyPUID = _this select 0;
if ((count _this) == 2) then {_who = this select 1}else{_who = player};
_playerUID = GetPlayerUID _who;
if !(_onlyPUID) then {
_playerUID = _who getVariable ["CharacterID", "0"];
};

I have not modified the compiles at all from the most recent, and did this fresh on a server without modifying any of the files besides exactly what was outlined out in the readme. If you need any of my files let me know and I'll be sure to upload them as soon as possible. Any ideas?

/////EDIT//////

Changed: 

to:

private ["_onlyPUID", "_who", "_PID"];

Server is up and running but when a player places a plot pole, they are told they need a plot within 30 Meters to build.

You downloaded the beta v2.4 code from GitHub. 

Change the Github branch to v2.34 then download or download from the dropbox link on the first page of this thread (unless you are doing some beta testing for version 2.4).

I will look at renaming the beta branch with "Beta" to make it clearer.

Hi RimBlock,

Link above is to the Topic a Page back.

Best Regards,

Huppabubba

Need more info on what you mean by duplicating, in game or in DB ?.  Is this before server restart or after ?.  The more details the better.

Please check you have the "_object setvariable["ObjectID", "0"];" at line 39 of the plot_take_ownership.sqf file.

You downloaded the beta v2.4 code from GitHub. 

Change the Github branch to v2.34 then download or download from the dropbox link on the first page of this thread (unless you are doing some beta testing for version 2.4).

I will look at renaming the beta branch with "Beta" to make it clearer.

I downloaded the v2.34 from GitHub, although the last modification done was to the custom folder two days ago.

I just checked again, I don't see a 2.4 in the branch I'm in, I see this:Epoch/A Plot for Life/v2.34 & Snap Pro v1.4.1 and the last folder has the older versions. Did you find the error in your compiles.sqf that I posted anyways? I got it from that exact location. I'll take another look and double check I'm in the right place though, thanks for the quick response!

I downloaded the v2.34 from GitHub, although the last modification done was to the custom folder two days ago.

I just checked again, I don't see a 2.4 in the branch I'm in, I see this:Epoch/A Plot for Life/v2.34 & Snap Pro v1.4.1 and the last folder has the older versions. Did you find the error in your compiles.sqf that I posted anyways? I got it from that exact location. I'll take another look and double check I'm in the right place though, thanks for the quick response!

On GitHub, under RimBlock\Epoch in the top left, there is a dropdown box which will say something like "Master".  Change it to v2.34.

I need to take the version numbers out of the folder names as I am moving to bersioning via branches in GitHub much like the Epoch team do.

I have corrected the bug you found on the v2.4 branch and have confirmed the master branch does not have that update (master is still updated to a post v2.34 status).  I can also confirm that the version of compiles in the v2.34 branch is the one before my modifications to that function in compiles.sqf.

If you look in the browers address bar, the next element after "blob" is the branch.  The address below is from branch "A_Plot_for_live_v2.4" 

https://github.com/RimBlock/Epoch/blob/A_Plot_for_Life_v2.4

Whilst the address below now is from branch "A_Plot_For_Life_V2.34"

https://github.com/RimBlock/Epoch/blob/A_Plot_for_Life_v2.34/

and the frollowing address is from the "Master" thread.

https://github.com/RimBlock/Epoch/blob/master/'

I will look at defaulting to the v2.34 branch to make it easier (default is usually "Master" on GitHub).

RimBlock,
       I used the dropbox version you have, works flawlessly. Can't thank you enough! Our players will enjoy the hell out of this man, great work. 
Thank you so much for updating all that, I can get lost in a cardboard box sometimes, and it shows. Thanks again man, awesome work!

Need more,...

info on what you mean by duplicating, in game or in DB ?.  Is this before server restart or after ?.  The more details the better.

Please check you have the "_object setvariable["ObjectID", "0"];" at line 39 of the plot_take_ownership.sqf file.

My Original Post

Hi there,

I seem to have stumpled appon something that I have not yet seen in the last 49 pages. (sorry again if I missed it)

Following Scripts are running on this server (stable)

-infistar

-plotpole4life (pp4l)

-snapbuild

-vectors

-precisebuild

-doormanagment

The problem is the following:

I have a base that was build prior to pp4l Life times.

So my Player 1 goes up and builds his PlotPole and takes ownership of all items within,

so far so good all works and it is registered in the Database. The Doors with Eyscan work as the should. (these depend on the PUID for them to work that is why I can tell the Take Ownership has worked)

Now Player 2 comes up and removes the newly set PlotPole of Player 1 and reuses it and builds it up again to take ownership. (within a few Minutes)

So far so good all worked well. Everything is written to the database and the doors work as they did with Player 1.

Now there is a Server Restart,

After Server Restart all Items have doubled, once for Player 1 and once for Player 2. So Basically I have everybuidlable Double.

(ALL THIS HAPPENED WITHIN 5-10MINUTES)

Is this a known Issue? Have I overseen something? Do you need any files to varify my potential wrong doing?

Or is it that ownership taken items are not deleted out of the database? Or was the Time were this all happened, to FAST, for the Database to sync?

Best Regards,

Huppabubba

Additional Information

As stated I have gone through the code and found that nothing is out of sync with your latest files.

Everything works like a charm.

The only Problem is this duplicating.

If you need me to test it like redbaron did I would defiantly do so as soon as I have time!

Thanks for your time

My Original Post

Hi there,

I seem to have stumpled appon something that I have not yet seen in the last 49 pages. (sorry again if I missed it)

Following Scripts are running on this server (stable)

-infistar

-plotpole4life (pp4l)

-snapbuild

-vectors

-precisebuild

-doormanagment

The problem is the following:

I have a base that was build prior to pp4l Life times.

So my Player 1 goes up and builds his PlotPole and takes ownership of all items within,

so far so good all works and it is registered in the Database. The Doors with Eyscan work as the should. (these depend on the PUID for them to work that is why I can tell the Take Ownership has worked)

Now Player 2 comes up and removes the newly set PlotPole of Player 1 and reuses it and builds it up again to take ownership. (within a few Minutes)

So far so good all worked well. Everything is written to the database and the doors work as they did with Player 1.

Now there is a Server Restart,

After Server Restart all Items have doubled, once for Player 1 and once for Player 2. So Basically I have everybuidlable Double.

(ALL THIS HAPPENED WITHIN 5-10MINUTES)

Is this a known Issue? Have I overseen something? Do you need any files to varify my potential wrong doing?

Or is it that ownership taken items are not deleted out of the database? Or was the Time were this all happened, to FAST, for the Database to sync?

Best Regards,

Huppabubba

Additional Information

As stated I have gone through the code and found that nothing is out of sync with your latest files.

Everything works like a charm.

The only Problem is this duplicating.

If you need me to test it like redbaron did I would defiantly do so as soon as I have time!

Thanks for your time

A copy of the plot_take_ownership.sqf file would be good.

This was an issue that RedBaron found and the extra line in that sqf file fixed it.

Any errors in your server or client RPT files ?.

Post them up here in spoiler tags please as I cannot access pastebin etc from the office ;)

Here the plot ownership file.

// Plot Take Ownership by RimBlock (http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/user/12612-rimblock/)
//
// This script allows Plot pole owners to take ownership of all allowed buildables on their plot except lockable storage and tents.
//
// Note:
// This code calls server_publishFullObject which also saves damage, inventory and fuel.  Hitpoints are assumed to be empty as this is for buildables only.

private ["_distance","_plotpole","_playerUID","_isowner", "_findNearestObjects","_classname","_objectID", "_objectUID", "_position", "_worldspace", "_object", "_key","_invW","_invM","_invB","_itemsExist","_charID","_inventory"];

_distance = (DZE_PlotPole select 0) + 1;
_plotpole = nearestobject [(vehicle player),"Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"];

_playerUID = [player] call FNC_GetPlayerUID;

// Check is owner of the plot pole.

_isowner = [player, _plotpole] call FNC_check_owner;
_itemsExist = false;

if ((_isowner select 0 )) then {
_findNearestObjects = nearestObjects [_plotpole, [], _distance];
{
_object = _x;
_classname = typeOf _object;
if (_classname in DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems)then {

_isowner = [player, _object] call FNC_check_owner;
diag_log text "Plot Take Ownership: Object in DZE_plotTakeOwnershipItems";

if !( _isowner select 0 ) then{
diag_log text "Plot Take Ownership: Is not already the owner";

_objectID = _object getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
_objectUID = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

PVDZE_obj_Delete = [_objectID, _objectUID, player];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Delete";

_object setvariable["ObjectID", "0"];

if (_classname in DZE_DoorsLocked) then {
_charID = _object getVariable ["characterID",dayz_characterID];
}else{
_charID = dayz_characterID;
};

_position = [_object] call FNC_GetPos;
_worldspace = [round(direction _object),_position,_playerUID];

_invW = getWeaponCargo _object;
{
if ((count _x) != 0) then {_itemsExist = true;};
}foreach _invW;

_invM = getMagazineCargo _object;
if !(_itemsExist) then{
{
}foreach _invM;
};

_invB = getBackpackCargo _object;
if !(_itemsExist) then{
{
}foreach _invB;
};

if (_itemsExist) then{
_inventory = format["[%1,%2,%3]", _invW, _invM, _invB];
}else{
_inventory = "[]";
};

_hitpoints = '[]';
_damage = damage _object;
_fuel = fuel _object;

PVDZE_fullobj_Publish = [_charID,_object,_worldspace,_classname, _inventory, _hitpoints, _damage, _fuel];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_fullobj_Publish";

_object setvariable["ownerPUID", dayz_characterID];
}else{
_object setvariable["ownerPUID", _playerUID];
};
};
};
} count _findNearestObjects;
};

rpts are to old and have been overwritten will have to recreate for actual rpts.

Thanks for your help!

Ok, looks good.  

Do you get the problem after one person takes ownership and then the server reboots or only if one person takes ownership and then someone else takes ownership again and then the server reboots ?.

Would be good to see a couple of the objects DB records as original, after first take ownership and then after second take ownership.

Hi RimBlock, I can confirm that we are seeing locked doors duplicated as well. We also seem to be having an intermittent problem of door codes being set to 000 after take ownership.

We are trying to recreate the issue but failing at the moment. This is just what we are getting from player reports and then confirming the issue.

We'll try and narrow it down and report back.

EDIT: Seems like walls are also still duping although, intermittently. Still trying to narrow down when it's happening...

Hi RimBlock, here is an example of a duped wall. Still can't work out when or how it's happening though....

"ObjectID" "ObjectUID" "Instance" "Classname" "Datestamp" "LastUpdated" "CharacterID" "Worldspace" "Inventory" "Hitpoints" "Fuel" "Damage"
"126265" "130254100784210" "922" "CinderWall_DZ" "2014-12-10 10:16:38" "2014-12-10 10:16:38" "81797" "[10,[13025.4,10078.4,-0.023],""76561197988xxxxx6""]" "[]" "[]" "1.00000" "0.00000"
"126326" "130254100784210" "922" "CinderWall_DZ" "2014-12-10 10:48:59" "2014-12-10 10:48:59" "81797" "[10,[13025.4,10078.4,-0.023],""76561197988xxxxx6""]" "[]" "[]" "1.00000" "0.00000"

EDIT: FYI, the masked playerID's above are the same although I have examples of other duplicate items with different playerID's

Hi RimBlock, I can confirm that we are seeing locked doors duplicated as well. We also seem to be having an intermittent problem of door codes being set to 000 after take ownership.

We are trying to recreate the issue but failing at the moment. This is just what we are getting from player reports and then confirming the issue.

We'll try and narrow it down and report back.

EDIT: Seems like walls are also still duping although, intermittently. Still trying to narrow down when it's happening...

Door codes resetting to 0's is pretty strange as they should be either the lock code or the players characterID.  Are you using any door management scripts ?.

Ok, now to add some debugging code.

In Plot_take_ownership.sqf

Find

_objectUID	= _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

Change to

_objectUID	= _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

diag_log text "-----------------------";
diag_log format["[Plot Take Ownership] Deleting object [ObjectID = %1] [ObjectUID = %2]",objectID, objectUID];

Find

_fuel = fuel _object;

Replace with

_fuel =			fuel _object;

diag_log format["[Plot Take Ownership] Creating object [CharID = %1] [Object = %2]",_charID,_object,_worldspace];
diag_log format["[Plot Take Ownership] Creating object [Classname = %1] [Inventory = %2]",_classname, _inventory];
diag_log format["[Plot Take Ownership] Creating object [Hitpoints = %1] [Damage = %2] [Fuel = %3]", _hitpoints, _damage, _fuel];
diag_log text "-----------------------";

Putting the audit triggers on the object_data table will make it easier to see what is happening with the old and new objects at a DB level and what do the RPT files say for creation and deletion.  Any errors in the Hiveext.log file at all ?.

Hello, I had a question for anybody who can answer this. I am trying to install this, I already have snap pro installed, But i figured i would go ahead and give this a shot instead. I don't quite understand the install instructions, I will explain why.

So first step Replace with

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\variables.sqf";

I already am running a custom variables. So do i have to ditch my old variables file? Because i have some modifications done to that variables.sqf file.

Second issue.

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\A_Plot_for_Life\init\compiles.sqf";

I also have modifications done to my compiles.sqf. As well as other files.

Basically what i am saying here is, Can i run 2 different variables.sqf, As well as 2 different compiles.sqf?

Or what should i do here? I do understand how to install this script, But its not worth losing all my other scripts i have installed. Any tips or information would be appreciated, Thanks.

You will need to merge the variables and compiles files with your existing custom ones and then link to the merged version.  You can run two versions at the same time but you are then defining the same fnctions / variables twice (waste of server effort) and anything that is common in both versions of variables / compiles will only take what the 2nd file defines it as (in load order so last defenition is the one that sticks).

Grab a copy of diffmerge and search for Raymixs tutorial on using it.  Should be fairly straightforward if only those two files need to be merged.

You will need to merge the variables and compiles files with your existing custom ones and then link to the merged version.  You can run two versions at the same time but you are then defining the same fnctions / variables twice (waste of server effort) and anything that is common in both versions of variables / compiles will only take what the 2nd file defines it as (in load order so last defenition is the one that sticks).

Grab a copy of diffmerge and search for Raymixs tutorial on using it.  Should be fairly straightforward if only those two files need to be merged.

Ah! Ok that makes sense. I knew there had to be some sort of solution. I had a feeling i was going to have to manually compare each file side by side which would take quite a bit of effort. However, With that diffmerge software it looks like it takes most of the difficulty out of it. Thank you for the help.

Hi RimBlock,

regarding the Issue RedBaron and me are having, Ill give you my current rundown.

I have a Server running NO PP4L

So built objects are not in anyway affected with the id being written to the DB. 

Now I install PP4L

so the Owner has to claim Ownership for the id's to be written to the DB.

After this all items appear to have the id written to it in the DB.

NOW

Guy 2 comes along dissembles the plot pole and builds it up again and takes ownership of the same objects.

now Both id's are written to the DB duplicating it. once for Guy 1 and Guy 2

(Weirdly enough to this time Only 1 Wall would be visible on the server) (as if the DB is not following suit to what is happening in the game world)

If I hit Restart 

then after I would have 2 Walls, once for id 1 and once for id2

(I know its a little difficult to read, and currently i cant support you with any rpts or logs or db info just can explain of the way to duplicate it)

Problem is that if you are running PP4L from the beginning and you build something NEW, I have absolute no Problem with duplication. Only once I claim Prior build PP4L items.

Hope it helps,

reg. Huppabubba