Hi everybody,

scuse me for intrusion :)

If I did not make mistakes ... maybe I could create a script to unlock the doors through use of the hotwirekit...

I did not understand how the system of credits on scripts works ... so I want to clarify that my work was based on a script of @salival to which I wrote in private before publishing this. I waited a week but not having received an answer...i think it is still right to make available to the community as much as I did...
So all the credits go @salival because i am based on his garagedooropener...

Now...this is my work:

-1) custom variable.sqf:

Spoiler

below this

s_player_manageDoor = -1;

add this

s_player_hwdoor_opener_ctrl = -1;

-2) custom fn_selfActions.sqf:

Spoiler

below this

} else {
        player removeAction s_player_manageDoor;
        s_player_manageDoor = -1;
    };

add this

//Hotwire doors
    if (DZE_doorManagement && (_typeOfCursorTarget in DZE_DoorsLocked) && (_hasHotwireKit)) then {
    _hasAccess = [player, _cursorTarget] call FNC_check_access;
    if (s_player_hwdoor_opener_ctrl < 0 && (!(_hasAccess select 0) or !(_hasAccess select 2) or !(_hasAccess select 3) or !(_hasAccess select 4) or !(_hasAccess select 5))) then {
    s_player_hwdoor_opener_ctrl = player addAction [format["<t color='#ffffff'>Hotwire Door</t>"],"scripts\hwDoorOpener.sqf",_cursorTarget, 1, false];
    };

} else {
    player removeAction s_player_hwdoor_opener_ctrl;
    s_player_hwdoor_opener_ctrl = -1;
    };

-3) in custom script folder (under mission folder);

red text in the script below is needed only if you want to log in .rpt when someone try a hotwiring. If you want this, you have to leave red text in the script and you also have to do step 4

Spoiler

create a new sqf file named hwDoorOpener.sqf and paste into it this code

/*

Author: Unconditional
  Credits: Based on Garage door opener by salival (https://github.com/oiad)

*/

if (dayz_actionInProgress) exitWith {"You are already performing an action, wait for the current action to finish." call dayz_rollingMessages;};
dayz_actionInProgress = true;

private ["_cursortarget","_hotchance","_rollchance","_combi"];

_cursortarget = _this select 3;
_hotchance = 15;
_rollchance = round(random 100);

if (isNull _cursortarget) exitWith {dayz_actionInProgress = false; systemChat "Selected door is NULL!";};

axeDiagLog = format["HOTWIRING tried: %1 at %2 ", (name player), (mapGridPosition getPos player)];
publicVariable "axeDiagLog";

if (_rollchance <= _hotchance) then {
player removeMagazine "ItemHotwireKit";
_combi = _cursortarget getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];
sleep 1;
format ["Lucky, HOTWIRED DOOR, COMBINATION IS: %1", _combi] call dayz_rollingMessages;
} else {
sleep 1;
titleText ["DAMN...Your HOTWIRE IT'S BROKEN...", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
};

dayz_actionInProgress = false;

STEP 4 and 5 to do ONLY if you want to see log in .rpt

-4) in inf.sqf (mission folder);

Spoiler

below this

if (isServer) then {

add this

axe_server_log = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\logtorpt.sqf";
"axeDiagLog" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_log};

-5) in custom script folder (under mission folder);

Spoiler

create a new sqf file named logtorpt.sqf and paste into it this code

private ["_targetObj"];
_targetObj = _this;
diag_log format["ADVICE: %1",_targetObj];

- FINISH :-)

Obviously i think it can be improved and for this reason i make it public, so that those who know more than me can suggest additions or modifications...

For example ... I added a public variable to know via the .rpt file when a hotwire was used and whether it was successful or not.
Maybe you can also add a routine to signal in the map or through text message for all the players that someone is trying to force a door...

I tried it on my server and it seems to work fine.

I await your observations and suggestions.

I repeat: ALL CREDITS GO TO @SALIVAL

Thanks for the attention.

First of all it's a kinda interesting idea and I always love newcomers that come up with new scripts.

Next up, I recommend you use the forum's code formatting and spoilers because this thread looks horrible. :biggrin:
publicVariables are also a thing I wouldn't recommend since they are a huge security gap. When you really need to send something to the server you should better use publicVariableServer. But since you obviously just need it for writing a debug message in the rpt, you can also use diag_log.

Just a small peak for formatting and preventing publicVariables:

Spoiler
/*
  Author: Unconditional
  Credits: Based on Garage door opener by salival (https://github.com/oiad)
*/

if (dayz_actionInProgress) exitWith {"You are already performing an action, wait for the current action to finish." call dayz_rollingMessages;};
dayz_actionInProgress = true;

private ["_cursortarget","_hotchance","_rollchance","_combi"];

_cursortarget = _this select 3;
_hotchance = 15;
_rollchance = round(random 100);

if (isNull _cursortarget) exitWith {
	systemChat "Selected door is NULL!";
};

diag_log format["%1 is trying to hotwire a door at %2!", name player, mapGridPosition getPos player];

if (_rollchance <= _hotchance) then {
	_combi = _cursortarget getVariable["CharacterID","0"];
	sleep 1;
	format ["You're lucky! You hotwired the door, the combination is: %1", _combi] call dayz_rollingMessages;
} else {
	sleep 1;
	"Bad luck! Your hotwire broke!" call dayz_rollingMessages;
};

12 minutes ago, BigEgg said:

@DAmNRelentless, this would be sent to client rpt, not server rpt.

True, you are right. That's why I mentioned publicVariableServer. With that, you don't even have to whitelist it in battleye.

If you want it in server RPT send the message in a variable as publicVariableClient and then create an eventhandler server-side which uses diag_log to post it in the server RPT. :)