1. 1. Which is the best primary?

• MP5 SD
    • G36-SD
    • M3A1 CCO SD
  2. 2. Which is the better sidearm?

• M9 SD
    • Makarov SD
    • PDW SD
  3. 3. Is a silenced sniper rifle with 300m range OP?

• Yes.
    • Probably.
    • I don't know.
    • No.

Alright so I have a tough choice, right now I have been giving myself ammo for silenced guns (I own the server so what the hell, I want to mess around anyways) but, I am wondering what you guys think are the best choices for silenced weapons.

For primary I have been using the MP5 SD and for secondary, the M9 SD but I rarely used the M9. I did just come across the G36-SD, and man it's a nice weapon, not to mention I have found it's ammo before (I think I have 30 magazines stored up of SD ammo, more on non SD ammo). The ammo for the M9 and MP% is much more rare. there are also a couple other good choices.

I also like the SCAR sniper rifle, I love sitting in a field with that thing, but sadly I don't think it spawns naturally yet. I am not sure if the PDW SD spawns naturally but that seems like a good weapon.

I will probably change my weapons for stealth ops to the Makarov SD and G-36. Burst fire is always nice, you just point and a zombies torso and click, and down it goes, and with the G-36 it will be way faster than the MP5 SD It's ammo also seems way way more common, and it can fire non silenced as well I beleive.

Also feel free to discuss the SCAR sniper rifle I'd love to hear peoples thought on it. It would be great for a road side ambush, hide in a bush near an area where they slow down, and they won't see a muzzle flash or hear the gun firing. Sadly it will probably get removed like the 50 cal snipers.

MP5SD

G36-C SD

M4A1 CCO SD

M9 SD

Makarov SD

edit: Whoops the M4a1 is M3a1 in the poll, I'm sure you figured it out though.

It's a no brainer. MP5SD is SILENT to players as well as Zeds like a pistol. You can buy crates of it at the wholesaler AND it can be used as ammo (in your primary) for your PWD SD.

I generally carry a PDW SD with full bandages and 3-4 mags of MP5SD primary ammo along with one of my Mk48 or LRR's

Damn It's a tough choice between the G36 and M4A1. The G34 definitely reaches out farther and has burst mode which is really nice in cities, but the M4A1 feels more accurate, and has less recoil. The Sights are pretty much even.

I guess the M4A1 is better for assault on a vehicle or base and the G36 for close combat.

None of those show up in the game. At least i have never seen them spawn nor for sale at the vendors. 

You can simple add them to the traders (as I have), don't think they are OP just more variety for the players (ok not the tws or aws ones of course haha). :)

You can simple add them to the traders (as I have), don't think they are OP just more variety for the players (ok not the tws or aws ones of course haha). :)

oh shit I didn't realize that tWS meant thermal, a silenced sniper with thermal, now that IS OP, damn.

m4a1 gl holo sd is my favorite

I really like that gun however I think the holo sight on this gun is horrible so I don't use it.  That holo sight is all fuzzy and fat and thick.  It must be an older model from arma 2 or something.    Compare that m4 holo to say the M8 Holo or G36SD Camo and you'll see what I mean.  The clarity on the m8 sd and g36sd camo is excellent. 

I like the M4A1 CCO SD simply because I don't like the sight on the G36-C SD. Helicopter crashes often have ammo boxes and so I've picked up an amazing amount of Stanag SD just driving around the server when it hasn't restarted for a bit. No one had looted all the chopper crashes WAY up north so I stockpiled. 

Our server spawns:

VSS Vintorez

MK17 Sniper SD

M8 Holo SD

Mk17 CCO SD   <--- my personal favorite!

Mk16 CCO SD

M4A1 Holo SD w/GL  <--- another fav b/c of the nade launcher!

G36c Eottech SD

G36c Holo SD 

M4A1 CCO SD

PDWSD

M9SD

Mak SD

Bizon SD

AK 74 Kobra SD

MP5SD

All spawn in loot tables and are in traders :)

The M4A1 with M203 is your best multi-purpose silenced primary. It allows you clear out people camping doorways, or behind vehicles which the standard SD rounds don't have the power to take care of. 

The MP5SD is pretty limited in application although as mentioned it is totally silent. 

Sidearm wise the PDW SD is simply awesome, it uses ammo from the M9SD and the MP5SD, can use 30rnd magazine in the pistol ammo area if you are lucky enough to find them. Has nice open sights and up close switch it to full auto and it will drop players quite quickly. 

None of the sniper rifles are particularly effective, bullet drop on them is excessive with the SCAR you are frequently aiming off the mil-dots to hit anything. In fact I'm pretty sure I've had 300-350m hits with the M4A1 Holo SD easier than with the SCAR. 

The absolutely best gun in the suppressed class is the 

SCAR_H_CQC_CCO_SD

This gun is a beast. 

I Noticed some folks mentioning the M8 SD.

I bought one from the blackmarket trader in Stary  to try out but I have yet to find any ammo for sell or dropped for one. What type of ammo does it use?

So far I am liking the VSS. It's rather hard to get used to the range of it but it's not bad and is very silent. At 30m other players can't tell I shot. It does have way to much punch however. 1 hit body shots to zeds is way high for a 9mm.

I Noticed some folks mentioning the M8 SD.

I bought one from the blackmarket trader in Stary  to try out but I have yet to find any ammo for sell or dropped for one. What type of ammo does it use?

So far I am liking the VSS. It's rather hard to get used to the range of it but it's not bad and is very silent. At 30m other players can't tell I shot. It does have way to much punch however. 1 hit body shots to zeds is way high for a 9mm.

The M8 SD uses STANAG SD rounds, same as many others.

In defense of the VSS, the normal 9mm found in pistols and the MP5 is a 9x19, while the VSS uses a 9x39. It uses a neck upped AK47 case to accomodate a 9mm diameter bullet. Also, the pistol 9mm's bullets weigh 147gr, as opposed to the Vintorez's 250gr projectile. In ballistic terms: Stopping power is a combination of speed, weight, and diameter. So the VSS is a great man stopper for a short range, (max 300-400m), then it drastically drops off. 

The game does a good job portraying the dynamics of the Vinatorez, great up to 300m on a stationary target. But due to it's slow speed it's poor on moving targets or those at the end of it's effective range.

If anything, when they nerfed the 7.62x51 guns (two or more shots to the torso): DMR, M14, SCAR-H, they did a real disservice to the real king of the battlefield, the .308.