hogscraper

A3 Epoch Headless Clients : Walkthrough UPDATED:Dec 22nd

I have not worried too much about hiding it. Though I have run into some issues where I suspect the HC is starving to death.

Hiding the HC and fixing the starving issues are something I have on the 'list of things to do' when a full release of EPOCH comes out.

There are just somethings that can be handled more gracefully at the core server level with a couple of exception statements.

Anyway, making it immune to damage seems to work, and players no longer feel alone in the clone lab :)

upload the face into the HC's arma 3/otherprofiles/headlessclient

add

class Identity
{
	face="Custom";
};

to the profile.

Let me know how you get on adding clothes, will have to try that also :)

*The odd restart it doesn't load up and he's left with a pail face heh

So someone know why?

Because your doing something wrong. Start over if it still dont work

start over again until you figure out what you did wrong =)

All the answers is in this thread and multiple others on bohemia's own forum.

Oh and check your rpt log if its kicking you for any specific reason like missing @epoch mod or whatever.

After many test, HC is not still kick from server, what i change? :

@start arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 [email protected];@EpochHive -profile="HC_HAL" -name="HC_HAL"

into 

@start arma3server.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 [email protected] -profile="HC_HAL" -name="HC_HAL"

i removed "@EpochHive"

Edit : all is ok

Hi Guys

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong, my HC starts console & says dedicated client created & thats it, nothing else.

I've checked the BI wiki, changed the batch file to all combos available. if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

cheers

Hi Guys

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong, my HC starts console & says dedicated client created & thats it, nothing else.

I've checked the BI wiki, changed the batch file to all combos available. if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

cheers

There were a couple of others that had this same problem (myself included) I know you're going to think I'm nuts, but the only thing that worked for me was using steamcmd and redownloading the server files into another directory. Then re-adding the necessary mod and BEC files. After making edits in the appropriate places and firing up the redis database, the client connected immediately.

I spent a couple of days trying every known cure. I reached out the community here and someone offered to help. After several tries of doing what I'd done already, he commented that he'd had to reinstall for three others. If reinstalling the server files doesn't work, PM me.

There were a couple of others that had this same problem (myself included) I know you're going to think I'm nuts, but the only thing that worked for me was using steamcmd and redownloading the server files into another directory. Then re-adding the necessary mod and BEC files. After making edits in the appropriate places and firing up the redis database, the client connected immediately.

I spent a couple of days trying every known cure. I reached out the community here and someone offered to help. After several tries of doing what I'd done already, he commented that he'd had to reinstall for three others. If reinstalling the server files doesn't work, PM me.

Hmm weired. tried it like you said and reinstall the whole Arma via Steam but I have the same issue. Server is started but the client only say "Dedicated client created" and nothing else...:( are there any other things I can check?

Ok it was my fault...I changed the startup parameter from my server without an -ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx so the HC can connect via 127.0.0.1...

Anyway the HC will not slotted automatically and get kicked after x minutes idling in the lobby :D  I only edit the mission.sqm and insert the AI Mission in the custom folder in my PBO. Start the HC client and nothing happen. Server still pending on status "waiting" and my HC is only in the lobby :(

Hello All,

I am having quite the problem getting the headless client to connect and stay connected. It keeps getting kicked and I can not see why it is kicked. I have followed all the forum postings I could find and I still can not get it to work right, could someone assist me with this please?

Hello All,

I am having quite the problem getting the headless client to connect and stay connected. It keeps getting kicked and I can not see why it is kicked. I have followed all the forum postings I could find and I still can not get it to work right, could someone assist me with this please?

Hello rhammer2003,

Dedicated or GSP?

Hello All,

Using TADST to start the server?

Hello laurent09, 

Download horbins FuMS>install.txt.

http://conroh.com/Fums/

Well written installation instructions.

Hope this helps.

Stench

thanks 

I can not , to understand how to configure .

I saw the install.txt file.

but it does not tell me if I should create another server.

sorry for my bad english

In his install.txt you'll see:

3) Make a copy of C:\Games\Arma3\arma3server.exe and rename it to HCserver.exe
4) Start your HC with the following:  C:\Games\Arma3\HCserver.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound 

Personally, I'd also create a new directory. Using the above directory structure as an example I'd create an HC directory. C:\Games\Arma3\HC

Within the HC directory create a file called Config.cfg.   In that Config.cfg file put:

battleyeLicense=1;

I would add the following to the command line that that starts the headless client:

-profiles=C:\Games\Arma3\HC

In the main servers Config.cfg (usually found in the SC directory), be sure the following lines are there:
localClient[]={127.0.0.1};
headlessClients[] = {"127.0.0.1"};
battleyeLicense=1;

Then start up the server and the headless client.  Its all in this thread. Before trying to add any mod using the headless client, be sure that it is working, connecting and staying connected to the game server.

The use of 127.0.0.1 assumes that your headless client is being run on the same machine as the game server.

Good afternoon  everyone. Here I am again, figuring since I have learned so much since I first started server hosting, I would give this a try again. And after all this time, I am still receiving the same errors, problems.

First let me say I am using GTXGaming as my server host.

Second. I followed the new instructions here http://conroh.com/Fums/

Added this:

localClient[]={127.0.0.1,192.168.xxx.xx};
headlessClients[]={"127.0.0.1","192.168.xxx.xx"};
battleyeLicense=1;

to my config.cfg, because this>> Note: If your HC is on a different virtual or physical machine from the server, add the HC's IP addr to both the local and headless client lists!

Server is started, via TCAdmin panel, once up, I use

arma3server.exe -client -connect=69.162.93.230:2302 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound -password="xxxxxxxxx" as my .bat launch command
(I tried various ways to launch, including renaming the arma3server.exe to HCserver.exe. I tried using 127.0.0.1,69.162.93.230 as well. If I try any combination other than just the server IP, it just says Dedicated Client Created, and just sits there doing nothing.)

With the above arma3server.exe -client -connect=69.162.93.230 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound -password="xxxxxxxxx"

I consistently get this:

14:26:40 Dedicated client created.
14:26:44 Client connected: 69.162.93.230:2302
14:26:45 > Player headlessclient connecting
14:26:45 > headlessclient uses modified data file
14:26:45 > Welcome to this GTXGamig.co.uk ArmA3 Epoch Server
14:26:46 > You were kicked off the game.

over and over until I close that window

Any suggestions, Ideas? Is there something I have to change in BE to not get the HC kicked?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Is your headless client on a different machine/virtual server? Your post indicates that it is. If your HC is not on the same machine then 127.0.0.1 won't do you any good and you'll have to use the IP of the game server.

Regardless:

Try creating another profile directory just for the headless client and create a config.cfg file within that directory that has the line:

battleyeLicense=1;

then add the -profile switch to the command line that starts the headless client. (eg. -profile = c:\arma3\HC)

And if\when using 127.0.0.1 don't use both 127.0.0.1 and 69.162.93.230 in the -connect switch. Use just one.

Yes, my HC is on a separate machine than the server. I removed the 127.0.0.1

So when you say create another profile directory, is that in my documents folder, where the other Arma3 profiles are stored? There is currently a directory called headlessclient in Documents > Arma3 > Other Profiles, which it pulls from. I have tried adding the -profile, but then it doesn't even launch. the cmd window closes immediately.

I presently launch my client through Steam, which resides E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3. So when I launch the .bat file, this is the path it launches from

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3>arma3server.exe -client -connect=69.162.93.230 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound -password="xxxxxxxxx"

Documents directory is not used for this profile (though I guess it could be, but then windows may not like it).

Also, the command line sometimes doesn't like spaces in the directory structure, but we can perhaps take care of that with quotes.

Try this:
Add a directory within E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
To keep it easy, lets call the directory: HC
Make this the command line:

arma3server.exe -client -connect=69.162.93.230 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound -name=HC -profile="E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\HC" -password="xxxxxxxxx"

If your batch file is in the ..steamapps\common\Arma 3 directory, you could probably get by with:

arma3server.exe -client -connect=69.162.93.230 -mod="@Epoch;" -nosound -name=HC -profile=HC -password="xxxxxxxxx"

But remember to create a Config.cfg file in the HC directory and put the following line in it:
battleyeLicense=1;

(And we're assuming you don't have a firewall or router that is blocking the ports...)

Thanks Floyd. I'll  give this a shot when I get home from work today. We already have other workstations connecting to the server through the same router, so I don't believe any ports are being blocked, but I will double check everything.

I have a feeling that once I get this working, I will have a face desk moment as to what was wrong.