Kicked Off (Battleye: Public Variable Restriction #0)

robjp2210

One thing like they have said BEC has to be running or you will get random variables, Now BEC has to be started before your server launches which is how I fixed mine, I didn't have to add any variables to public. It has to load watchdog and then it communicates to your server.

What i did.. works flawless

Epoch 2.5.1 arma3 1.36

1. make sure have the BEserver.dll from the serverfile pack. in yourHARDDRIVE:\yourfolder\SC\battleye **Example: C:\arma3\SC\BattlEye**

2. @EpochHive folder there is EpochServer.ini open it and edit this ---->> BattlEyePath = C:\BattlEye  To this ---->> yourHARDDRIVE:\yourfolder\SC\battlEye **Example: C:\arma3\SC\BattlEye**

3. in epochAH.hpp  to get Adminmenu_owner (for example) work right you need to make your steamID and logname to look like this ---->> adminMenu_Owner[] = {{"STEAMID","whatevernamedoesntmatter"}};

4 When you have BEC make sure you copy over Plugins folder in to your BEC folder from Server files FOLDER BEC. latest BEC ok?

5 Configure these with the same password EpochServer.ini (Under REDIS password) next is redis.conf in DB folder requirepass put same password there. SC folder edit the password in config.cfg same on all 3.

6 in BEC there is a ADMIN.XML edit the example and put in your GUID and name when you join the server. also check your CONFIG.cfg in BEC so that it is correct. look for any "#" infront of things you want to use. example #Admins = Admins.xml <--- That is OFF.|| this is on.-->> Admins = Admins.xml

7 Before starting anything you will need to edit the BEServerexample.cfg password in SC\BattlEye to the password you choose earlier. then rename the file to BEServer.cfg and make txt file there aswell bans.txt bec wants it..

8 Rest should show itself or is in the guide that Forum admins have provided..  start. BEC.exe then start-Redis.cmd then the .bat file you made for you arma3server.exe ..

I was bored so i typed this... if i misspelled anything have a laugh... i dont care :)

What i did.. works flawless

Epoch 2.5.1 arma3 1.36

1. make sure have the BEserver.dll from the serverfile pack. in yourHARDDRIVE:\yourfolder\SC\battleye **Example: C:\arma3\SC\BattlEye**

2. @EpochHive folder there is EpochServer.ini open it and edit this ---->> BattlEyePath = C:\BattlEye  To this ---->> yourHARDDRIVE:\yourfolder\SC\battlEye **Example: C:\arma3\SC\BattlEye**

3. in epochAH.hpp  to get Adminmenu_owner (for example) work right you need to make your steamID and logname to look like this ---->> adminMenu_Owner[] = {{"STEAMID","whatevernamedoesntmatter"}};

4 When you have BEC make sure you copy over Plugins folder in to your BEC folder from Server files FOLDER BEC. latest BEC ok?

5 Configure these with the same password EpochServer.ini (Under REDIS password) next is redis.conf in DB folder requirepass put same password there. SC folder edit the password in config.cfg same on all 3.

6 in BEC there is a ADMIN.XML edit the example and put in your GUID and name when you join the server. also check your CONFIG.cfg in BEC so that it is correct. look for any "#" infront of things you want to use. example #Admins = Admins.xml <--- That is OFF.|| this is on.-->> Admins = Admins.xml

7 Before starting anything you will need to edit the BEServerexample.cfg password in SC\BattlEye to the password you choose earlier. then rename the file to BEServer.cfg and make txt file there aswell bans.txt bec wants it..

8 Rest should show itself or is in the guide that Forum admins have provided..  start. BEC.exe then start-Redis.cmd then the .bat file you made for you arma3server.exe ..

I was bored so i typed this... if i misspelled anything have a laugh... i dont care :)

How did you stop the BEServer.dll from being overwritten by the newer version?  The one that comes with the Epoch server files is old and gets replaced automatically by BE.  

Afaik everything is set up right. I used only the downloadable files. Copied and set up everything as the install said. Still getting kicked... Everytime the public variable. 

I can play but the kick is only on admin menu use.

--EDIT--

Recheck everything again. Saw i was missing a BEServer.cfg which I had before. Must have accidently deleted it. Remade it, restarted. Still get kicked on any admin use.

--EDIT2--

Setting the BE filters in the publicvariable.txt from 5 to 1 makes it all work. Only this shouldn't be the way i guess.

ugh these public variable #0 kicks are getting fucking annoying.

Every restart it overwrites the publicvariable.txt and renames it to publicvarible.txt.original.

Everytime it does that on opening the admin menu we then get kicked every time.

We have to keep deleting the new one and renaming the old one back.