Donnovan

Plot Pole remove: Many Crowbar and Tool Box broken

Rai!

Often i have people on my server asking me why they can't remove their plot pole.

The case is that they lost so many crowbars and/or toolbox broken in the process that they start to think that there is something wrong. I feel like then.

So i would like to ask you. This is normal? It's working as intended? Or it's any king of problem my server is having?

Thankyou in advance!

As standard there is a 10% chance of breakage per medic animation cycle (3 normally or twice as many if not the owner).

The code is in remove.sqf and you can change the chance of breakage very easily.

Look for

if((random 10) <= 1) then {

Changing it to

if((random 100) <= 1) then {

Would give a 1% chance.

Removing ( or commenting out) the whole "if" statement up to "};" will remove the chance of breaking a tool.

Oh! I see...

Thanks a lot!

So if the player is not the plot owner the chance to break is 1 - 0.9^6 = 47%.

Its strange as sometimes people try 5 or more times without success, i feel inclined to disable it.

Again, thankyou!

Np,

I got through quite a few tools when taking down a sandbag (IIRC) fence around my plot I had put up to stop the zombies, only to find out the zombies could walk right through (or maybe it was barbed wire...).  That was a real pain and lots of tools got broken.

Yep,

Look in remove.sqf and change

Find

if(!(_ownerID in _friendlies)) then {
_limit = round(_limit*2);
};
Change to 
if(!(_ownerID in _friendlies)) then {
_limit = _limit;
};

You could change it to be a bit more elegant but that will do the same job with the minimum of effort and would be easy to change back if desired.

Hi everyone, 

So no one in my server is getting the option to remove plot poles. I played in another server and it was damn near impossible to get a remove option. But try as I might I nor anyone else, can get the option to remove plot poles. Anyone have any ideas about this? I'm having to delete Plot poles and give free ones to people.. and of course tagging as friendly to build doesnt work anymore either. 

Hi everyone, 

So no one in my server is getting the option to remove plot poles. I played in another server and it was damn near impossible to get a remove option. But try as I might I nor anyone else, can get the option to remove plot poles. Anyone have any ideas about this? I'm having to delete Plot poles and give free ones to people.. and of course tagging as friendly to build doesnt work anymore either. 

I wouldn't know off by heart but If you said what scripts you had installed or what errors you had in your rpt's they mite help. Have you checked your fn_selfactions file to make sure you have done things right there?

I wouldn't know off by heart but If you said what scripts you had installed or what errors you had in your rpt's they mite help. Have you checked your fn_selfactions file to make sure you have done things right there?

No errors, just no option to remove plot pole. 

Scripts that I can think of off the top of my head:

Self Blood bag, 

Suicide

DZGM

DZAI

WAI

DZMS

JAEM

Deploy bike/ mozzie

Towing

infistar

Custom Map buildings