Selecing a spawn point?

ballen

Hey guys,

First of all, I'd like to say a massive thanks to the dev's and community contributors for the recent release of 1.0.6.1 - Me and my buddies did try DayZ Standalone and Arma3 Epoch but it's just not the same! I'm really happy that I've been able to install Epoch 1.0.6.1 and have a fully working version of what I consider "Original DayZ" (with the zombs!!!)

So anyway, I've pretty much got my server set-up how I want it now but just wondered if someone could explain how I can add in the ability for player to select a spawn point/area? - I've seen in some online YouTube videos that players running Epoch can select a town/city to spawn near?

Could anyone offer me any advice please?

Many thanks in advance,

Bobby

Although I tried to install this yesterday I seem to have a problem (there is no spawn points in the selection window when a player re-spawns) and therefore not sure if....

1) This is supported on Epoch 1.0.6.1?

2) I have to manually add spawn points? - I've used the default config and it would appear (from reading the code) that it should auto populate on the 'wordName' variable. - I'm using the Chernarus map and all my other Epoch settings are vanilla!

Any advice would be great - I've reverted my server's snapshot back to before so am going to attempt the installation again today but thought I'd ask the above questions just in case.

Many thanks in advance,

Bobby

Ess is definitely for 1.0.6+ so will work fine on 1.0.6.1

You are correct in saying it will populate based off the worldName variable, You should be able to just install this and it works, so if it's not then you have errors somewhere.

Please post your server and client RPT log to either pastebin, dropbox or similar.

To find your client logfile:

C:\users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 2 OA\ArmA2OA.RPT

2 hours ago, ballen said:

Ok many thanks for confirming Salival - I'll re-install this afternoon and if I still get issues I'll post up my ArmA2OA.RPT file.

Your help is much appreciated!

That's only the client-side log. We also need the server.rpt which should be located on your server, either in the root folder or the config folder.