Elevator Script for Players and Vehicles [WIP/Prototype]

Axe Cop

Have you tried the script? usually it works without any changes to the BattlEye filters, if you are using the default ones form Epoch 1.0.3.1.. :)

Yeah, im getting kicks when i try calling the elevator. I am using some custom be filters to suit my antihack tho. 

27.12.2013 04:03:59: DN | Kimzer (xxxxxxxxxxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- #26 "er removeAction s_player_elevator_select;
s_player_elevator_select = -1;
player removeAction s_player_elevator_call;

But i assume i will get kicks when this one is fixed aswell, for start elevator and so on. 

of course if you are using infistar you have to add the elevator actions to the whitelisted menus..

s_player_elevator_upgrade, s_player_elevator_upgrade_stop, s_player_elevator_select, s_player_elevator_next, s_player_elevator_previous and s_player_elevator_call should be all my custom menu actions :)

Everythings working, except the elevator stops are deleting when built, I've added the object in my allowed objects in variables.sqf, but I think I'm putting the file in the wrong location.

If anyone could point me to exactly where the variables.sqf needs to go, that would be great.

I have tried in the following location(vilayer server):

vilayercustomcode/missions/epoch.chernarus

and i changed the call function to this:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "variables.sqf";

doing this leaves my server continuously "creating"

Thanks.

As stated in my instructions you have to copy the file to you mission folder/pbo and change the reference in your init.sqf (just remove the path if you put it next to the init.sqf in the root folder)

Sorry I edited my previous post with a bit more info.

Yeah, I added it in the root mission folder with init.sqf etc... changed my init.sqf but it now won't load my server, if i remove the variables.sqf and change the init.sqf back to its original state, it loads fine.

Edit - Well, for whatever reason(probably just to make me look like a tool) it seems it now works.

Thanks for the amazing scripts mate.

Hallo Axe Cop,

leider ist mein Englisch nicht Gut. Aber ich weiß das du Deutsch sprichst. Bei mir existiert die "variables.sqf" Datei nicht,

Deswegen verschwindet der Metal Flur auch wen ich ihn Upgrade. Ich habe DayZ Epoch Cherno installiert. Wo muss ich den Classname (bzw. die Zeile) ELE_StopClass = "MetalFloor_Preview_DZ"; einfüge? 

Gruß: Basti

Ich habe gerade schon auf Youtube geantwortet, hier nochmal:

die Datei musst du einfach selber kopieren aus den original Epoch Dateien ("@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo"), in deinen MPMission Ordner kopieren und dann in der init.sqf den Pfad ändern auf deine geänderte Version.

Das ist so immer die selbe Vorgehensweise wenn man Epoch Dateien bearbeiten will, wird öfters beschrieben in jedem 2. Topic, deswegen hab ich es nicht so ausführlich gemacht.

Hey Guys,

maybe someone can help me with this script? I cant get this Working on my Server.

I placed the elevator folder in the root strcture of my mission pbo and do the following in my init.sqf:

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

_logistic = execVM "=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_Logistic_Init.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\debug.sqf";

_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";

["elevator"] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf";

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	

[] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";

//anti Hack

//Lights

//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

If have setting it up like this also:

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

_logistic = execVM "=BTC=_Logistic\=BTC=_Logistic_Init.sqf";

[] execVM "custom\debug.sqf";

_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";

[] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf";

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	

[] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";

//anti Hack

//Lights

//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

I never got this script working, and i will not tell this is very complex to install. But what am i doing wrong? I dont get the options on the metal Floors to upgrade them to an elevator stop. And i got everything i needed for this.

Is there a way to remove stops you no longer want? You don't get the remove metal floor option after upgrading it and they seem rather robust...I fired about 300 LAV-25 cannon rounds into it and it didn't get destroyed.

They may be indestructible, an admin should be able to remove them or you need a custom mod to allow to remove it the same way as metal floors can be removed.

Hello there, I cant wait to get this working!

I'm nearly there, and im sure the answer is somewhere in the previous posts but It seems to be going over my head in places.

When I place a metal floor I can upgrade it to an elevator, when I place another metal floor above it and try to upgrade it to an elevator stop it dissapears and there is no option on the original elevator to start the lift...only select elevator. I think is is something to do with the 'ELE_StopClass = "MetalFloor_Preview_DZ";'  part of it all like you said in your original post, do i simply change that to, for example : 'ELE_StopClass = "WoodFloorHalf_DZ";' and use the half wood floor as a elevator stop?

Many thanks

Robbie

Ive just read the post where you tell someone not to use the same object for the stop as the elevator..so is there a list of things that i can use or do i have to edit something....sorry for being a pain.

Well essentially you can use every object for the stop class, but I've choosen the MetalFloor_Preview_DZ by default because it is transparent and has no collision.

If you would use a wood floor you may be crushed by the elevator if you stand between the elevator and the stop point :(

another option is to use a very small object like a lockbox as stop point :p

anyway if your MetalFloor_Preview_DZ disppears you didn't install the variables.sqf correctly as I've mentioned at least 5 times in this thread..

there would be a solution to build an elevator stop and remove the object ingame, but that would require a custom Hive an dother modifications which would make the installation way more complicated.

In fact it should be very easy at the moment if you have little scriping knowledge at least :)

Ok fixxed it^^ was my fault.

Ähm hi, so ive got it working but i have a problem now. I have build an Tower so and i needed there 3 elevators to get up^^. The first one is working completely, but than cames the massage u cannot build more than 10 stops, so i build a second one. I selected it, so that the next following stops should took the id of the second elevator, but if i call the elevator now, he tolds me that there is no stop available and than, elevator arrived. But nothing happend. The first i've build is perfectly working at anytime. How could i get the other 3 working? Should they build by an other player because of the uid?

Edited by SantaKlau