Taxi & Bus | Transport for Arma

mgm

Yes ClickNGo and Fixed Destinations are working properly.

The insert key at any time and the scroll options when you enter a taxi point.

I did the Taxi point only late last night/early this morning, however you wanna look at it lol.

The 100 up front not too bad, however the 20 per 100m will be modified on my end to 5 or 10 per 100m.

And to stop the spamming of paying krypto, maybe set it to per 250m.

It was about once every few seconds on the side chat.

Or even use titletext or hints, clear up the side a bit.

Wow on the token id type filename structure!

I think this makes you the first and only official user of the script so you have the developers 100% attention if you experience any bugs lol

however it was designed to be self service as much as possible so if you delve into the depths of settings file you can customize many aspects to your liking

for example, you will find there are options to turn on/off both hint & systemChat per PAYG tick charge - just set them to false if you don't like them.

I can add a frequency such as:

on which tick should we hint notify the customer = 20;
on which tick should we systemChat notify the customer = 5;

let me know what you think about the above?

token-id-type-filename: you mean deliberate obfuscation I guess? if so yeah I agree obfuscation is a bit BS, sadly. I am still planning to remove it at v.1.0 or before if I get a chance to stop adding features and start cleaning up code.

Oh yeah, before my first run of this script on the test server I had searched through your entire script, even trying to follow your filename system :) :(!

The settings file is very nice has a lot of info to go through, I think I spent about 30 minutes just reading through it and taking it all in.

In my first test, I went to west spawn, called a taxi manually since the first test ran errors and I had no entry Hint for the Call A Taxi Point.

So I hit Insert, selected my spot and I watched the taxi approach from about 1k out and it took a good few minutes for him to arrive but all went well.

I got in the flatbed of the offroad, accepted the fee, it locked the doors and off we went.

I was able to shoot out of the bed(Just FYI)

This is were I realized the tick for distance needs to be raised to lessen the systemChat spam.

Also were I realized that 600 krypto wont get you very far!

Hence the desire to raise the distance per tick to 250m.

On the 3rd restart after confirming the 2nd and 3rd had no more TfA errors, I went up to the static Taxi Point and successfully received the Hint notification as well as the scroll wheel options for 3 city center destinations, I however was half dead and called it a night.

I will be doing a bit more testing on it later today.

for example, you will find there are options to turn on/off both hint & systemChat per PAYG tick charge - just set them to false if you don't like them.

I can add a frequency such as:

on which tick should we hint notify the customer = 20;
on which tick should we systemChat notify the customer = 5;
let me know what you think about the above?

Yes that would definitely improve the side chat spam, but I do like the constant reminder after the ticks of how much you have left and you know the attention levels of todays gamers!

Admin the taxi man took all my krypto cause I forgot :)

token-id-type-filename: you mean deliberate obfuscation I guess? if so yeah I agree obfuscation is a bit BS, sadly. I am still planning to remove it at v.1.0 or before if I get a chance to stop adding features and start cleaning up code.

Hell you can keep your work that way as long as you like!(forever if you really desire)

Im just glad to have members like you that has the imagination to go with the coding skill.

Just another FYI, no changes will be made to it besides the settings file to keep any testing/errors on the same page for recreation etc.

LMAO im talking about this on TS with a few players and PigglyWiggly responded "When is the towtruck script going to be up? I need to tow my shit to a gas station pronto!" LMFAO for a minute, but I had to put that up in this thread because I think that would be fantastic.

The basis of this script to get the taxi to the person would be the proper way to get a tow truck to the player. Add in some AI movement to do the towing and maybe a Truckers "GET IN THE DAM TRUCK IM LATE" Hint. 25 destinations on the map, choose the closest one and boom. TOW TRUCK Script.

Yes that would definitely improve the side chat spam, but I do like the constant reminder after the ticks of how much you have left and you know the attention levels of todays gamers!

Admin the taxi man took all my krypto cause I forgot :)

Hell you can keep your work that way as long as you like!(forever if you really desire)

Im just glad to have members like you that has the imagination to go with the coding skill.

Just another FYI, no changes will be made to it besides the settings file to keep any testing/errors on the same page for recreation etc.

Thanks for continuing feedback, much appreciated!

Others reading these messages probably won't know about it so let me explain the current setup again... in the script's current version (v.0.3.0b4) in _settings.hpp file, relevant options to Pay-as-you-Go payment system is as copied in spoiler. It is fairly customizable but with regards to hints there is no option to configure 'how often would you like players to be notified?'. It is now in my TODO list and I will look into adding that in a future version (low priority though).

For the time being changing charging is the workaround as you said.

// clickNGo Cost Settings 			(This is the PAYG / Pay-as-You-Go module of Transport for Arma)
// This is the cost of 'calling a driver' to your location
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisNonRefundableBookingFeeCostInCryptoNumber								= 400;

// AbsoluteMinimumJourneyTimeInSeconds			(default = 120 seconds; 2 minutes)		A clickNGo journey will always be pre-paid at least for (AbsoluteMinimumJourneyTimeInSeconds). Even if actual journey last shorter, a refund will not be made. Customer MUST pre-pay the cost to prevent unnecessary disputes.
// RELEASE TODO: enable 120 secs below. delete 10 secs underneath.
//mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisPrepaidAbsoluteMinimumJourneyTimeInSeconds								= 120;
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisPrepaidAbsoluteMinimumJourneyTimeInSeconds								= 10;

// Note: player is paying for the time of Driver (not for distance). If the vehicle gets stuck, it's still costing a lot of money to Taxi Corp, such as:	(driver's time) + (energy) + (insurance) + (blah blah)
// This is the cost of 'calling a driver' to your location
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisAbsoluteMinimumJourneyFeeInCryptoNumber								= 100;

// RELEASE TODO ACTIVATE THE BELOW LINE AND DELETE THE ONE UNDER THAT 
//mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisTickStepTimeInSecondsNumber											= 60;
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisTickStepTimeInSecondsNumber											= 10;
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisTickCostInCryptoNumber												= 20;

// if enabled:	every time a 'tick charge' goes through, we will display a hint message and let the player know that he has been charged				(default: false)
// RELEASE TODO: delete this line, and the one under this. activate the one further down.
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisDisplayTickChargeHintMessageBool										= true;

//mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisDisplayTickChargeHintMessageBool										= false;
// if enabled:	every time a 'tick charge' goes through, we will display a systemChat message and let the player know that he has been charged		(default: true)
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisDisplayTickChargeSystemChatMessageBool									= true;
mgmTfA_configgv_thresholdNumberOfFailedPAYGTransactionsToPermitBeforeInitiatingPAYGserviceAbruptTerminationNumber	= 2;
mgmTfA_configgv_monitoringAgentMissedPurchasingPowerCheckAndPAYGTickChargesAgentSleepTime				= mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisTickStepTimeInSecondsNumber;

// when player get in a clickNGo vehicle, driver will not start driving unless the 'PAYG Initial Fee' is paid.	At this time, 		only for the first get in, player receives a popup window, instructing him TO PAY THE INITIAL FEE,		on any future get ins, player will receive a hint message (no popup), instructing hem to PAY THE INITIAL FEE.		however, it is a proven fact that some people just don't read.		if the setting below is enabled (default option),	driver will continously systemChat message the player [once every second], requesting the 'Initial Fee' payment.
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoTaxisDriverWillKeepRemindingThatTheInitialFeeMustBePaidBool						= true;

LMAO im talking about this on TS with a few players and PigglyWiggly responded "When is the towtruck script going to be up? I need to tow my shit to a gas station pronto!" LMFAO for a minute, but I had to put that up in this thread because I think that would be fantastic.

The basis of this script to get the taxi to the person would be the proper way to get a tow truck to the player. Add in some AI movement to do the towing and maybe a Truckers "GET IN THE DAM TRUCK IM LATE" Hint. 25 destinations on the map, choose the closest one and boom. TOW TRUCK Script.

That is something I actually did consider as when playing (with no TfA in development) I had to run a lot to move cars around :(

Nevertheless this 'weekend' project, TfA, tied me almost two months now, I will refrain from taking on more projects at this time. Once the source code is open I imagine it would be (really) a weekend project if anybody want to base it on this framework to take advantage of what's already in here.

A quick UPDATE report on this project: _settings.hpp file is now shared a single file in git repo so that people interested in this can take a quick look. 1st post updated to reflect the change.

A Quick question for after the testing addition.

Lets say I want to add a new Fixed Destination, after skimming the settings file I found:

Line 460 Settings for TaxiFixedDestination 01 through 03

If I were to add a 4th or more destination would it simply be another chunk of code as such:

(obviously after the 3rd entry)

// Settings for TaxiFixedDestination04
//
// Does this exist?						(i.e.: ignore the rest of the settings below this line)
// 		Referred by TODO-FILL-THIS
mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination02Bool						= true;
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04 Location
// 		Referred by mgmTfA_scr_serverInitCreateObjectHQBuilding.sqf when creating the building
//		Change at your risk. We don't do any collision checks when spawning this building lol
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationPositionArray				= [x,y,z];
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Location Name Text String
// 		Used by server when responding to requestor
// Note: USE UPPER CASE FOR TEXT STRINGS (in accordance with current Transport for Arma user interface standard - all client communications are in UPPERCASE)
//mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString="cityname";
//mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString				= "cityname CITY CENTRE";
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString				= "cityname";
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Menu Option Text
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04ActionMenuTextString				= "CALL A TAXI TO cityname";
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Create marker?
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerBool				= true;
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Map Marker Type
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerTypeTextString		= "mil_dot";
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Map Marker Shape
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerShapeTextString		= "ICON";
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Map Marker Color
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerColorTextString		= "ColorPink";
//
// Taxi Fixed Destination 04	Map Marker Text
//mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerTextString		="Taxi Destination cityname";
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerTextString			= "";
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi MGM

Thanks for releasing this script it is awesome. I have no errors in rpt but I am having a couple of issues. I could anywhere on the map press ins and would call the clickngo, worked like a charm, but after a restart this has stopped working ? still no errors in rpt..

Also I can only get the centre spawn taxi to work, the east and west don't ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks Insem 

LOL MGM,

After looking at that code above for how to add a 4th or more to it, I found an error.

If keeping with the rest of the code, on lines 464, 502, 531 you are referencing:

mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination**Bool

With the * representing 01 through 03, I had left it alone(kept it at 02) with my example code above but after looking at the rest im sure you meant to have line 464 read:

mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination01Bool

Lets say I want to add a new Fixed Destination, after skimming the settings file I found:

If I were to add a 4th or more destination would it simply be another chunk of code as such:

//
// Does this exist?						(i.e.: ignore the rest of the settings below this line)
// 		Referred by mgmTfA_scr_serverInitCreateObjectHQBuilding.sqf when creating the building
//		Change at your risk. We don't do any collision checks when spawning this building lol
//
// Note: USE UPPER CASE FOR TEXT STRINGS (in accordance with current Transport for Arma user interface standard - all client communications are in UPPERCASE)
//mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString				= "cityname CITY CENTRE";
//
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04ActionMenuTextString				= "CALL A TAXI TO cityname";
//
//
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerTypeTextString		= "mil_dot";
//
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerShapeTextString		= "ICON";
//
mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerColorTextString		= "ColorPink";
//
//mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationMapMarkerTextString		="Taxi Destination cityname";
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can't remember if it iterated or hardcoded to 3

first difficult question so far! I'll check code and get back to you on that,  lol

LOL MGM,

After looking at that code above for how to add a 4th or more to it, I found an error.

If keeping with the rest of the code, on lines 464, 502, 531 you are referencing:

mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination**Bool

With the * representing 01 through 03, I had left it alone(kept it at 02) with my example code above but after looking at the rest im sure you meant to have line 464 read:

mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination01Bool

Oh yes, first user caught bug :P  Thanks for spotting this!

Issue added to Tracker & fixed.

New -fixed- build b05 released.

CHANGELOG and CREDITS updated.

//
//
//
//
//
//
//
//

HOWTO Add a New Taxi Fixed Destination (TFD)

Accurate as of v.0.3.0b5

PHASE A

1. Use PBO Manager 1.4 or similar and extract server-side PBO file: mgmTfA.pbo
  2. Open the (server-side) settings file: _settings.hpp.
  3. Copy and paste existing TFD block 03 and replace all 03s in the new duplicated block to 04. If done correctly you will end up with the following:

//
    mgmTfA_configgv_createTaxiFixedDestination04Bool						= true;
    //		Change at your risk. We don't do any collision checks when spawning this building
    mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationPositionArray				= [14555.5,13666];
    mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString				= "FIJI CITY CENTRE";
    mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04ActionMenuTextString				= "CALL A TAXI TO FIJI ";

4. Modify the above and change name (2 times) & coordinates to actual values you desire.
  5. Open the following file:        njrzfwvqzbhlnvnb.sqf        and search for keyword:        mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationPositionArray
  6. Once you find it, copy the 'code block', done wrongly it WILL break your server. You should copy exactly the below, no more, no less -- make sure you include the ; at the end

publicVariable "mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationPositionArray";

7. Paste what you just copied twice, first one should overwrite copied value [i.e.: zero effect on the file] second paste should create the duplicate we need.
  8. Modify the duplicated block and change the name from 03 to 04, leave the rest as is.

You have created a new "location settings" on the server-side and exported it on server launch so that clients now about it

PHASE B

Now you will need to add it to the scroll Pre-Configured Taxi FixedDestinations menu.

1. On the client side find "olnkjddvhdodkbyt.sqf" which presents the menu and by default is aware of 3 locations, open with a text editor
  2. add 04 location name to the menu:        Find A below, replace with B below

A

do { case 1: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01LocationNameTextString }; case 2: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02LocationNameTextString }; case 3: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationNameTextString }; case 0; default { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = "UNKNOWN-DEFAULT-DESTINATION" };
    B

do { case 1: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01LocationNameTextString }; case 2: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02LocationNameTextString }; case 3: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationNameTextString }; case 4: { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationNameTextString }; case 0; default { mgmTfA_gv_requestedTaxiFixedDestinationNameTextString = "UNKNOWN-DEFAULT-DESTINATION" };
  3. add 04 location position to the system:     Find C below, replace with D below

C

do { case 1: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01LocationPositionArray }; case 2: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02LocationPositionArray }; case 3: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationPositionArray }; case 0; default { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = [0,0] }; };
    D

do { case 1: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01LocationPositionArray }; case 2: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02LocationPositionArray }; case 3: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03LocationPositionArray }; case 4: { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination04LocationPositionArray }; case 0; default { _phyhutkkwgosjtil = [0,0] }; };
  4. One last thing, add the actual button:        open ftiirvgdonrqmlbt.sqf, search for E, replace with F

E

mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination01 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 1] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""]; 
    mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination02 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 2] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""]; 
    mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination03 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 3] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""];
    F

mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination01 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination01ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 1] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""]; 
    mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination02 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination02ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 2] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""]; 
    mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination03 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 3] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""];
    mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination04 = _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv addaction [ mgmTfA_configgv_taxiFixedDestination03ActionMenuTextString, "[mgmTfA_gv_pvs_requestorPositionArray3D, 3] call olnkjddvhdodkbyt", "", 0, false, false, "", ""];
  5. Actually this is the real last one, promise:    add the cleanup code so the button doesn't stay there forever, find Y, replace with Z

Y

_xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv removeAction mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination03;

Z

_xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv removeAction mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination03; _xnqsgzsdcvjyavvv removeAction mgmTfA_gv_actionMenuItemTaxiFixedDestination04;

That should do it - good luck!

Hi MGM

Thanks for releasing this script it is awesome. I have no errors in rpt but I am having a couple of issues. I could anywhere on the map press ins and would call the clickngo, worked like a charm, but after a restart this has stopped working ? still no errors in rpt..

Also I can only get the centre spawn taxi to work, the east and west don't ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks Insem 

With regards to the Call-A-TaxiPoints outside Epoch Altis spawn traders East & West unusable issue:

can you tell me what exactly is happening, does the car get stuck, does in not appear, do you not even have the Taxi Dispatcher there, is he refusing to present the FixedTaxiDestinations menu etc?

With regards to it went bonkers after restart issue

After a restart (or during a server run) TfA might lag 3-5 seconds due to server load etc. but on the major features front, it should work consistently.

If anything is missing after 15 minutes or after a restart, my first guess would be an external factor - no idea what though. Assuming this is a test server, perhaps restart again just to test?

If it is indeed an external issue, script won't (can't) do much to assist you in troubleshooting however there is no harm in enlisting its support as much as possible, what you can do now on the TfA side is increasing verbosity to maximum level, which is 5.

This setting is configured in one file (_settings.hpp inside server.PBO) and it drives two separate verbosity levels: server-side verbosityand client-side verbosity.

Be advised that setting it to 5 will write every iteration of while loops etc. so it is something we are supposed to enable & monitor & disable.

It is of global variable nature therefore in theory you should be able to modify it on the fly without requiring a restart but I haven't tried it yet (BE filters should allow it also or you might get kicked I think).

To reduce your search time, here is the links - just copy the setting name and & search in your own _setting file:

Good luck

With regards to the Call-A-TaxiPoints outside Epoch Altis spawn traders East & West unusable issue:

can you tell me what exactly is happening, does the car get stuck, does in not appear, do you not even have the Taxi Dispatcher there, is he refusing to present the FixedTaxiDestinations menu etc?

With regards to it went bonkers after restart issue

After a restart (or during a server run) TfA might lag 3-5 seconds due to server load etc. but on the major features front, it should work consistently.

If anything is missing after 15 minutes or after a restart, my first guess would be an external factor - no idea what though. Assuming this is a test server, perhaps restart again just to test?

If it is indeed an external issue, script won't (can't) do much to assist you in troubleshooting however there is no harm in enlisting its support as much as possible, what you can do now on the TfA side is increasing verbosity to maximum level, which is 5.

This setting is configured in one file (_settings.hpp inside server.PBO) and it drives two separate verbosity levels: server-side verbosityand client-side verbosity.

Be advised that setting it to 5 will write every iteration of while loops etc. so it is something we are supposed to enable & monitor & disable.

It is of global variable nature therefore in theory you should be able to modify it on the fly without requiring a restart but I haven't tried it yet (BE filters should allow it also or you might get kicked I think).

To reduce your search time, here is the links - just copy the setting name and & search in your own _setting file:

Good luck

he is refusing to present the FixedTaxiDestinations menu etc?, and at his feet I see the epoch inventory circle thing.... The central one works great

With regards to it went bonkers after restart issue:

yes this is a test server, I have a few extra mods/scrips installed etc earplugs/lootspawner and some extra vehicles.... I did restart about 3 times without luck ? I am at work now and I will test your suggestions later then report back, 

Cheers

he is refusing to present the FixedTaxiDestinations menu etc?, and at his feet I see the epoch inventory circle thing.... The central one works great

With regards to it went bonkers after restart issue:

yes this is a test server, I have a few extra mods/scrips installed etc earplugs/lootspawner and some extra vehicles.... I did restart about 3 times without luck ? I am at work now and I will test your suggestions later then report back, 

Cheers

Every time there is a bug report I'm re-stating facts and providing background info. Bug reporter might find this unnecessary (and it is so for direct comms) but I am posting more than minimum necessary info to let others know about this mod, hope you don't mind bug reporters :D

Terminology on this is:

• TFD   -   Taxi Fixed Destination

is the point in map where the driver take customers to (i.e.: end of journey). It can be anywhere as per admin's choice (in _settings.hpp position3D array) but by default they are in the middle of 3 major towns.

• CATP   -   Call-a-Taxi-Point

is the point where the customer calls a taxi (i.e.: beginning of journey). A Taxi Dispatcher guy spawn in each CATP to simulate communications with Taxi Corp (so that a car does not spawn in the middle of nowhere).

By the way for those who haven't tested the mod yet: Service Units (i.e.: taxis today, and buses, boats, helis, fixer repair vehicles, in the future) don't spawn in front of customer. They drive & arrive.

This is to simulate Taxi Corp sending the nearest available car from customer perspective -- behind the scenes they are generated at a random distance of 700 mt or so thus the requestor player does wait for the taxi to arrive for a while.

The distance is (or will be, if not yet) configurable.

Back to the issue at hand: I understand you're experiencing in East & West CATPs, Taxi Dispatcher is standing there but not presenting the available Fixed Taxi Destinations menu.

This could be a regression from the great version 0.2.x purge.

I rewrote almost everything and posible that things might have missed - I only tested east/west CATPs once since and at the time determined "that they were okay". evidently not.

I will revisit it soon (weekend?) and will let you know once the issue is confirmed & a fix is available. If you 'follow' this thread using top right corner link you will get a notification that there's a new post here so you won't miss it.

ref: https://gitlab.com/themgm/Transport_for_Arma/issues/16

plz taxi after molos...

could you please elaborate on that?

EDIT:  oic, apparently there is a place called "Molos in Altis map, at the NorthEast corner of the map. I think the word after, here, is used in place of to thus the full sentence in decrypted and proper form can be rephrased as:

Could you please add Fixed Destination Taxis to Molos?

Am I right?

yes

Sadly, I and people are like wtf. You Sir, seem to be the master of these words. I see your EpochModForums career spans two posts so far, I am hoping to learn much from your future posts.

Back to the issue at hand, in our regular lunch meeting today, I have raised your request with TaxiCorp Directors, and here is their reply - and I'm quoting:

Thank you for your suggestion. Due to commercial reasons at this point we are unable to justify a new Taxi Fixed Destination in Molos due to its low population. Please keep on mind that TFDs affect ALL PLAYERS on every server and according to our satellite positioning data less than 1% of the population ever set foot to the area you mentioned.

We have two suggestions for you:

1. Wait for our new service to be released: Transport for Arma - Public Buses
  2. Alternatively, if you don't want to wait, hop in a clickNGo Taxi and it can take you to Molos in minutes!

Regards,

Taxi Corp Mgmt

On top of their official corporate response, I would like to point out this post (in case you missed it): so that you can add it yourself if you really need TFD instead of clickNGo.

Hope this helps?

He just gave you full instructions on how to add a new city to the fixed destinations script.

thank you by the way for those awesome directions.

Hey Sanchez,

No worries. Did you get a chance to test it yet? I can't wait to see the first working user mod to the mod if you know what I mean.

Development Update

1. As much as I can make time for it, I am slowly writing Public Bus service functions in the background, I will publish when I have something usable.

2. I will do some more Epoch AntiHack testing today, and as soon as ready, will publish the results.

BattlEye situation

BattlEye filters definitely need to be added, we have some prelimininary filters as posted in 1st post - I am working on the definitive list.

AntiHack situation

Before I start AntiHack tests, current thinking is that you need to disable Epoch AntiHack to use this script. 3rd party AntiHack seem to be working fine as reported above.

Feedback Request

If you are using this script at all please let me know what your experience was like: what do you think about the instructions, was it difficult to get it up & running, is anything need to be added/removed/changed?

What about the script itself, how can it be improved?

I want to know EVERYTHING :)

Thanks!

I finally got my ready and did some testing on this script as it stands

CONCLUSIONS
As of script version 0.3.0 all players can use Fixed Destination Taxis Feature.
As of script version 0.3.0 only Epoch AntiHack admins can use clickNGo Taxis Feature. This is (I think) due to Epoch AH blocking KeyDown event therefore Transport for Arma script can not even receive a clickNGo-request from non-EpochAH-admin-players.
EDIT: NEW VERSION 0.3.2 FIXES THIS PROBLEM. NON-ADMINS CAN USE clickNGo perfectly fine.

TEST DETAILS

Date=20150413

Arma 3 version=1.42.130244
Epoch mod version=0.3.0.2_b3
Environment State=clean Arma3 dedicated server install + clean Epoch mod install + no other mods, no customizations, everything default.

Note 1: Definitive list of BattlEye filters are still not ready - for the test purposes, all BE filters set to 3 (log to both console & log file) thus BE did not intervene with the AntiHack tests.
Initial version of BE filters, reported to be working fine. Credits: Gen0cide

Note 2: I do not have access to 3rd party commercial AntiHack solutions however it has been reported that script (as of v.0.3.0) is working absolutely fine with -at least one- such solution.

//====================
test:
antihack_Enabled = false;
irrelevant: antihack_cfgPatchesCheck = true;
irrelevant: admin state: I am NOT EpochAH admin
irrelevant: antihack_customVariablesCheck = false;
all BE filters set to 3 (i.e.: log to both console & logfile)
result: in central taxis, fixed destination taxi appeared as per normal. unable to take a ride and fully test as I have no money lol
result: clickNGo button has no response at all. this script is currently not using EpochKEYDOWN apparently 'normal' keydown EH is not working
//====================
test:
antihack_Enabled = true;
antihack_cfgPatchesCheck = true;
antihack_customVariablesCheck = false;
admin state: I am NOT EpochAH admin
result: in central taxis, fixed destination taxi appeared as per normal. unable to take a ride and fully test as I have no money lol
result: clickNGo button has no response at all. this script is currently not using EpochKEYDOWN apparently 'normal' keydown EH is not working
//====================
test:
antihack_Enabled = true;
antihack_cfgPatchesCheck = true;
antihack_customVariablesCheck = false;
admin state: I am EpochAH admin
result: clickNGo button DID respond - didn't take a ride, it should work.
//====================

UPDATE - EPOCH ANTIHACK WORKAROUND

dogNhoop_large.jpg
AH blocking keydown: Another hoop in development phase.                          Pictured above: co-scripter Bruno, his expertise in workarounds helped immensely tonight.

Transport for Arma Taxi module require a call-a-taxi hotkey (INS by default) to my dismay, what was working wonderfully in development environment (older version Epoch & Arma + admin player) stopped working in production testing phase with the latest versions. It appears, Epoch is blocking keypress detection so that:

• If Epoch AntiHack is disabled, keypress is not working, thus player can't call a taxi! :(
  • If Epoch AntiHack is enabled, and player is not an admin, keypress is not working, thus player can't call a taxi! :(
  • If Epoch AntiHack is enabled, and player is an admin, keypress is working, however as you can imagine this is just not good enough!

I looked for a solution a bit in this forum and also on the web but couldn't find a way to make the hotkey key press detection work.
I understand there is an EPOCH_KeyDown function but I can't seem to find any documentation on it - if you are in the know it please let me in!

Until the information becomes available, Transport for Arma I will use a workaround I have implemented tonight which is openMap monitoring service.

When enabled, this service will act as Hotkey injector for player's behalf who pathetically cannot press a simple key :(
Service will continously monitor player's use of openMap command, as soon as it detects that (with the default values) map has been opened 3 times in the last 8 seconds, it will be convinced that player is signalling it and will "press the hotkey" for the player in other words, will order a clickNGo taxi. Note that this is using sleepUntil chained with waitUntil, running on client computer (not the server) and I do not think it will impact the performance within sane levels at all.

This workaround is now tested and found to be working with the most strict settings (Epoch AntiHack enabled + CfgPatches enabled + player not an admin).

EDIT1: I have conceptual design completed for the public Bus Routes; consisting of drawing and updating routes on map, managing multi-line bus routes, service states and so on. I was hoping to release buses this weekend but having received a few bug reports, fixing issues became my priority now. I will look into the other bug report (Fixed Destination working only in Central Taxis) tomorrow.

EDIT2: Here is the additions to the settings file driving this new feature. Time range and amount of keys and the feature itself is customizable, just like all other settings from one single file.

//
// Workaround for:	"Epoch AntiHack is blocking my hotkey for non-admins!" issue

// TfA can now monitor 'openMap' command and take it as the pre-agreed signal that player request a clickNGo Taxi to his position. If enabled (and constraints below fulfilled), this will have exactly the same effect of player pressing the "clickNGo Call a Taxi Hotkey" meaning cooldowns, first timer settings etc. are in effect // default=yes
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoOpenMapCommandMonitoringEnabledBool										= true									;

// If the openMap command is issued this many times (within time frame below), TfA will be convinced that player is signalling us
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoOpenMapCommandMonitoringThisMustBeTheSignalThresholdMapOpenedNTimesNumber		= 3										;

// Whatever number you set above, you should add as many "Zero-And-A-Comma"s below
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoOpenMapCommandMonitoringThisMustBeTheSignalTurnThePage						= [0,0,0]									;

// Whatever number you set above should happen within a time range of this many seconds otherwise it will not qualify as 'The Signal'
mgmTfA_configgv_clickNGoOpenMapCommandMonitoringThisMustBeTheSignalThresholdMapOpenedNTimesInSecsNumber	= 8										;

Full settings file available for web quick peek.