Humanity Doubling - Help Needed

ReDBaroN

Question

Since 105 or 1051 (since 105 was only around for a day before 1051 came out...) I have had strange goings on with humanity.

Sometimes and for some players, not all, it randomly doubles either each time they relog or at server restart. I haven't been able to pin it down more than that. The problem last month was quite rare so, I didn't bother with it after a quick google didn't find anything. However, over the last 2-3 weeks it has developed into a more serious problem. It seems to be happening to some players, not all and the same players. It can happen 3-4 times a day for some players and has resulted in them having humanity in the +/- millions.

I have googled around again and can't see anything posted....?

I have tried the obvious and systematically turned off and on all additional scripts/changes for the last month and haven't been able to narrow it down to any of them either. We are a pretty loaded server with all the usual popular scripts: DZ Group Management, Enhanced Spawn Selection, infiSTAR, Logistics, WAI, EMS, infiSTAR SafeZones to name a few...

The server is high population and a managed virtual server so, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a dev server to test with and have to be careful with what I'm doing with the live based on the population.

Is anyone else seeing this problem at all on their server?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks 

I'm not running any of those either so that's not the answer. Maybe just a bug in Epoch code? Since there doesn't seem to be one definate thing that causes this, it's pretty hard to track down.

Maybe we should find someone who knows how to read the hive logs and have that person look through some of our hive logs?  Humanity values are stored in the hive, so there would have to be entries in there telling the database to increase the values.  Maybe we can cross reference that data with certain server events or the RPT file and get lucky?  Just tossing out ideas here.

BetterDeadThenZed:  Sorry I should have been more clear.  When infiSTAR is active (335) and I change clothes humanity will double for each change.  This will be reflected when the server restarts.  When I disable the same infiSTAR and change clothes the humanity will stay as is.  I restart the server and still the humanity stays.  Once I turn it back on the problem happens again.  Sure other mods may be contributing to this issue but disabling infiSTAR is a 2 second thing to change.  And after the latest update 335c that completely broke tons of servers (I believe you were one of the posters I read having the same issue) that was the most logical place to look.  I have been running the same mods for quite a while and never had the issue until 335.  For anyone else that is having the issue when changing clothes disable your infiSTAR and see if the problem stops.  And before anyone says I am bashing infiSTAR i am not.  Great product and will continue to use it, just have to drop back a revision until things get ironed out.  Hope this helps. 

I am using Infistar 335D. I just performed the following steps:

1. Noted my humanity, then changed clothes.

2. Humanity remained the same after changing.

3. Restarted the server, logged in and my humanity was STILL the same.

4. Did this three times and saw no change in my humanity.

This was tested with the Survivor2_DZ skin and the Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ skins.

This seems to be resolved for me after updating infiSTAR to latest and manually changing the ridiculous humanity in the database. I also ran this: 

DELETE FROM `character_data`
USING character_data, character_data AS tmpcharacter_data
WHERE NOT character_data.CharacterID=tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.CharacterID<tmpcharacter_data.CharacterID
AND (character_data.PlayerUID=tmpcharacter_data.PlayerUID)

Those are the only 3 steps that I did and so far I have not seen any humanity duplication.

BetterDeadThanZed:  Problem is I never got an email for 335D.  The last update I got was 335C which completely breaks my server.  I believe D does fix the issue so those that have not got that update or later are stuck downgrading to an earlier one.  Weird that everyone seems to get updates in packs and not everyone at once.  Seems only selected groups get an update and the rest are skipped from what I can see from other posts.  Nothing in my spam filter either.  Last one I got was 9/21

Try 335 if you have it and I was doing the survivor to hero skin back and forth.  I did another skin too but I don't recall at the moment what it was.

BetterDeadThanZed:  Problem is I never got an email for 335D.  The last update I got was 335C which completely breaks my server.  I believe D does fix the issue so those that have not got that update or later are stuck downgrading to an earlier one.  Weird that everyone seems to get updates in packs and not everyone at once.  Seems only selected groups get an update and the rest are skipped from what I can see from other posts.  Nothing in my spam filter either.  Last one I got was 9/21

Try 335 if you have it and I was doing the survivor to hero skin back and forth.  I did another skin too but I don't recall at the moment what it was.

^^^ I feel the same way.. last update i got was 9/21 as well. I requested the update twice. Still nothing... sucks.. still waiting..

you guys have no idea the work that goes into keeping this AH up to date against the constant hacks on the other side.

I wonder how many of you have donated on top of your initial amount to support the guy, my guess not many. I tried to talk him into a monthly payment model for updates.

I have. I have donated three total times. I was not stating anything besides the fact I would like to get my update just as bad as most of us. I said it sucks because some people are getting it while most still haven't.  I love the work Chris does for all of us. It's what keeps our servers alive and healthy. No doubt.  I'm all for paying monthly for his updates, for sure! I'd hop on that with a quickness! Chris!! Make that  a thing, man! 

most of the people that get the update first are actually the testers of it. Some times it's a good thing to be on that side, some times it's really bad :D

Yeah loading test versions on live & loaded servers can be entertaining :D

Cen:  I am baffled by your comment.  I don't think any of us were bashing the guy that does infiSTAR.  Personally I am thankful for his product and completely understand that sometimes a buggy update will come out.  Even the giants like Microsoft and Apple release a "flop" that we have to wait on a fix.  If I had any negative comments it would be on his release method.  I would like to think if he has 3000 people that have bought his product he would have a distribution group with 3000 emails in it so we can all get it at once.  Im guessing since he does not do it that way there is a reason. 

The fact that it seems 335D fixes the issue he must be aware there was something in the code doing this or poorly interacting with common modifications.  90% of us our copy and paste ninjas with the code here and don't understand what the code is actually doing.  I am in the 90% and just after a few weeks of doing this am starting to see the pattern that you "experts" can see.  The best I can offer to the developers is a "Thank you" when the mod works great or "Its broke" when it does not.  In this case I narrowed it down to his product and when disabling it the problem went away.

So if the infiSTAR guy is reading this, thank you for your product.  I believe 335 and 335C have some bugs so hopefully you can push out the 335D or later to us that are stuck with those 2.

Just got an email from Infistar stating that he was moving on to other projects and not going to publish any more updates.  So if the 335E update he just sent out doesn't fix it then it looks like it's not going to get fixed.  This is of course assuming that the AH was the source of the problem, which hasn't been confirmed.  Methinks this may be a good time to migrate over to EAT since development is still ongoing.

Just got an email from Infistar stating that he was moving on to other projects and not going to publish any more updates.  So if the 335E update he just sent out doesn't fix it then it looks like it's not going to get fixed.  This is of course assuming that the AH was the source of the problem, which hasn't been confirmed.  Methinks this may be a good time to migrate over to EAT since development is still ongoing.

Hmm.. haven't gotten an E update and didn't get the email that he's stopping development. I'm under the impression that the humanity stopped doubling with the D update. What is "EAT"?

I think that was BlurGaming, who's moving on to other projects. Unless, infiSTAR is also closing shop and I haven't received that email yet.

I think that was BlurGaming, who's moving on to other projects. Unless, infiSTAR is also closing shop and I haven't received that email yet.

Correct.  I was under the impression that BlurGaming was the distributor for Infistar.  That being the case, how will we be able to get updates in the future?