Need solution to heli with base building

zonadawg61

Hello,  I have a problem with my base in dayz.  More and more people have discovered my base in dayz and go to try to loot it while i'm offline well they were always unsuccessful to get in BUT they destroy my heli with either ground attack or from another heli above.  I am on top of pip kozlovka near cherno and I need a solution to this problem with building but i dont know what to build to protect the heli pad and the helis on it from ground and air attacks

Heres a picture of the heli pad 

post-19005-0-41034600-1407719448_thumb.j

I don't think helis can be blown up by bullets alone. So if it's on a raised platform, the only ways they could completely destroy it would be by crashing a plane/helicopter in it, or by using explosives. Unfortunately, there's no viable way that I know of to prevent this while logged out.

yeah i was in game but, when he was in his heli i was having a brainfart and forgot to get my as50 out but is there anyway to build something to keep the heli safe.  I cant keep getting helis from the hero trader.  Yeah he had heli with laucher i couldnt see the heli because i was in my safe room which is on the bottom floor

but he will just keep bombing my heli

The only solution is to switch to ground transport. There is no constructible that will cover the roof. You could build a roof and make it high enough to fly under, but there is nothing wide enough to fit a chopper through unless you use something like a Mossie. So no matter what they will have SOME angle to fire upon your chopper unless you went REALLY complex and made it so you had to fly INTO and then drop straight down. They they would have to fly into your base and hover over the chopper while shooting it and risk it's explosion blowing them into a wall.

|

|

|              ________

|              |

|              |

|_______|

Something like this. That means you will have to be spot on when landing every time though.