125548 on DayZ Commander

TheHound

Now I'm confused again, I ran that patch they told me to.

Then just as I was logging into my server THEY turned it off and I got this email:

It'll be whatever beta is latest in Steam, doesn't look like it follows the same structure though. Its now the main exe.

I'm doing some manual stuff to it, so you need to be very careful, until we can get something more permanent sorted, you'll need our help if you reinstall or change maps.

Your query port will be 4340 once I'm finished

Am I the only one who thinks they don't know what they are doing? 

I'm going to jump to Vert when this months contract is up! 

I've heard good stuff about Vert.  Did they give you the option to update your server to the Steam Beta? 

Vert all the way. They have the patches ready to install, literally at the click of a button within about 36 hours, normally less...

Then, for arma, all you do is change your required build, add steam ports, change version number all in config.cfg and off you go!

Little bit trickier for 105/1051 depending on the mods you're running but, for a vanilla install, same as above.

Don't quit chap. Hang in there. Just change host to someone who's actually going to listen and be proactive at sorting your problems out. I had a terrible experience with my previous host, who Ill only mention in PM and I really feel your pain.

take it easy on your admins too dude, it's not their fault, they're probably mostly youngsters like mine and I'm sure that they're very helpful in other ways in game.

"authentication timeout" = clent server mismatch (steam beta server/old beta client or the other way)

Verify your files in steam and to make sure before you do delete arma2oa.exe from

Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

And also delete the beta folder at

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\

Then verify files in steam and you should be good to go.

Edit >>>>

I see you fixed it lol

But this fixed it for me as steam wasn't replacing my arma2oa.exe

Well, 112555 is not the Steam version. It will not be protected by BattlEye and will not show up on any server list. You can't join it from the in-game browser either. Players will have to join it directly.

It's really very simple. All clients must update to Arma 2 OA beta. It's not complicated. Steam will update that as needed. Your server needs to be updated to 1.63 as well. If you don't, you won't have any players.

Here's the issue, you are making a HUGE mistake.  The first rule of Programming / IT / Computer Service is NEVER EVER trust the user.  Ever.  If you think "oh anyone should be able to figure this out" you are doing yourself a huge disservice.

The main problem is the difficulty in launching arma2 with parameters.  I am a computer professional, I know how to make a shortcut with launch params, 99% of people don't or just can't be bothered.  Until commander is updated, which is the easiest method at the moment, the community will suffer.

Servers will shut down, mark my words.  All the fly by night hosts are going to disappear and only the most dedicated will remain.

Yes I created a .bat for joining for my current regulars, but like hambeast said people just in general can't be bothered with selecting a few expansions on the expansion page or creating a shortcut with the correct parameters. It's quite sad really but its still a fact, I like the sound of an epoch launcher as someone mentioned above but without a simple solution for browsing servers like dayz commander (or an epoch launcher) was I just don't see how servers will survive other then the ones that are already extremely popular.

No ifs or buts about it really, if they want their player base to remain, they will "NEED" commander, thats basically it in one sentence , sort out commander or loose 3 quarters of the current servers and playerbase. :(

NVM - Did not read vbawols post. good stuff :D will make alot of people happy.

So basically you'd have to update arma via dayzcommander. But what other steps do players have to take? Do they have to tick the launch using steam option?

To ensure players have the latest version of Arma 2, they really should allow Steam to update their game. I don't think that should even be an option in Dayz Commander anymore.

Not wanting to sound like a dick or anything, but Dotjosh needs to get a bloody move on.  He's known about this Steam update just as long as we've known about it, and if playsix can get their act together, so can he!  it's bad enough that my crappy provider are acting like there's no need to rush the update, without the one tool that ALL my users use being out of date (playsix might be the alternative, but everyones used to dzc now, an you know how lazy people are to change over to something new)!

Sort it out already!